Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

McGregor via Decision
    I'd listen to Cerrone all day...
    "what do you think of Conor's movement coach?"
    "conor can train with a f**in ballerina for all i care" :)

Honestly Cowboy is coming off as a more than a bit insincere it comes to Conor. Cowboy was never much of a trash talker and always laughed off the bravado of opponents and tried to be the cool guy.

Initially it seemed he quiet liked Conor and now that he sees the dollars signs in acting brash and setting up a potential fight with Conor, it comes off as a try hard and a bit lame.

I guess thats why Conor is so unique in his trash talking, yes its an exaggerated version of him but its mostly him, everybody else who has never done it before are just copycats and could never sell the act as well.

Also, isn't it funny to see everybody now dressing in suits for press conferences while before Conor came, they were all in Tap Out t-shirts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Aldo via Submission
    Hazys wrote: »
    Honestly Cowboy is coming off as a more than a bit insincere it comes to Conor. Cowboy was never much of a trash talker and always laughed off the bravado of opponents and tried to be the cool guy.

Initially it seemed he quiet liked Conor and now that he sees the dollars signs in acting brash and setting up a potential fight with Conor, it comes off as a try hard and a bit lame.

I guess thats why Conor is so unique in his trash talking, yes its an exaggerated version of him but its mostly him, everybody else who has never done it before are just copycats and could never sell the act as well.

Also, isn't it funny to see everybody now dressing in suits for press conferences while before Conor came, they were all in Tap Out t-shirts?

They were all getting paid to wear tap-out, venum, addidas, whatever before the Reebok deal, now they have to dress themselves because those sponsorships are gone. Nothing to do with Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Hazys wrote: »

midget balls on forehead was one of the greatest moments of trash talk i[ve ever seen....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

McGregor via Decision
    shrewdness wrote: »
    I wouldn't say there's no truth in the rumours of a bit of friction between McGregor and Dana/The Fertittas, but I think that incident is being overplayed a bit. Frank looks pretty happy here(bottom left).

CWPgMzxWoAAflRo.jpg:large

See that pic, front row is Anthony Keidis (RHCP), now i HATE celebs who always get front row and are only there to be seen but Keidis really is something different, he's been going to events for years and always takes his seat for the first fight and watches them all.
    Also, as a thanks to Dana for looking after him The RHCP played a gig at the UFC Christmas party, last year i think

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭markc2951

He has a homecoming in January now in dublin city hall..anyone confirm if that will be inside or outside..I'm not familiar with these places at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

midget balls on forehead was one of the greatest moments of trash talk i[ve ever seen....

Breaking out the red panties topped that for me...pure funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭kettlehead

McGregor via Decision
    markc2951 wrote: »
    He has a homecoming in January now in dublin city hall..anyone confirm if that will be inside or outside..I'm not familiar with these places at all

The Dubs get a "homecoming" outside the Mansion House and on O'Connell Street. I'd imagine it will be similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Aldo via Decision
    markc2951 wrote: »

Its a civic reception so I would think mainly indoor.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

jon1981 wrote: »

the way he split that room up and picked fights with everyone was genius....then backing it up vs aldo....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Aldo via KO/TKO
    The brazillians are a weird bunch of lads altogether, from the weird p4p picking to this http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/12/16/10292958/manager-refutes-fabricio-werdum-s-claim-that-conor-mcgregor-wanted-to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

McGregor via Decision
    They're just bitter that they're losing their grip they had on MMA scene for the past few years.... Hope we get to see more European fighters taking part in High profile fights after what Tuf 22 did to but it on the spotlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭xtal191

McGregor via Decision
    ASOT wrote: »
    The brazillians are a weird bunch of lads altogether, from the weird p4p picking to this http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/12/16/10292958/manager-refutes-fabricio-werdum-s-claim-that-conor-mcgregor-wanted-to

To be fair its not just Brazilians with terrible p4p lists

heres an Americans

2mw15EU.png

And theres another one that has Gustaffson ranked.

Aldo via KO/TKO
    xtal191 wrote: »
    To be fair its not just Brazilians with terrible p4p lists

heres an Americans

2mw15EU.png

And theres another one that has Gustaffson ranked.

That's a terrible list but it's not out of the realms of possibility... In the brazillian one there is no way on planet earth Conor can ko Aldo and lose places haha.

Andre Pederneiras isn't a happy bunny.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/12/16/10316948/jose-aldo-coach-responds-to-deflated-comments-by-joe-rogan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I'd like to see Gunnar cut weight and go down to lightweight,he was quoted saying he could make it so it'd be nice to see,ww has a lot of very big fighters cutting down to it so I reckon its worth a go now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

McGregor via Decision
    They were all getting paid to wear tap-out, venum, addidas, whatever before the Reebok deal, now they have to dress themselves because those sponsorships are gone. Nothing to do with Conor.

Conor's been wearing suits at press conferences for about 2.5+ years, Reebok deal has only existed about 6+ months.

