Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Joeface wrote: »
    Some else messaged me this earlier ...and now I am afraid of the pattern he has spotted

bf1942 - 2gb
    bf2 - 4gb
    bfbc2 - 9gb
    bf3 - 20gb
    bf4 - 45gb
    BF1 = 90GB ??????????????????

BF4 was first "Next Gen" size game. I would expect BF1 to be about the same size tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Some else messaged me this earlier ...and now I am afraid of the pattern he has spotted

bf1942 - 2gb
    bf2 - 4gb
    bfbc2 - 9gb
    bf3 - 20gb
    bf4 - 45gb
    BF1 = 90GB ??????????????????

I was almost sure with all DLC and patches that BF4 hit the 70GB range.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

what size was battlefront. Wouldnt that be an accurate measuring stick?

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    what size was battlefront. Wouldnt that be an accurate measuring stick?

On initial release.
    PC - 27GB
    PS4 -24GB
    Xbox - 19GB

Although I'm hoping there's more content in Battlefield on release.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Well you have to add a single player campaign which I'd estimate would be the lions share of the memory so my guess is the full game could well be around 60-70gb in file size.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I was almost sure with all DLC and patches that BF4 hit the 70GB range.

Yeah just short of 70GB with all the DLC and patches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

dont think it looks great to me. COD had world at war and it was ok

Id have preferred 'nam

The confirmed Melee weapons:
    • Spiked mace
    • Trench spade
    • Bolo knife: available in the Harlem Hellfighter pre-order pack in the Deluxe Edition
    • Jambiya dagger: available in the Lawrence of Arabia pack in the Deluxe Edition
    • Scimitar
    • Bayonet

The confirmed Firearms:
    • Trench shotgun: available in the Harlem Hellfighter pre-order pack
    • Colt M1911 semi-automatic pistol: available in the Harlem Hellfighter pre-order pack
    • Lee Enfield SMLE bolt-action rifle: a different skin is available in the Lawrence of Arabia pack
    • P08 Luger pistol: available in the Red Baron Deluxe Edition
    • Mauser C96 semi-automatic pistol
    • MG08 machine gun: mounted and load-out weapon will be available
    • Mauser 1918 T-Gewehr anti-tank rifle
    • Mauser Gewehr 98 bolt-action rifle with side-mounted scope
    • Springfield M1903 bolt-action rifle with side mounted scope
    • MP 18 SMG
    • Lewis Gun LMG
    • Lifebuoy M1 flamethrower

The confirmed Gadgets and Explosives:
    • Anti-tank grenade
    • Smoke grenade
    • Mustard gas grenade
    • Gas mask
    • Dynamite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Pretty sure the weapons that come with the Harlem hellfighter and Lawrence of Arabia pre order bonus stuff are skins and the weapons without the skins will be available with the standard edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Pretty sure the weapons that come with the Harlem hellfighter and Lawrence of Arabia pre order bonus stuff are skins and the weapons without the skins will be available with the standard edition.

One of them says it's a skin but most aren't.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

So excited about this - initially I was somewhat disappointed that it wasn't set in WW2 but the more I think about this the more I think this is going to be excellent. How often does WW1 gets the AAA treatment on this scale? I can't wait to see how it captures the feel of the clash of old world tactics with the introduction of very primitive mechanical warfare.

Imagine the terror of tanks lumbering ever so-slowly towards you with nothing but grenades and bolt actions rifles in its path....

• Registered Users Posts: 53,977 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I cant wait either.

Im so excited to be playing a WW1 game. I wouldnt be the biggest BF player but im convinced BF1 will win me over

Im not a fan of modern or futuristic mp shooters so im dighted with the WW1 setting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

I really like battlefield. because I was playing arma I missed the earlier ones. Only started with bad company 2. Had 3 and now 4.

I'd be really looking forward to this if not for the last two games to come from dice. both battlefield hardline and even worse battlefront were for me poor. So now my excitement for a new battlefield has been tainted. Just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

I really like battlefield. because I was playing arma I missed the earlier ones. Only started with bad company 2. Had 3 and now 4.

I'd be really looking forward to this if not for the last two games to come from dice. both battlefield hardline and even worse battlefront were for me poor. So now my excitement for a new battlefield has been tainted. Just have to wait and see.

Well DICE LA and not DICE SWEDEN made Hardlines and battlefront was not battlefield, which was hard for a studio that did nothing but battlefield for years, and it was always gonna be limited by it's story and EA on their backs to satisfy one of their biggest customers..Disney. Bad company 2 was a good time to get into battlefield, was a great addition to the franchise, lets just hope the new one lives up to it, there will be a beta so be sure to try that before you pre-order or otherwise.

SharpCoder wrote: »
    there will be a beta so be sure to try that before you pre-order or otherwise.

And we all remember the betas from EA /.DICE previously.

Like you I'm looking forward to BF1 but last 3 DICE games have left a sour taste in my mouth ESPECIALLY BF4.

So I'm on the hype train but only so I can say I told you all so when the launch goes south :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

there will be a beta so be sure to try that before you pre-order or otherwise.

Like you I'm looking forward to BF1 but last 3 DICE games have left a sour taste in my mouth ESPECIALLY BF4.

