Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

I've been playing Battlefield since early 2004, I've seen a lot of people do different things over that time.

I understand the need for people to change tactics otherwise you'd never win a game.

I'm well aware vehicles can be used to transport people but why should another teammates tactic result in my death?

I've seen people jump into tanks and the very second they get hit they jump out and run, resulting in the enemy team getting another tank.

I've spawned in transport choppers than have ended up doing a sudden 170 Degree flip because some recon wanted to hop onto the Wind Turbine and smacked it off it without consideration for the other 4 with him.

Now I'm not trying to say all vehicles are equal, I wouldn't trade a dirt bike for a tank or a Jet-Ski for a RCB Attack boat but Vehicles can draw a massive line between winning and losing a game.

Battlefield 1 (based on what we saw) has a lot more infantry focus than 4, if people are going to start throwing vehicles away and/or at the enemy then the team could buckle soon after. "It's brave to stand up to your enemies but stupid to stand up to a tank barrel."

Once in Flood Zone, I hopped into a Transport Chopper and lo and behold he was on his way to the roof of the 3 tallest buildings, I swapped into the last seat ready to take over the controls when he smacked it into the side of the building but instead he flew higher and left the 3 recons jump out and parachute onto the roof. Then 3 more team mates spawned on the chopper as he went straight for enemy's homeplate (Flag closest to their spawn) and all 4 of us jumped out and just as I see him fly off I saw one of his miniguns spin up and off he went. For the rest of the game he flew around E - D - A keeping people on the flags and allowing his gunners to spot and (attempt) to kill enemies already on the flag. The other team was far far better at killing us but we held the majority of the flags thanks to the Transport pilot and won the game solely by ticket bleed. He was by far the best pilot I have ever seen, he committed to his role.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

XtraFalcon wrote: »

I've seen people jump into tanks and the very second they get hit they jump out and run, resulting in the enemy team getting another tank.

This I hate ...TAKE THE DAMN DEATH ....or if you do jump out and cannot repair IT Wreck your own tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

For anyone with a 4k display or even a 1440p monitor, Jack Frags has uploaded a 4k upscaled video of Battlefield 1 to YouTube:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Joeface wrote: »
    This I hate ...TAKE THE DAMN DEATH ....or if you do jump out and cannot repair IT Wreck your own tank.

About 9 times out of 10 people will jump out when your repair tooling the tank. About 7 of those your guaranteed to kill them with the tank that was theirs 30 seconds before :)

• Advertisement

Closed Alpha gameplay - Ravic

The NDA is lifted today so there's going to be a LOT more videos like the above flooding YouTube :)

Not sure if this has been posted previously or not:

1. The Battlefield 1 Servers will support High Tick Rate upon launch.
    2. Tank Takedowns (The act of jumping ontop of a tank and throwing a grenade inside) will not be present in BF1 Multiplayer.
    3. There will be no visual recoil effect as seen in previous Battlefield titles. The recoil shown when firing weaponry in Battlefield 1 is the true recoil of that weapon.
    4. Attack planes have anti-infantry level bombs.
    5. Bomber planes will also have anti-infantry bombs but also much larger payload bombs too.
    6. Some Closed-Alpha gameplay you may be seeing has an incorrect FOV, making things look stretched. This isnt final.
    7. Weather affects Sniper Scope Glint, this means that it shall glint during sun periods of weather but not in the likes of rain or fog - Take advantage of the field.
    8. 3D Spotting is still within the game.
    9. No All-Kit weapons in Battlefield 1, Medics will not be gaining access to bolt actions.
    10. Assault will receive SMG's and Shotguns, Medics gain semi automatic rifles, Support will get LMGs, Scouts will get Bolt Action rifles.
    11. Everyone gets Parachutes
    12. Counter knifing has been removed with Battlefield 1, the first player to activate the melee kill will be the individual getting that kill.
    13. Bayonet charging at each other, whoever did it first gets the kill.
    14. The Behemoth (Zeppelin to some of you) is a six player seated vehicle that will come in once the losing side reaches a point of desperation, it can have the ability of turning around a losing match. While there is no function to control altitude, you can pilot the Behemoth and control the direction it ends up going in.
    15. Destroying the gondolas below a Behemoth will destroy the platform, thus remove that player seat from the Behemoth, you can also kill players standing inside those platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,425 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

