Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bdgp

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

Grueller wrote: »
    Nothing for me yet. Not worried though it will come.

What format will the rollover take? Will we need to hit 50% females at 4 or 5 stars for October 31st 2022?

Yeah I’m interested too in seeing what they set out for the coming year. Should know in a few days. Looks like letters are being sent out tomorrow.

No word on the BEEP scheme. Hopefully some form of that will roll over too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭tanko

Grueller wrote: »
    Nothing for me yet. Not worried though it will come.

What format will the rollover take? Will we need to hit 50% females at 4 or 5 stars for October 31st 2022?

It was already 50% for this year, i'd say it might be 60% next year and add 10% every year after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭emaherx

tanko wrote: »
    It was already 50% for this year, i'd say it might be 60% next year and add 10% every year after that.

I don't have 60% of my original ref number of cows but about 90% of the cows I have are 4 and 5 star, so hopefully there is some change to allow for reduced herds as I don't want to increase cow numbers again.

True, i'm only guessing. Hopefully we'll know soon.

But if farmers are forced to keep cows for another six years and lose all the payments if they get out before that i can't see many signing up for it.

But if farmers are forced to keep cows for another six years and lose all the payments if they get out before that i can't see many signing up for it.

I think there will be a change here, as they have been trying to encourage lower stocking rates anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭sonnybill

As much as I hate it as got Huge 60% penalty last year For using TVR, prob best muscle bull in the country but not eligible anymore ,but I’d sign up again as Young stock bull is eligible and plenty of stars in cows , prefer the beep though

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

Will it be open to new applications? Don't see anything on that

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Hurling Hereford

Doubt if it will be ....

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/farm-schemes-roll-over-for-2021-how-can-farmers-opt-in-for-extensions/

Dosen't look like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

sonnybill wrote: »
    As much as I hate it as got Huge 60% penalty last year For using TVR, prob best muscle bull in the country but not eligible anymore ,but I’d sign up again as Young stock bull is eligible and plenty of stars in cows , prefer the beep though

Ya had to put down zag or fiston for them, no point being honest

• Advertisement

Yeah had 5 out of 5 smashing TVR bull calves too from the 5 straws , it’s not like I let a scrub up on five of my cows

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Yeah had 5 out of 5 smashing TVR bull calves too from the 5 straws , it’s not like I let a scrub up on five of my cows
    And they’ll probably be your best sellers
    A bull like that should be 5 star terminal

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Johnchaff

Have many of ye got this year's money? nothing showing up on agfood for me yet nothing in amounts due either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

No need to tell them which AI bull, they already have the information.

Have a look on the ICBF website, under VIEW PROFILES, GENERAL, HERD FERTILITY. to know which AI bulls your cows were insimenated to.

Johnchaff wrote: »
    Have many of ye got this year's money? nothing showing up on agfood for me yet nothing in amounts due either.

I think a good few have seen nothing yet including me. I wouldn't panic just yet there will be a few runs.

I wasn't in the first run of the BEEPS either but it's in the bank now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

emaherx wrote: »
    I think a good few have seen nothing yet including me. I wouldn't panic just yet there will be a few runs.

I wasn't in the first run of the BEEPS either but it's in the bank now.

Those who need it most paid first.....

whelan2 wrote: »
    Those who need it most paid first.....

I didn't get it the last year until March................ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

Anyone ever have an inspection in relation to this scheme ?

yes,

They just checked that the calves were tagged with the white tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

yes,

They just checked that the calves were tagged with the white tags.

Thanks - I think I have most of the genotyped calves sold now.

Do they check the genotyped cows at all ?

• Advertisement

josephsoap wrote: »

Don't know, possibly if they were genotyped this year, but you'd the option of hair samples for difficult cows too. I assume they'd need to allow for an animal loosing a tag as well.

If calves are sold, then they can't check them. The inspector that came here had a list of numbers he wanted to check and they were all tags from that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Mine showing there today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Yeah that’s what they Che her with
    Me

depends what type of an agricultural officer 'visits' you. some want to see the stock bull along with the animals that you genotyped for this year. don't forget they will also be checking to make sure you have a copy of your carbon navigator update form for this year (2019 Carbon Navigator) on the farm.

Don't know, possibly if they were genotyped this year, but you'd the option of hair samples for difficult cows too. I assume they'd need to allow for an animal loosing a tag as well.

If calves are sold, then they can't check them. The inspector that came here had a list of numbers he wanted to check and they were all tags from that year.

if the animal lost its bdgp button tag the agricultural officer will look at the animal you genotyped to see if there is a notch in the ear where a piece of tissue was removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Johnchaff

Showing up here as well

Mine just up there now. Got 10% penalty again for replacement ai usage.. ??? I’ve a 5 star stock bull 😞. I Only ai’d two cows one night to spare bull as he was under pressure I gave them ice cream and he is five star

Mine just up there now. Got 10% penalty again for replacement ai usage.. ??? I’ve a 5 star stock bull ��. I Only ai’d two cows one night to spare bull as he was under pressure I gave them ice cream and he is five star

That's doesn't sound right, Ice cream is a five star terminal bull so should have been fine.
    I'd ring ICBF in the morning to find out what the penalty was for.

I see my payment is in amounts due today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Grueller

Mine is there now too. I have been deducted €250 for survey completion. I have never missed a survey. I can't understand that at all. I went straight onto ICBF and there was one calf there to have birth size and vigour put in. Everything else was complete.

Advertisement