Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bdgp

Options
1373839404143»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭minerleague

I'm not in this scheme but with new one coming can I look up somewhere to see what number of my cows are 4* on replacement index, as I think you need 80% to reach this figure. Anyone in present scheme not bothering with new?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Micey.ie

You can see the star status of your cows on ICBF if your in herdplus but I guess they will give you a print out in next few weeks when application date opens.

If you were not in BDGP-I see a lot of genotyping-75% of cows by year 5 to be genotyped 4/5 star,also 70% of calves to be genotyped every year.I think €20-25 a pop for genotyping.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

Do you have to pay for genotyping yourself? Or does the scheme cover it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

The cost of genotyping is deducted from your payment each year for the duration.

Can the 4/5 star requirement be for either terminal stars or replacement stars?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

That eats into the payment when 70% calves done each year, plus cows as I'd only have a handful done. I wasn't in BDGP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭High bike

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭tanko

The 4/5 star requirement for cows/heifers is judged on the replacement stars only afaik.

The requirements for bulls was on either terminal or replacement up until now but i think there might be a change to the bull requirement in the new scheme which will be announced this week.

Advertisement