Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Feck me the game looks awesome! Absolutely delighted with the WW1 setting. The best thing about this will hopefully be the lack of "easy mode" lock on weapons. Players will actually require skill to take down air vehicles!! Also no stupid gadgets that launch rockets or remote control bombs. Just shovels to batter each other with! Excellent!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Hopefully commander mode is gone because nothing worse when it becomes a one sided mess because only 1 team has one.

I assume PETA are going to throw a wobbler as we move from jeep stuff to horse stuff (I hope :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

I just hope to christ they do not have anything other than the visuals from battlefront... None of that power up pick ups vehicles pick ups.

Battlefront apart from its looks was a souless bottomfeeder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

It'll be interesting to see how the Tank and vehicle classes work. I'll miss running up to a tank with a blow torch and robbing his tank as they jump out.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭limitedIQ

wow you are all going to be very disappointed. does no one else think they are just going to re-skin BattleFront !!!

Trailer looks amazing but its just a cutscenes not game play.

WW1 suits a re-skin of battlefront because weapons\vehicles probably have little or no customization.

i hoped for a BF 2142 era, like a mix of titanfall and Battlefield.

oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

limitedIQ wrote: »
    wow you are all going to be very disappointed. does no one else think they are just going to re-skin BattleFront !!!

Trailer looks amazing but its just a cutscenes not game play.

WW1 suits a re-skin of battlefront because weapons\vehicles probably have little or no customization.

i hoped for a BF 2142 era, like a mix of titanfall and Battlefield.

oh well.

Worst case scenario it's a BF Heroes skin of Battlefront, but I would doubt they're that stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

To me it didn't show much, in-engine trailers for 1 min can always be made to look great, but we all know that changes with actual gameplay, I'm positive it will look as good as battlefront on the graphics end, but i'm worried about the restrictions of world war I and been stuck to bi-planes and no choppers etc.

If the game is playable at the moment, i don't know why they decided to use no gameplay in the trailer at all, and i can't help but feel all these youtubers that be at these events just say good things to keep in the good graces of these companies.

I'll hold my judgement till i see gameplay and how all these innovative promises meld together and hope it doesn't sacrifice the gameplay we've known and loved to be different. We seen how great battlefront looked but just didn't have that longevity or single player. I think the single player will be ridiculously short as usually and focus on looking good then been good.

Until we see more!

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    jackfrags has a video up and he's gushing

but the big take away I grabbed 2 minutes in (and I paused to post this) vehicles will now be classes of their own and no longer hop in and hop out.

You know I don't really mind that.

One thing I was hoping for at the least was an enter/exit animation.
    Its a bit stupid that someone can just auto disappear in or out if a tank, should really have to get in properly.

I was never one for jumping out of a tank that was finished either(C4 attached would be the obvious time), unless it was completely obvious I had no choice and I could impact further by jumping out.

I would normally just try to take down as much of their armour in the hope Id help aid a team mate.

People jumping out also gives the enemy the chance to steal the vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

and now levelcap has his exhaustive breakdown up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7fkViCihRA

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

looking at the deluxe edition, comes with red baron and t.e lawrence stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

watched the trailer ..............Holy s*** its well edited , I almost pre ordered it .

€75 euro , plus GPU upgrade for me . It almost tempted me out of retirement :D. but alas no .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Ah here, for christ sake...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

Gonna change my online name to General Melchett.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Anyone wondering if there will be enough diversity in world war 1 or just what potential battles the game may be drawing from should check out this youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUcyEsEjhPEDf69RRVhRh4A

It covers the events of World War 1 week by week, battle by battle.

I just hope to christ they do not have anything other than the visuals from battlefront... None of that power up pick ups vehicles pick ups.

Battlefront apart from its looks was a souless bottomfeeder.

Armor guy and flame thrower guy make me worried re: pickups/heroes. Please don't, EA, please!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Well there's no MAA so there's a first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,071 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hal1 wrote: »

Yeah, about that:

1bf2c424ce48.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

If you look at the wiki page there is a large diverse amount of wepons to use and it will lead to fun encounters where both players miss and have to mash each other with spades instead !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,071 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It seems a recurring reaction that people are surprised to learn that WW1 had more than bolt action rifles in trenches in France, and nothing else going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Spear wrote: »
    It seems a recurring reaction that people are surprised to learn that WW1 had more than bolt action rifles in trenches in France, and nothing else going on.

I'm guessing they never read Charlie's War

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    I'm guessing they never read Charlie's War

And I did, back in the original Battle, and got the collected books too.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

VvGy7hO.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Looks interesting - Hopefully cdkeys come up trumps again and have a decent main game + premium bundle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Hal1 wrote: »

I'm hoping there is or I'll be lost :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Armor guy and flame thrower guy make me worried re: pickups/heroes. Please don't, EA, please!

Gotta remember this game was in production while battlefront was full swing. they clearly thought what they were doing in battlefront at the time with pick ups and hero power ups was a "good" idea.

Could have been too far gone in battlefield 1 production to uturn even after realising battlefront was getting slammed.

I don't ever pre order anyway. Personally not buying into this till I know. 1 it has not got the **** battlefront esc thing going on under the hood. And 2 its not a mess like bf4 was at launch.

I can't wait to see peoples reactions to how different the European landscape was in terms of territories.

"Who the hell are Prussia".

It's really a story that's airbrushed out of history, I sat LC history in 04 and it was about 3 pages of the curriculum. Its an event that people had to learn themselves bar knowing about trench warfare in France/Belgium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I just preordered it here for €39.10 on pc . That's hella cheaper than Origin ,
    http://www.g2play.net/product/136191/battlefield-5-pre-order-origin-cd-key-1434367669-14/

If you are ordering it , make sure you pay the extra € for insurance and peace of mind.

I know from experience that the price will start creeping up as it becomes more popular on these key sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

There hasnt been a bad Battlefield game yet* from Dice so I am fairly sure this will be as awesome as all the others.

* I actually had no issues with BF4 from launch onwards, I only play on maybe 5 servers and they are well run and the bugs well they were bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Not sure if anyone has posted this, pretty funny :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fohNO3_1rU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

I can't wait to see peoples reactions to how different the European landscape was in terms of territories.

"Who the hell are Prussia".

It's really a story that's airbrushed out of history, I sat LC history in 04 and it was about 3 pages of the curriculum. Its an event that people had to learn themselves bar knowing about trench warfare in France/Belgium.

im a bit of a military history nerd so im loving it :D

Advertisement