Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

In game screenshot of a soldier https://i.imgur.com/JjY5qQu.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Watching the stream now waiting for it to start. There's 2 commentators talking shíte on now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

pre-show. Same annoying douche that did the trailer release. I muted it and went back to what I was doing before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

This says the bf1 show starts at 10pm BST. https://www.battlefield.com/en-gb/squads

Hal1 wrote: »
    This says the bf1 show starts at 10pm BST. https://www.battlefield.com/en-gb/squads

EA Play is meant to go live any minute but the live stream BF1 match is meant to be at 10

• Advertisement

ye, expect a new trailer, maybe some in game play and then the squads match a bit later.

OT -

TF2 acually looks quite nice. Ninja mechs made me giggle. Depends how well it plays though. It was seriously lacking on the first - even though it was a good game, there just wasn't enough.

Noxin wrote: »
    OT -

TF2 acually looks quite nice. Ninja mechs made me giggle. Depends how well it plays though. It was seriously lacking on the first - even though it was a good game, there just wasn't enough.

Join the E3 chat here :) : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057598706&page=6

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Didn't realise there was one. Ta. :)

• Advertisement

Those in game shots look amazing. Seriously looks savage.

Looks amazing <3

They are Irish accents at the start in the tank aren't they?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    They are Irish accents at the start in the tank aren't they?

Yup did sound it. Boston boys.

In the mean time - go team Neebs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It looks absolutely stunning...

Wow, very impressed...

Dem graphics. To be honest, I didn't expect anything else. But daaamn. That is sexy.

Airship fully controllable around the map but obviously comes with serious turning restraints and slowness. All in all, I love. I LOVE!

trying not to triple post. The air-warfare looks very fun too

wow - the airship going down looks amazing.

The celebs beat the gamers.. wtf... :D:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

This looks good. Very clean looking UI, the kill cam seems tolerable. Weapons seem varied and interesting and the destruction looks like BC2.

Colour me optimistic.

Sniping seems quite different.

Everyone is leading their shot and afaik they said the bullet velocity was gonna be alot quicker. Prob don't need to lead it so much but what we're all used to is hard to ignore.

Also TTK seems much quicker up close.. I like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Lets be honest about the big change to battlefield that was shown

it actually animates people getting into vehicles now

*mind blown*

WHEN'S THE BETA!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!oneonegimmie gimme gimmmeeeeeee

AMIENS

A destructive clash in a majestic city. Fight on the streets and squares in French city of Amiens during the German spring offensive. A struggle in crumbling alleys, a courthouse, around bridges and railways where the British and the Germans desperately seek to control the depths of the city.

large.img.jpg

THE ST. QUENTIN SCAR

A massive attack on the scarred battlefields of northern France. As part of the Kaiser's battle, the German army throws everything they have to try to break through the British lines. Prepare for truly cataclysmic assaults as you push through the trenches of the St. Quentin Scar. Be the first soldier to break through the fortified lines and assault the pristine village of Travecy, untouched by the war… until now.

large.img.png

MONTE GRAPPA

Take part in one of the final battles among the peaks of kings in the Venetian Alps. High up above the clouds a desperate fight for control of mountain forts are challenging even the toughest soldiers. Utilize the massive fort cannons to stop the advancing enemies as they scale the mountainside. Up here, in this furious struggle, the Austro Hungarian Empire holds the upper hand, but the Italian Army won't stop until they've taken back what's theirs

large.img.jpg

EMPIRE’S EDGE

Along the Adriatic coast a fierce struggle for land and life is taking place. A rugged but fortified shore becomes the battlefield for an empire under siege. What was once a beautiful Mediterranean village by the coast is now transformed by mechanized war, where waves and dreadnought battleships pound the remains of Italy’s Great War.

large.img.jpg

Woop woop.

Well all in all, I loved it. I think it looked really good in MP. Nice crisp clean UI. GFX were savage. Gameplay looked great. Airplay looked good. TTK lowered a bit.

Obviously only one map shown but I really look forward to testing it out. I already know I'm gonna pre-purchase it but I'll still hold off a while yet.

Really do look forward to some betas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Well that was fúckin spectacular... I can't wait to see proper squad play without those celebrities.

also is it just me or do I see Wake Island as the background image here?

https://www.battlefield.com/news/road-to-battlefield

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

Yeah thats definitely Wake. That little village before the bridge is engrained in my memory at this stage, the first place you usually land from the carrier.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

Ah no not again! :pac:

• Advertisement

1 of the new game modes, hopefully it remains popular:

OPERATIONS

Operations is a completely new way to experience Battlefield multiplayer, giving you the opportunity to fight on an entire front of the Great War. In a sequence of inter-connected battles, a team of attackers attempts to conquer ground and push the frontline forward, as the defenders are trying to push them back. Should the defenders fail to hold their ground on a map, the Operation doesn’t stop here: they will fall back and regroup on a different map, while the attackers will push the assault. Sectors may fall, but players reinforced by gigantic Behemoths can still turn the tide.

Advertisement