Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bdgp

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

Grueller wrote: »
    Mine is there now too. I have been deducted €250 for survey completion. I have never missed a survey. I can't understand that at all. I went straight onto ICBF and there was one calf there to have birth size and vigour put in. Everything else was complete.

Did you sell calves before they were 5 months old by any chance? That was my problem. Got a survey deduction too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

It's a bit crap that they didn't let you know you were being penalised

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Grueller

Sugarbowl wrote: »
    Did you sell calves before they were 5 months old by any chance? That was my problem. Got a survey deduction too.

I did last May. I sold 11 cows with calves at foot. Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

Showing in amounts due here also!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,738 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭valtra2

Have just signed up there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭tanko

It looks as though the terms and conditions and payment rates are the same as this year, same reference number and 50% 4/5 star animals on October 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,738 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Can new entrants join up?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭tanko

Can new entrants join up?

According to what you posted above it's not open to new entrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭sonnybill

tanko wrote: »
    According to what you posted above it's not open to new entrants.

Jees, basing a scheme on what a man was farming 6 years ago is ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

Lads whats "survey complerion reductions". They took over a €1000 of me for that😡

Lads whats "survey complerion reductions". They took over a €1000 of me for that😡

Have you Autumn born calves? The 5 month surveys may not be completed on them?

Alternatively you may have sold calves under 5 months and not been able to complete surveys?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

sonnybill wrote: »
    Jees, basing a scheme on what a man was farming 6 years ago is ridiculous!

It's probably a case of roll it over or close it...... I know which I'd take.
    All these schemes got concessions because of Covid, delayed CAP, etc
    I'd hope people are allowed to withdraw from the scheme if it doesn't suit

• Registered Users Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

wrangler wrote: »
    It's probably a case of roll it over or close it...... I know which I'd take.
    All these schemes got concessions because of Covid, delayed CAP, etc
    I'd hope people are allowed to withdraw from the scheme if it doesn't suit

Why wouldn't you be allowed to leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Sami23

Anyone's payment still NOT showing on Agfood - nothing on mine yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

whelan2 wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you be allowed to leave?

That was just a remark as most schemes are for a set period, when Department extend it they should have the option to leave.
    I was amused at the'' ridiculous'' term when the Government were basically giving a concession.
    Farmers should be aware of the effort it takes to get a scheme passed in Europe, I can assure you the powers that be don't get up every morning to give farmers money yet we must be one of the most over subsidised industry

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭amens

Sami23 wrote: »

Nothing here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭emaherx

I'm still waiting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Sami23

amens wrote: »
    Nothing here yet.

Not so bad I'm not only one so - hopefully we see it before Santa comes:)

tanko wrote: »
    It looks as though the terms and conditions and payment rates are the same as this year, same reference number and 50% 4/5 star animals on October 31st.

I'd be OK with that, but you also need to genotype 60% of your reference number also.

I only have 60% of my reference number now and everything is already tagged, so there is no room for any losses with calves so I'm going to have to give it a miss, I won't be increasing cows for a one year extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

Have you Autumn born calves? The 5 month surveys may not be completed on them?

Alternatively you may have sold calves under 5 months and not been able to complete surveys?

Just called icbf....thats what happened. Sold calves before 5 months....fcuk

emaherx wrote: »
    I'd be OK with that, but you also need to genotype 60% of your reference number also.

I only have 60% of my reference number now and everything is already tagged, so there is no room for any losses with calves so I'm going to have to give it a miss, I won't be increasing cows for a one year extension.

Have a look at the terms and conditions. The reduction for not having enough to genotype is only a percentage of the payment. You may still get a nice touch out of this.

Have a look at the terms and conditions. The reduction for not having enough to genotype is only a percentage of the payment. You may still get a nice touch out of this.

True, I'll have a better look later alright.

emaherx wrote: »
    True, I'll have a better look later alright.

The only danger I can see emaherx is that if you fall under the 60% genotypes in year 6, they might want to claw back penalties for the first five years also?
    I would query that first before signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭High bike

Nothing here either and I'm normally in the first run of payments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

So if I were to sign up for another year,
    I held into two first calvers I didn’t put in calf as they were sections just to get over the line- I plan to sell in spring.

I’ll have to look for two replacements then? To bring me to 50% or 3 to 60%?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭High bike

So if I were to sign up for another year,
    I held into two first calvers I didn’t put in calf as they were sections just to get over the line- I plan to sell in spring.

I’ll have to look for two replacements then? To bring me to 50% or 3 to 60%?
    you basically need the same numbers next year as this year,50% 4 or 5 star un October, 80 % of ai 4or 5 star and 60% for genotyping n the spring afaik nothing has changed unless I'm missing something.The way I look at it is all the hard work has been done so it's a no brainer for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭Jb1989

High bike wrote: »
    you basically need the same numbers next year as this year,50% 4 or 5 star un October, 80 % of ai 4or 5 star and 60% for genotyping n the spring afaik nothing has changed unless I'm missing something.The way I look at it is all the hard work has been done so it's a no brainer for me

Big amount of starred heifers were sold from after 31st of October deadline, not be hard to buy to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Hurling Hereford

High bike wrote: »
    Nothing here either and I'm normally in the first run of payments

did ya have a bdgp inspection this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Hurling Hereford

we were told our payment went in a payment run on the 12/12/2020. still not showing on Agfood. suppose we'll have to wait for the text to tell us it's in our account

Advertisement