7. Weather affects Sniper Scope Glint, this means that it shall glint during sun periods of weather but not in the likes of rain or fog - Take advantage of the field.

lovingly strokes sniper rifle...I'm hoping crap Irish weather for all maps..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,148 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Blazer wrote: »
    lovingly strokes sniper rifle...I'm hoping crap Irish weather for all maps..

You're aware of the new counter sniping bonus.....?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I know it has to take liberties with historical accuracry, but it did seem a bit odd to have black german infantry, is it just me?

I'm really excited about BF1, but I can't help but wish with every new video that they'd just gone BF:1944 rather than try and make WW1 relatable to the younger crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,425 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I know it has to take liberties with historical accuracry, but it did seem a bit odd to have black german infantry, is it just me?

I'm really excited about BF1, but I can't help but wish with every new video that they'd just gone BF:1944 rather than try and make WW1 relatable to the younger crowd.

you can be guaranteed the next version will be WW2 or Vietnam..

That Dreadnought dazzle camo sure is something...

3BfMkBk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

That Dreadnought dazzle camo sure is something...

Was pretty standard for WW1 ships to use dazzle camouflage. Looking through a scope, its harder to tell what direction its heading, what speed, what class ship etc.

Glico Man wrote: »
    Was pretty standard for WW1 ships to use dazzle camouflage. Looking through a scope, its harder to tell what direction its heading, what speed, what class ship etc.

Wasn't aware, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Blazer wrote: »
    you can be guaranteed the next version will be WW2 or Vietnam..

I really hope vietnam. I've been waiting for a good Vietnam based shooter since forever... or at least since Platoon on the C64

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Keep an eye on your emails. Alpha invites going out right now!

Uriel. wrote: »
    I really hope vietnam. I've been waiting for a good Vietnam based shooter since forever... or at least since Platoon on the C64

The original Battlefield Vietnam had amazing set ups even in terms of maps and overall balance, it was just unfortunate that the best jungle styled maps they could put out were ones with a bunch of palm trees with a few tufts of high grass and the occasional rock.

With the Frostbite Engine and maps like Operation Outbreak, they (DICE) should be much more capable of producing a true jungle styled map which I would love to see be implemented into another Vietnam styled game although I think after hitting it with Battlefield Bad Company 2 they might not want to strive near it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Got mine!

• Advertisement

Skittle wrote:
    Got mine!

Lucky! What platform, pc?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,148 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The internal codename for BF1 is Tunguska if anyone's curious. Don't see the connection myself.

Edit: here's how it looks in the filename "tunguskapcdemo__ww_closed_alpha_digital_retailconcept_68__403930_battlefield1_pc_ww_ca_digital62c2e360cd6c4ddb86f085b10a7ed608.zip"

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Lucky! What platform, pc?

PC.

Skittle wrote:
    PC.

Yeah I realised afterwards it's PC only. So many little kids streaming it getting ready for the ban hammer lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Not lucky enough here :( When is the beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Got my key yesterday, looks like its open to play now!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

Anyone hear anything about codes being given out for PS4 yet??

Anyone hear anything about codes being given out for PS4 yet??

No date for Open Beta yet. Rumours going around for July 11th but not sure if any truth to that.

I think July 28th would be the perfect day to start it, the day WW1 began 102 years ago.

The Closed Alpha keys that were sent out yesterday, some were wrongly labelled as PS4 but they were all PC keys really.

Loving the amount of Irish servers they have.

ieqtlKj.png

• Advertisement

Loving the amount of Irish servers they have.

AWS or Azure instances in Ireland I presume.

Advertisement