Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,548 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

45 minutes of multiplayer gameplay :eek:

Looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Here's a few more short vids:

Jackfrags gameplay: (2:19)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkRcvtGE90Q

Air gameplay: (1:59)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc3zZyEUKxA

Mixed: (1:56)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-HWKnjugDo

Tank Gameplay: (2:02)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNb9I9vy_gE

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

aircraft gameplay does look like its borrowed a small bit from war thunder which is a good thing. The reticle doesnt seem as locked ahead of the plane so there's a bit of space for making movements etc. Internal view looks good too.

levelcap has dump 40 minutes of footage up online:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Game play looks good enough , Balls suppose now I'm Saving for GPU and new Screen ....F - U EA . I will just tell my self its for the long winter nights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

Why can no one be honest and agree that the player movement speed is stupidly fast and should be more suited to arena shooters that BF.

Yes I get it, it is not a simulator, but that doesn't excuse going even more chaotic. To me it is more Hardline 2 than BF4 successor

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

some observations gameplay wise

-Animation getting into vehicles (cool cool)

-No animation getting out of vehicles though.

-Assault appears to carry heavy weapons as a secondary and they must be deployed to be used

-Tickets now count up instead of counting down

-Vehicle classes look to be cop out

The last 3 have me worried

First 2, I like having into animation, though i'm slightly peeved its only for one way. Seems they are still ok with players jumping out of vehicles to quickly gun down someone trying to plant TNT.

Assault carrying a deployable only weapon should work but watching the 44 minutes of gameplay I rarely to never seen anyone use it. I only realised it was there when I saw level cap take out the gun briefly, get warned it needs to be deployed to be used. But I never saw anyone using them throughout the livestream last night. Though I did see a lot of preplaced weapons. Something that BF3 made a big deal of getting rid of most of them. Would be nice if assault can set up a deployed gun and then leave it there for other players to use but they still get points for every kill with it.

Vehicle classes dont appear to be proper genuine classes, but something akin to the spawn into a vehicle from spawn mechanics of BF3/BF4 only now it comes with the cost of your loadout being a basic one. You can see it when it goes to the map there's a wheel icon and a prop icon around the home base which players click on to spawn into the vehile and you choose between heavy, medium or light. (see it here in levelcaps video: https://youtu.be/6iJVTHMZ6EY?t=12m44s) I cant tell if the numbers allowed is affected by the choice of vehicles or if there is freedom for one time to use up all their tank spawns to put landships on the field while the enemy team goes all light tanks?

But my biggest concern is tickets counting up. A lot of stuff happens in this that doesnt happen in previous battlefields in terms of destruction and sheer numbers on screen. And I think they are balancing this by putting a much tighter lock down on how long matches will last so that players cant push things too far until the game resets. I also found the scoring system confusing as it looks like the British should have won the second round when you see the score breakdown as they held more flags and captured more flags (see: https://youtu.be/6iJVTHMZ6EY?t=29m13s) but I cant work out why the germans won. Its one of quite a few elements of star wars battlefront I dislike with how controlled the game's length is per match and it looks like its coming over to battlefield which i'm not happy about. When you put too much control on the limits of a match I find a game gets repetitive much quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Lads it's pre-alpha. They've learned from bf4, it will improve before release..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,149 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet, but that looks like a German captured British Mark IV or V tank in use. The Germans had a term for such tanks, Beutepanzer. This was a tradition the Germans kept to even throughout WW2 as well. Google will show plenty of examples if you're curious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Am I the only one who has issue with TTK being lowered seeing as how insta deaths are still a thing as is?

• Advertisement

GerB40 wrote: »
    Lads it's pre-alpha. They've learned from bf4, it will improve before release..

Oh god it's the Battlefield 4 release all over again

*starts rocking in corner*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭tigger123

Am I the only one who has issue with TTK being lowered seeing as how insta deaths are still a thing as is?

What's an insta death?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Fast deaths

tigger123 wrote: »
    What's an insta death?

If you have ever experienced all bullets hitting you at once and your health jumps from 100 to dead within a half second and it wasn't a head shot kill.

That's an insta death

Usually a result of the server tick rate and packet s being processed registering all at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

insta death all the way, hardcore mode is where its at!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Looks good, pretty much bf4 set in ww1 which I would have little complaints about. Just hope enough differences to keep it interesting. I think maybe it could be slowed down a bit although it probably appeals to more the way it is

A couple of things I've noticed:

- You can repair tanks from inside now without getting out. You have to come to a dead stop, becoming a sitting duck whilst you repair but one of the tanks is capable of carrying 6 people.
    So whilst the driver's repairing, the 5 MG's can cover his ass.

- During tank battle, it now appears to show which part of the enemy tank you have disabled, I noticed "Tracks Disabled" & "Engine Disabled" instead of the classic "Vehicle Disabled".

