Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

looking foward to this as someone who grew up playing WW2 era shooters I'm delighted Battlefield are going back in time can't stand any of that futuristic sh*t call of duty have been dishing out

Personally I would have probably prefered a WW2 setting as I'd have a keen interest in it but beggars cant be choosers at this stage I suppose WW1 will do the finest!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭tigger123

I wonder how much of it will involve hand to hand combat, and how effective it will be. The mace, the shovel, swords, horseback...

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Well using battlefield 1 for world war 1 makes sense, they can then do world war 2 for battlefield 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

SharpCoder wrote:
    Well using battlefield 1 for world war 1 makes sense, they can then do world war 2 for battlefield 2

I don't know if you're joking or not...

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I don't know if you're joking or not...

i'm totally serious... /s

• Advertisement

SharpCoder wrote: »
    i'm totally serious... /s

Maybe he meant that because there's already been a Battlefield 2.

It wasn't out on PS3, so only early Xbox or PC gamers have played it.

BC is the starting point for the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Maybe they will follow this with a reskin HD version of 1942 ....if they left the game play the same with destruction added in and the original map sizes. And include the road to Rome add on........ok now I am just rambling I forgot it was EA masquerading as Dice.

Maybe he meant that because there's already been a Battlefield 2.

It wasn't out on PS3, so only early Xbox or PC gamers have played it.

BC is the starting point for the rest of us.

i was been sarcastic lol

I been a battlefield player for many years, From battlefield 1942 on pc to battlefield modern combat on PS2, epic game! lost many an hour on this beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,101 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

dreamers75 wrote: »

To underscore this for anyone who's new to the Battlefield series, or a refugee/convert from Infinite Warfare, it's EA's practice to prioritise beta invites for those who sign up their newsletter.

• Advertisement

plus the link is..

http://www.battlefield.com/en-gb/community/insider

...without all the trailing gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Wow such a mix of old fogies and young whipper snappers playing battlefield, some of you sound like you fought in WW1 :pac:

I for 1 started on battlefield 2 but it was 2142 that got me hooked and yes that is future done properly and the next one better be the follow up to it. The problem isn't that future setting is crap its that COD can't do it well they can barely do modern ok ffs.

I will try the beta see how it is, I skipped the abomination of an expansion pack hardline so haven't been doing much on the battlefield front lately.

If this is good craic like 2/3/4/2142 then im in.

Im just a bit reserved about it until I see some/more gameplay and get to try it myself, I dunno why, ill give it a good shot either way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Last two days I've seen a seriously high amount of players under lvl 50 sniping on hills and running with a sniper in close quarters.

Not saying its the CoD player base (well actually I am) but I'm hoping they don't pick it up en masse because their lack of understanding what an objective or team play is , is just horrible to see especially when your on same side as them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Last two days I've seen a seriously high amount of players under lvl 50 sniping on hills and running with a sniper in close quarters.

Not saying its the CoD player base (well actually I am) but I'm hoping they don't pick it up en masse because their lack of understanding what an objective or team play is , is just horrible to see especially when your on same side as them

If they pick it up en masse they'll eventually learn what an objective is and become better people for it. Eventually. Hopefully.

If they pick it up en masse they'll eventually learn what an objective is and become better people for it. Eventually. Hopefully.

I dunno if its possible to deprogram so much lone wolfing en masse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I dunno if its possible to deprogram so much lone wolfing en masse.

It is, I was one of those lone wolf campers. Now I don't really care about my k/d ratio. Its all about getting those objectives

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

must say I've seen a good few of these type of players when I was on yesterday aswell I really hope we don't get the 14 year old COD sniper lads coming over to Battlefield en masse they may buy infinite warfare and enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I don't mind those lads.
    Trollin dem snipers is always good fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I only snipe on certain levels where I usually do crap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

These are also the same people with 0 situational awareness. Managed to stab 3 of them in a row without a single one turning around. All of them running Sniper Rifles with 20X scopes and bipods while all being less than level 30.

If these are the same people making the transition from BF4 > BF1 then Trench Warfare will be a very real thing.

Server brwoser confirmed for Battlefield 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

XtraFalcon wrote: »

These are also the same people with 0 situational awareness. Managed to stab 3 of them in a row without a single one turning around. All of them running Sniper Rifles with 20X scopes and bipods while all being less than level 30.

If these are the same people making the transition from BF4 > BF1 then Trench Warfare will be a very real thing.

Server brwoser confirmed for Battlefield 1

Never ever stab them. That's far too easy and not near humiliating enough.
    Repair tool, Slam&flare (if that still works), Wallybot, Claymore or Defib.
    Or if you can get hold of a commander, call in a crate on them. :)

I only snipe on certain levels where I usually do crap :D

Ah but every team always has one or two useless snipers that's the norm sure.

I was talking about what can only be described as sniper conferences up on a hill with 5 or 6 of em side by side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

What game are you talking about ?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    What game are you talking about ?

BF4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I was talking about what can only be described as sniper conferences up on a hill with 5 or 6 of em side by side.

3 Guys on Zavod sniping all in a row, took the first guy out missed the 2nd thought I better run before they get me......nope they didnt budge, was like fish in a barrel :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

been in and out myself a few times since the BF1 reveal trailer, theres definitely a load of new people checking it out, I must have seen 3 or four choppers take off, turn in a direction, then promptly crash, all in the space of a game or two.

you jumping back in to BF4 a bit? I miss seeing the AA harassing everyone on langcang dam. :pac:

you jumping back in to BF4 a bit? I miss seeing the AA harassing everyone on langcang dam. :pac:

Ah yeah but those moments are always hilarious when the noob learns to try and fly a chopper (unless your in said chopper and don't bail quick enough :( ) I already have been back playing along with all the other hassle merchants in the last few days, haven't played it in nearly a year and noticed a few of my #1 rankings were finally taken off me.

I'll be having them back fair quick though :P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

BF4

I was confused, people were talking about upcoming BF1 (5) and it suddenly got railed into a BF4 discussion.

Anyone any ideas on what the vehicles or modes of transport used in WW1 that might possibly make it into the game were/are ?
    Troop carriers, water based, aerial etc ?
    Also what were the mounted or mobile artillery of the day ?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Anyone any ideas on what the vehicles or modes of transport used in WW1 that might possibly make it into the game were/are ?
    Troop carriers, water based, aerial etc ?
    Also what were the mounted or mobile artillery of the day ?

Bi-planes, tanks that act more like AMTRACs than anything and normal armoured cars. I'd assume there will be artillery mounted onto the back of a vehicle in a similar fashion of the armoured cars.

300px-A7v-wotan-diorama.jpg300px-B%C3%BCssing_A5p.jpg220px-3inch20cwtAAgunPeerlessLorryWWI.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Some else messaged me this earlier ...and now I am afraid of the pattern he has spotted

bf1942 - 2gb
    bf2 - 4gb
    bfbc2 - 9gb
    bf3 - 20gb
    bf4 - 45gb
    BF1 = 90GB ??????????????????

Advertisement