Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bdgp

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

Got text this evening to say money is on the way so all..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭High bike

did ya have a bdgp inspection this year?
    No inspection and all surveys completed so just wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭endainoz

Got a letter today about extending the BGDP, have until January 15th to accept it. It's a no brainier really, and a decent incentive to keep more animals with higher stars.

On a side note, haven't read it yet but heard an add for the journal today and they were on about the new REPS being opened in the spring. Lads that have the option of extending GLAS for a year might hold off now so they can get into the newer scheme? It's all the same for me as I have another year or GLAS to go anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

endainoz wrote: »
    Got a letter today about extending the BGDP, have until January 15th to accept it. It's a no brainier really, and a decent incentive to keep more animals with higher stars.

On a side note, haven't read it yet but heard an add for the journal today and they were on about the new REPS being opened in the spring. Lads that have the option of extending GLAS for a year might hold off now so they can get into the newer scheme? It's all the same for me as I have another year or GLAS to go anyway.

Anyone currently in Glas cannot get into the pilot for REPS ran next year. You'll be able to transfer over in 2022. Anyone in Glas should extend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭emaherx

High bike wrote: »
    Nothing here either and I'm normally in the first run of payments

Still nothing showing for me either, so I rang and have been told mine is being sent for payment and should show soon.
    Grueller wrote: »
    The only danger I can see emaherx is that if you fall under the 60% genotypes in year 6, they might want to claw back penalties for the first five years also?
    I would query that first before signing up.

Looking at my herd profile, with old cows that I've sold in November I'll struggle for the 50% requirement on cows as well as the 60% genotyping. Think I'll need to leave it out this year comming as the loss of a cow could leave me owing money. I don't want to increase numbers at the moment as there is too much juggling the day job and family life too and this scheme has been preventing me cutting back any further.

Guess I'll need to keep an eye out to see what the new REPS looks like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

Emaherx- would you not just genotype your calves? I always do that here. All my cows/heifers would be done. I sell them then end of year if I don’t want to keep as replacements and it’s never an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

emaherx wrote: »

Looking at my herd profile, with old cows that I've sold in November I'll struggle for the 50% requirement on cows as well as the 60% genotyping. Think I'll need to leave it out this year comming as the loss of a cow could leave me owing money. I don't want to increase numbers at the moment as there is too much juggling the day job and family life too and this scheme has been preventing me cutting back any further.

Guess I'll need to keep an eye out to see what the new REPS looks like.

Would an option be to pick up a few dairy cross heifers and genotype these

Sugarbowl wrote: »
    Emaherx- would you not just genotype your calves? I always do that here. All my cows/heifers would be done. I sell them then end of year if I don’t want to keep as replacements and it’s never an issue.

At this stage every animal I have except one is genotyped and I'd only just have enough calves for 2021 assuming no losses.

Would an option be to pick up a few dairy cross heifers and genotype these

Its an option, but it involves increasing numbers and not the breeding I want to introduce to the herd and if they don't genotype at least 4 star then I'd still need to buy cows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Its an option, but it involves increasing numbers and not the breeding I want to introduce to the herd and if they don't genotype at least 4 star then I'd still need to buy cows.

I'm under the reference number of cows by half and faced no penalty. Just reduced payment. Buy your 60 percent heifers at the mart if and when u need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Don't have to breed them, kill them 1st november

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Hurling Hereford

Don't have to breed them, kill them 1st november

word to the wise. in the 'spirit of the scheme' farmers have to have a beef breed calf born on there holding every year of a BDGP 'year'.

the BDGP scheme year for 2021 will run from the 01/07/2020 to 30/06/2021.

word to the wise. in the 'spirit of the scheme' farmers have to have a beef breed calf born on there holding every year of a BDGP 'year'.

the BDGP scheme year for 2021 will run from the 01/07/2020 to 30/06/2021.

I believe they were only suggesting a solution for a potential small short fall in animals to genotype.

Finally showing in amounts due for me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭High bike

Its showing here now too

• Registered Users Posts: 29,237 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Finally showing in amounts due for me. :D

In fairness they did a great job with all payments this year after last year's fiasco

whelan2 wrote: »
    In fairness they did a great job with all payments this year after last year's fiasco

Its all in before Christmas, so I'm not complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Its all in before Christmas, so I'm not complaining.

Tho being awkward, for anyone on a tax year ending Dec 31st it doesn't leave much time to get rid of a big surplus, to avoid tax, when during the year we could be broke, ideally some would be nice in January.

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Tho being awkward, for anyone on a tax year ending Dec 31st it doesn't leave much time to get rid of a big surplus, to avoid tax, when during the year we could be broke, ideally some would be nice in January.

That's a very good point, but........

:D
    Big Surplus? I'm not sure I have to worry about such things :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Money in there as above. Signed up for another year. Will prob need one or two replacements. Bull was being kept for another year anyway.

• Advertisement

where's me BDGP 2 payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Jack C

Anyone get text message about extending scheme....
    Only 3 days to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭endainoz

Jack C wrote: »
    Only 3 days to reply.

If you extend it on agfood it says you have until mid January.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭amens

Jack C wrote: »
    Only 3 days to reply.

You'll get a letter about it as well with all the options.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭amens

I appealed my reference number initially and had it increased. I wonder will they come back with the lower number again for the extension as the terms and conditions list the same calculation method.

amens wrote: »
    I appealed my reference number initially and had it increased. I wonder will they come back with the lower number again for the extension as the terms and conditions list the same calculation method.

bdgp 1 applicants keep their current dam reference number from what I heard.

endainoz wrote: »
    If you extend it on agfood it says you have until mid January.

15th january 2021 to reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

15th january 2021 to reply

Last day for extending is tomorrow 15 Jan 2021

80% have signed up to-date according to IFJ

• Registered Users Posts: 9,231 ✭✭✭tanko

Last day for extending is tomorrow 15 Jan 2021

80% have signed up to-date according to IFJ

It's the 15th today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

80% of all participants or just those who responded? A week or so ago I saw that only 55% had responded but about 90% of those who did signed up for the extra year

Advertisement