- Once or twice, after someone levelled up I noticed a "War Bonds earned" pop up on screen. I'm guessing this is something to do with unlocking new stuff?

- You can run along the topside of the Behemoth. How cool would it be to have a knife fight on top of it!!

- Aerial dogfights, shooting an enemy plane had chunks of their wings break off, very realistic!

- The female voice over uses the British Army phonetic alphabet from 1914-1918 as can be seen fully here: http://www.royalsignals.org.uk/articles/alpha.htm
    Hopefully they get rid of the female voiceover altogether or change it to something more suitable.

To add more to the first point, the tank being repairable from the interior. 1 YouTuber managed to go 32-0 during the livestream just from tank kills. You can see it fully below:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

hope they remove the woman making the "you lost control point banana" not s exist but it just takes away from the setting I'd more imagine a British general with his head so far up his arse he is looking at the Battle from the back of his mouth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Looks good. I agree that the female announcer seems totally off. A real Command and Conquer vibe off it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'd imagine the female voice is a placeholder at the moment. I'd hope so anyway as it does take some of the immersion away. Any chance they could add General Melchett instead? :pac:

It certainly looks fantastic with more destruction than BC2. Can't wait to see more and also give the Beta a try.

Large vehicle skins, ok?

Also, Battlepacks are back then.

7VyMPKv.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Are the system requirements released yet? I couldn't find them when I looked.

Hal1 wrote: »
    Are the system requirements released yet? I couldn't find them when I looked.

No system requirements yet. But expect them to be similar to Battlefront.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/pc-system-requirements-star-wars-battlefront/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Those minimum requirements for Battlefront are way off. I've noticed the past few years that minimum and recommended requirements often have zero basis in reality and it's like they pick them out of a raffle and slap them on the game.

With those 'minimum' specs you'd be able to play Battlefront at 1080p high settings.

Have to say I'm impressed looking at the videos.

A big problem from BF4 looks to be fixed.... Building positioning.

In 4, some building are either levelled immediately, or are too far away from the action to matter.

The map in the videos, if its the standard, has a good mix of infantry and vehicle opportunities.
    Kind of like the top of Golmud Railway.

Too many of the BF4 maps lead to either being infantry or vehicle focused and going against the grain meant you were cannon fodder.

If this map is the standard, we might get a nice mix of gameplay without obvious attack points.

The flying looks similar to Battlefront.
    I didn't bother with Jets much in BF4 and I think they were more of a nuisance than anything, this Battlefront flying version is a nice medium I think.

Cant wait tbh.

Not the best quality.

Ck_C7ntW0AAbYNM.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Have to say I'm impressed looking at the videos.

A big problem from BF4 looks to be fixed.... Building positioning.

In 4, some building are either levelled immediately, or are too far away from the action to matter.

The map in the videos, if its the standard, has a good mix of infantry and vehicle opportunities.
    Kind of like the top of Golmud Railway.

Too many of the BF4 maps lead to either being infantry or vehicle focused and going against the grain meant you were cannon fodder.

If this map is the standard, we might get a nice mix of gameplay without obvious attack points.

The flying looks similar to Battlefront.
    I didn't bother with Jets much in BF4 and I think they were more of a nuisance than anything, this Battlefront flying version is a nice medium I think.

Cant wait tbh.

Jets in BF4 were class in battlefront I felt like I was playing army men air assault (PS1 Game) the way it controlled

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Jets in BF4 were class in battlefront I felt like I was playing army men air assault (PS1 Game) the way it controlled

It was too simplified for my liking. I liked the controls better in BF4 as I could control the jet entirely, I also wasn't a major fan of using the d-pad as an escape manoeuvre as often times it would cause me to crash it.

One thing the airplay did have over BF4 (when it was first released) was the inability to leave the vehicle. I've been killed so many times by people taxing vehicles in BF4 I'd prefer that anytime someone jumps in a vehicle they commit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,324 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    It was too simplified for my liking. I liked the controls better in BF4 as I could control the jet entirely, I also wasn't a major fan of using the d-pad as an escape manoeuvre as often times it would cause me to crash it.

One thing the airplay did have over BF4 (when it was first released) was the inability to leave the vehicle. I've been killed so many times by people taxing vehicles in BF4 I'd prefer that anytime someone jumps in a vehicle they commit.

One of the great things about Battlefield is that you can change your tactics on the fly depending on what you come up against. I like being able to jump into a tank to take out the armour defending a flag and then jump out of the tank to go and take the objective

Vehicles are also required for transport. If a map is big, it's boring to have to walk from flag to flag. There need to be some vehicles dotted around the map to get people back into the action when they've captured a base and neutralised all the enemy at that location.

Whatever about having tanks spawn only, jeeps should definitely be available to anyone and dotted around the place for transport

Advertisement