Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bdgp

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

Anyone know when they are going to open this up for self selection of the heifers for genomic tagging, would be handy to have the tags before the cattle are put to grass if a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭tanko

Anto_Meath wrote: »
    Anyone know when they are going to open this up for self selection of the heifers for genomic tagging, would be handy to have the tags before the cattle are put to grass if a few weeks.

I checked on ICBF now and the genomic tag self selection is open, i'm not sure how long it has been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭Sami23

tanko wrote: »
    I checked on ICBF now and the genomic tag self selection is open, i'm not sure how long it has been there.

Open for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

Thanks Tanko, checked there now and its was open for me too, made a few adjustments, I bought a Sim (out of a FR) in-calf heifer last week and just wanted to add her to the list. I would be expecting her to be 5 star, but there is no bull registered to her but she is a nice animal and bagging up well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

Thanks.. does this mean that herd is included in 2021 extension to scheme

• Advertisement

Bellview wrote: »
    Thanks.. does this mean that herd is included in 2021 extension to scheme

I'd imagine it does.
    Better check with ICBF or dept to be certain.

I'd imagine it does.
    Better check with ICBF or dept to be certain.

Will do.. dropped them an email... and guess what no response in 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭annubis

lads anyone still waiting to be paid for BDGP 2020? still no payment here, no reason being given what the hold up is, was told i would be in recent payment run but alas no

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭endainoz

annubis wrote: »
    lads anyone still waiting to be paid for BDGP 2020? still no payment here, no reason being given what the hold up is, was told i would be in recent payment run but alas no

Yeah I'm in the same boat, rang them about it early January and said it will be on the way but have heard nothing since. Might call them tomorrow and see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Welding Rod

I got a letter today saying my application for the 2020 BDGP is successful, and I’m in the scheme. So I guess everybody who applied will get a letter shortly enough.
    It was last minute when I decided to give it one more spin, so I must have been one of the last applicants.

Trouble is now I’m pretty sure I will be short one calf for genotyping to hit my quota, unless I can use one from a couple I have due to calf mid September. Does anybody know if a Sept 2020 calf would do the job for me?

• Advertisement

I thought that you could only defer picking your animals for genotyping until late April at the latest and had to have the animals in your herd by then.
    I'm not certain about this tho.

Do you mean Sept 2021?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Welding Rod

I thought that you could only defer picking your animals for genotyping until late April at the latest and had to have the animals in your herd by then.
    I'm not certain about this tho.

Do you mean Sept 2021?

Yes. I mean sept 2021. I was tight last year also, and used a July calf. Got away with that ok. I was trying to find a link to the terms and conditions for this new scheme but couldn’t see anything on agfood today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 srhm

Yes. I mean sept 2021. I was tight last year also, and used a July calf. Got away with that ok. I was trying to find a link to the terms and conditions for this new scheme but couldn’t see anything on agfood today.

I'm in the same situation, I am one animal short too. I asked ICBF if I could wait for some of the cows to calve and select a calf for genotyping. They told me that this calf would not qualify. Not much I can do, I sold a few extra weanlings in autumn that I would be OK for the Beam scheme. So caught no matter what ya do.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

Has anyone got tags for genotyping yet? Would prefer to get them tagged while everything is still in the shed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

rushvalley wrote: »
    Has anyone got tags for genotyping yet? Would prefer to get them tagged while everything is still in the shed

Still waiting too. Hoping for the same also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭High bike

Still waiting too. Hoping for the same also.
    same here was hoping they might come this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭Jb1989

I got a letter today saying my application for the 2020 BDGP is successful, and I’m in the scheme. So I guess everybody who applied will get a letter shortly enough.
    It was last minute when I decided to give it one more spin, so I must have been one of the last applicants.

Trouble is now I’m pretty sure I will be short one calf for genotyping to hit my quota, unless I can use one from a couple I have due to calf mid September. Does anybody know if a Sept 2020 calf would do the job for me?

Once they over 16 or 18 months and have the stars on the 31st of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Got my tags last Friday

Got my tags last Friday
    what tag company do u use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Tags landed here today, from Cormac tags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Tags landed here today, from Cormac tags.

Got mine today too from Cormac

Dunedin wrote: »
    Got mine today too from Cormac
    Might give Mullinahone a ring tomorrow

High bike wrote: »
    what tag company do u use?

Sorry for late reply , cormac tags I use

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Tags arrived today from mullinahone

Dozer1 wrote: »
    Tags arrived today from mullinahone
    Same here roday

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭annubis

endainoz wrote: »
    Yeah I'm in the same boat, rang them about it early January and said it will be on the way but have heard nothing since. Might call them tomorrow and see what the story is.
    any joy, mine finally showing up online in amounts due section

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭endainoz

annubis wrote: »
    any joy, mine finally showing up online in amounts due section

Yeah just checked it there and it's finally showing up on my amounts due aswell. At least it'll pay for the new chain harrow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Just phoned Mullinahone there- the tags should be posted to me next week. So hopefully the end of the week or early the following week I presume.

A maiden heifer or incalf heifer if you have one not genotyped will also help.

• Advertisement

Bellview wrote: »
    A maiden heifer or incalf heifer if you have one not genotyped will also help.

I think 16 months old they had to be to qualify , I could be wrong in that ,

Advertisement