So I'm on the hype train but only so I can say I told you all so when the launch goes south :)

I think they'll have a fairly good launch with BF1. 4 was such a mess and they really cannot afford that again. I never played 3 sadly but I've heard it was a mess of a launch too.
    That said, hardline was a pretty good launch and Battlefront was very smooth. I think (HOPE) they've learned and do a proper beta to make sure the game is in good condition before launching.
    I expect weapon balance issues. There's always weapon balance issues and I can live with that as they usually get patched fairly quick.
    But as long as it's got it where it counts with the so called netcode, hit reg and tick rate, it should be a good launch.
    I'm hyped as fook for it. Initially I didn't want WW1. I like many others thought trench warfare and ****ty weapons are not going to make for a good game. But the more I read, the more I like.
    Really look forward to the beta. I expect they'll announce something about it at EA Play. I hope they do a few different waves where they shut down for a while. Take the feedback. Patch the $hit out of it. Release beta 2 and do the same.
    Now... gimmie my damn flamethrower.

Noxin wrote: »
    I expect weapon balance issues. There's always weapon balance issues and I can live with that as they usually get patched fairly quick.

But as long as it's got it where it counts with the so called netcode, hit reg and tick rate, it should be a good launch.

100% agree. However, (this is more of a console problem) they REALLY, REALLY need to add in some kind of auto kick or ping lock feature for out of region players (even if just for rented servers).

Regardless of whether you sit on the side of they have the advantage / you have the advantage , they DO ruin the stability of the game.

Their release stream made a big massive hoo hah about listening to the community. This has been one that has been banged on about for years (for consoles anyways) and would be nice to see them address it for once.

Unfortunately, given that Battlefront had "skill based" match making which meant you were against players out of region I won't hold out much hope :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I simply wil not buy until I hear solid confirmation that the netcode is where it needs to be.

Well the BF4 beta was pretty ragged but it was still battlefield, why i still got it, but more so because i took the upgrade option from ps3 to ps4 where you just had to pay a tenner to upgrade.

The beta of Battlefront was enough for me to completely go off that game and not buy it.

lets hope that's not the case here, but yes i'm definately not getting it day 1 regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Well the BF4 beta was pretty ragged but it was still battlefield, why i still got it, but more so because i took the upgrade option from ps3 to ps4 where you just had to pay a tenner to upgrade.

The beta of Battlefront was enough for me to completely go off that game and not buy it.

lets hope that's not the case here, but yes i'm definately not getting it day 1 regardless.

The Battlefront Beta, if you take out the Star Wars aspect for a second, was pretty good. Netcode and hit detection were on point, no connection/glitch issues and the engine felt smooth. Granted they didn't add anything to it once it launched but at Beta i thought it had potential.

I love the earlier setting of FPS's, and a WWII FPS got me hooked in the first place. The initial trailer, and comments from DICE, seem to show that they have listened. But we'll most likely see on launch as i think the Beta will be more of a showcase rather than a proper Beta. I am genuinely looking forward to this but there is this slight niggle with how BF4 launched, where i don't want to get overly optimistic! With more info from DICE as the year goes on, that will decide whether i get this day 1. As of right now its too early for me to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Battlefront beta was class in my opinion and made me buy the game on launch. The game itself was a disaster though. Far too light on content with only 4 maps which were redesigned for different game modes.

That many maps on launch and the rest as dlc is like releasing only half, or a 3rd even, of the game and charging for the rest of it after you've already paid the full price.

I do believe Battlefront was EA's money grabbing stingiest moment in their history.

I'm well hyped for Battlefield 1 but I'm also used to getting let down by Dice/EA so if they do the same with BF1 which they did with Battlefront I'll not be surprised.

All this buying premium for all the dlc is just a disaster. I'd much prefer it to be tied in with the EA access sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

i have a massive wait and see attitude to this,

had a case of this after the trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er9-YmqshTY

Now I will be waiting till well after release ,no pre-order's here . Will wait for boards Reviews of the games
    Also so want to see what the Day 1 and Day 4 patches are going to be like.

i have a massive wait and see attitude to this,

had a case of this after the trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er9-YmqshTY

Now I will be waiting till well after release ,no pre-order's here . Will wait for boards Reviews of the games
    Also so want to see what the Day 1 and Day 4 patches are going to be like.

Day 1 and Day 4 patch lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,977 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

When is the beta out guys?

Headshot wrote: »

No word yet. Sometime over the summer. Probably find out at the EA Play conference 12-14th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Headshot wrote: »
    Signing up at https://www.battlefield.com/community/insider will register you for the beta and let you know when it'll be out.
    Apparently it'll also get you some phat l00t from it but I'll believe that when I see it..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Signing up at https://www.battlefield.com/community/insider will register you for the beta and let you know when it'll be out.
    Apparently it'll also get you some phat l00t from it but I'll believe that when I see it..

Always gets something for being Betas or owning previous titles.

When clicking for beta you have to allow them to email you. If you didnt your not getting the Beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Pretty sure you got something if you did before, I think they may have been a gun in some of them but all had exclusive dog tags and such.

• Advertisement

they've been recognizing past battlefield users since battlefield 2

you can usually see these in your start menu and as noted above, dog tags and battlelog details.

you can also see these in options menu, bottom left.

AVlwm9m.jpg

Advertisement