They started wearing suits long before the Reebok deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Aldo via Submission
    love cowboy, hope that match up never happens for his sake
    nate diaz got into his head pretty easily, can only imagine his state of
    mind by fight time if he ever meets conor....either way it wouldnt matter a lot

if pettis were still champ the ppv's for that might have surpassed the past weekend
    please let khabib and conor happen someday

Aldo via KO/TKO
    Gamebred wrote: »
    I'd like to see Gunnar cut weight and go down to lightweight,he was quoted saying he could make it so it'd be nice to see,ww has a lot of very big fighters cutting down to it so I reckon its worth a go now.

He doesn't cut much weight at all so I'd imagine he'd get to lw easy enough, wouldn't mind him fighting there myself.

For the first time ever I had to put someone on my ignore list I just can't handle the rehashing of everything Conor says into your posts Gamebred jesus Christ.
    He doesn't cut much weight at all so I'd imagine he'd get to lw easy enough, wouldn't mind him fighting there myself.

vF7rVgt.gif

Aldo via KO/TKO
    Gamebred wrote: »
    vF7rVgt.gif

Couldn't figure out how to do it on mobile, ignored the McGregor rehashing now it's all good. :pac:

Couldn't figure out how to do it on mobile, ignored the McGregor rehashing now it's all good.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Gamebred wrote:

Imagine Gunni did very well in lightweight and became title contender, and Conor has the belt, would they fight

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

McGregor via Decision
    Yeah, and you know what... I think Gunni wins... ironically he's Conors worst nightmare imho ... lol! :)

I'd love to see what match up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

jon1981 wrote: »

I can't remember exactly what Cerrone was saying, but he was going on about something, and then when he finished Conor shouted "Yee haw", I nearly pissed myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

My recap of the week -

Highlights - two excellent shows in a row, including the weigh ins. Great buzz at both. Obviously McGregor winning was great. At the time I didn't have an issue with how short the fight was, but in hindsight I definitely wished it was a bit more of a spectacle or maybe had a bit more drama, such as the Mendes fight. The Tony Ferguson fight on the Friday was unbelievable to see live, and the Chelsea is a mad spot to watch fights, even with GA standing.

Lowlights - pissed up obnoxious dubs who felt like they could walk, talk and act like conor mcgregor. Aggressive, rude ars*holes who seemed like they were being w*nkers for the sake of being w*nkers. This time I felt the Conor McGregor fans outweighed the MMA fans massively. Even in July we had lots of j1 students who weren't massive MMA fans but their youthfulness brought a good atmosphere and I didn't see any hassle out of any of them. As the week went on the behaviour got a bit better but still smatterings of it everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Imagine Gunni did very well in lightweight and became title contender, and Conor has the belt, would they fight

Mad cause when I look at Gunnar hes just a big lump of a man compared to conor!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I don't think gunni is cutting down anytime soon. Mcgregor even talked in the aftermath about how this weight cut was quite tough for gunni.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

McGregor via Decision
    People saying Holloway Aldo next. Surely the next fight would be Holloway Mendes as a good barometer of where Max is at imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Aldo via Submission
    stephenl15 wrote: »
    People saying Holloway Aldo next. Surely the next fight would be Holloway Mendes as a good barometer of where Max is at imo

Chad just had two brutal knock outs, he needs at least 6 months before he even thinks about fighting. José will be OK to fight before easter, Max needs to be pushed, Aldo is the current #2 contender after Frankie, if max can't beat Aldo then we know where he sits in the pecking order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

McGregor via Decision
    Chad just had two brutal knock outs, he needs at least 6 months before he even thinks about fighting. José will be OK to fight before easter, Max needs to be pushed, Aldo is the current #2 contender after Frankie, if max can't beat Aldo then we know where he sits in the pecking order.

Ah yeah for some reason I hadn't thought of the whole being KOd thing! I dunno though it just seems mad putting Max vs Aldo. Especially to see where he's at. Imagine saying that before 194. I just think Aldo is a step too far for him even though I know Chad ran him close. Just doesn't make sense to me for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Aldo via Submission
    dulux99 wrote: »
    My recap of the week -

Highlights - two excellent shows in a row, including the weigh ins. Great buzz at both. Obviously McGregor winning was great. At the time I didn't have an issue with how short the fight was, but in hindsight I definitely wished it was a bit more of a spectacle or maybe had a bit more drama, such as the Mendes fight. The Tony Ferguson fight on the Friday was unbelievable to see live, and the Chelsea is a mad spot to watch fights, even with GA standing.

Lowlights - pissed up obnoxious dubs who felt like they could walk, talk and act like conor mcgregor. Aggressive, rude ars*holes who seemed like they were being w*nkers for the sake of being w*nkers. This time I felt the Conor McGregor fans outweighed the MMA fans massively. Even in July we had lots of j1 students who weren't massive MMA fans but their youthfulness brought a good atmosphere and I didn't see any hassle out of any of them. As the week went on the behaviour got a bit better but still smatterings of it everywhere.

There was a lot of scum alright, but I was staying in the mgm so after the fight they scuttled back to whatever hovels they were staying in. I barely saw them bar fight night.

Advertisement