Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Varik wrote: »
    Pretty sure you got something if you did before, I think they may have been a gun in some of them but all had exclusive dog tags and such.

In Bad Company 2 if you had "Veteran Status" you got the M1 Garand and in Battlelog for BF3, your veteran status was tracked on your profile. Veteran Status was based on the number of Battlefield games previously owned or those games linked to your EA account.

YXyDaj2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I think I'm the highest I've ever seen. level 10/11 vet or something like..only games I was missing was 1942 secret weapons as I lost the serial key for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Blazer wrote: »
    I think I'm the highest I've ever seen. level 10/11 vet or something like..only games I was missing was 1942 secret weapons as I lost the serial key for it.

I will sell you my key Blazer, that way you will finally fill that hole in your life

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I think I'm the highest I've ever seen. level 10/11 vet or something like..

13 myself :cool:

FkppLY6.png

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    13 myself :cool:

FkppLY6.png

ya bollix...joeface gimme that key quick although BF3/BF4 and Hardline would bring me up :)

• Advertisement

ya bollix...joeface gimme that key quick although BF3/BF4 and Hardline would bring me up :)

As far as I know if you contact EA support they can manually add the game. Regardless whether or not you have the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    In Bad Company 2 if you had "Veteran Status" you got the M1 Garand and in Battlelog for BF3, your veteran status was tracked on your profile. Veteran Status was based on the number of Battlefield games previously owned or those games linked to your EA account.

YXyDaj2.jpg

what do you actually do to get your veteran status upped . i own all the battlefield games but it still says veteran status 1 for me and shows 2 emblems :confused:

what do you actually do to get your veteran status upped . i own all the battlefield games but it still says veteran status 1 for me and shows 2 emblems :confused:

If I recall correctly you just need to sign in with your EA account on the game and it should link up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    If I recall correctly you just need to sign in with your EA account on the game and it should link up.

already have many times :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

already have many times :confused:

The veteran status is basically no more, it wasn't taken over to future battlefield games and was always incorrect anyways, and if you want to add old games to it, you have to contact EA reps for that particular platform, and that's just a pain in the arse.

• Advertisement

yeah it was a nice idea to recognise the long term players..
    for Fifa UT I had a FUT founder's logo over my team when I matchmake as I played the original back in 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Can't remember which game it was but getting the m1 garand was nice if you had 1942 I think.

Varik wrote:
    Can't remember which game it was but getting the m1 garand was nice if you had 1942 I think.

Bad Company 2 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Varik wrote: »

I thought it was if you had the 1943 game they released just on consoles?

at least it was with the 360 version of bad company 2.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I thought it was if you had the 1943 game they released just on consoles?

at least it was with the 360 version of bad company 2.

"As part of the "Battlefield Veterans" program, players gain access to the M1 Garand rifle if they have registered two or more Battlefield games with EA, or if they have joined the "EA Gun Club""

1943 wasn't available on PC so they had to design some way for players to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Totally off-topic, Do we still need 5 in the title? Was helpful for pre announcement discussion :)

The First-Ever Battlefield™ 1 Multiplayer Livestream at EA Play on June 12 at 2:00PM PT (10pm Irish time)

Excited to see Battlefield™ 1 in action? Tune in on June 12 at 02:00PM PT for Battlefield Squads, where 64-players will take part in the first-ever livestream of Battlefield 1 gameplay. Battlefield community members BATTLEFIELD FRIENDS – NOOB and StoneMountain64 will be serving as Team Captains, and their team rosters will include some of the most well-known YouTubers and Twitch streamers around, as well as a few special guests.

https://www.battlefield.com/en-gb/squads

Looking forward to seeing this in action! :D

More Artwork released.

CjzbAdcVEAAmQ_U.jpg:large

Surprising no one it seems BF1 came very close to not being made as EA felt it is too much of a risk

37 possible Concept Art photos

Some are claiming these to be fake but if they are fake they are incredibly well done.

Update: Full list containing 44 Images

• Advertisement

XtraFalcon wrote:
    Some are claiming these to be fake but if they are fake they are incredibly well done.

Ea friend confirms they're real. They're concept art mix of both sp & mp

Bit more info after being posted here, about weapons etc: https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/weapons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Those art photos are cool...however I think the 'official' artwork - with that horribly over-used orange and blue effect - being used on teasers and for promo purposes is dreadful. It's like they don't want people to know it's set 100 years ago.

I mean, look at the image in that promo clip! A man dramatically standing pointing a pistol with one hand, holding a club in another, with what appears to be a cape billowing behind him, as well as a burst of artificial techno light. It's like the game designers and marketing people are on different pages altogether - there's zero connection between that image and the content of the actual teaser clip.

Every single Battlefield title until now has captured what the essence of the game is through very effective use of it's cover art - this is just so incredibly generic it could be a picture representing 1916, 2016, or 2116.

Why they went with that and not some of the fantastic artwork contained in those images is slightly concerning....My main concern is that they're going to bastardize the first world war in an effort to appeal to as broad a market as possible - and the head honchos at EA. I don't expect a hardcore simulator but if they were going to take massive liberties I'd much rather they didn't base it during WW1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Those art photos are cool...however I think the 'official' artwork - with that horribly over-used orange and blue effect - being used on teasers and for promo purposes is dreadful. It's like they don't want people to know it's set 100 years ago.

I mean, look at the image in that promo clip! A man dramatically standing pointing a pistol with one hand, holding a club in another, with what appears to be a cape billowing behind him, as well as a burst of artificial techno light. It's like the game designers and marketing people are on different pages altogether - there's zero connection between that image and the content of the actual teaser clip.

Every single Battlefield title until now has captured what the essence of the game is through very effective use of it's cover art - this is just so incredibly generic it could be a picture representing 1916, 2016, or 2116.

Why they went with that and not some of the fantastic artwork contained in those images is slightly concerning....My main concern is that they're going to bastardize the first world war in an effort to appeal to as broad a market as possible - and the head honchos at EA. I don't expect a hardcore simulator but if they were going to take massive liberties I'd much rather they didn't base it during WW1.

It's early days yet. The promo images and clips we've seen were made to cause a buzz about the game and judging by the fact that the original promo trailer is one of the most liked videos on youtube, they have certainly succeed in creating one hell of a buzz. BF4 was my first Battlefield game but from what I know, they do stay true to whichever era each Battlefield title is set in. WW1 was grim and if they were to be ultra realistic with the cover art they would have to show something like a soldier in a trench or a generic bombed out town with a soldier either manning a machine gun or being on the receiving end of a machine gun. In either of those cases it would look drab and depressing and it doesn't take a marketing genius to know that that's not all that appealing. I'd withhold judgement on BF1 until I see proper in game footage.

It's almost as if it was designed by an incredibly lazy marketing team using very basic advertising techniques: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OrangeBlueContrast

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

I don't get it, they release a 'TRAILER' on June12th....but the same day...we can watch a 64 man game. Shouldn't they release the trailer before that, considering the amount of footage we'll see in the game being played.

A new teaser trailer to tie us over until tomorrow night :cool:

Really loving the environment shots they are using.

XOOJEEt.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

hup hup. Really looking forward to seeing this. Dying to see what they have set for multiplayer.

Advertisement