Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Don't post in here very often but would like to join in the celebrations. Was relatively confident he could get the win but did not expect it to be done in such an emphatic manner. Its really pretty amazing that we now have one of the greatest fighters ever, from our little country. The exchange was a thing of beauty. Feels the range with left right combo and the teep. Then the counter left cross while avoiding Aldos left hand. Beautiful. Masterclass in counter punching. Congrats to everyone concerned, Conor, his family, team etc... This is our generations Italia 90, I don't care what the detractors say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Gamebred wrote: »
    Conors wrestling and jiu jitsu is not mediocre thats where your wrong my friend.
    Read my post again. I never said it was mediocre, in fact I think it's quite good from what I've seen of him training.

What I did say: He is an exceptional striker but probably a mediocre at best wrestler compared to Mendes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,086 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Aldo via Decision
    He wont lose another fight beforehe retires,he is light years ahead of the opposition,he has wiped out a division with k.o after k.o something the Aldo coundnt do.

I think this one is proof enough you have drank too much Kool-Aid to be honest.

No point in trying to reason here.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Decision
    Tazzimus wrote: »
    Read my post again. I never said it was mediocre, in fact I think it's quite good from what I've seen of him training.

What I did say: He is an exceptional striker but probably a mediocre at best wrestler compared to Mendes.

yeah but so is anyones, mendez is the best pure wrestler at 145, arguably in the whole ufc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Well its pretty hard to finish people with wrestling,and his wrestling is no where near mediocre,your basing this on him getting taken down while on one knee.

Im not getting into arguements on chad or ricardos abilities its all relative,I wish I was 10% as good as them at martial arts but were talking McGregor level,they are in a different universe.

• Advertisement

What I posted is my opinion that he will go unbeaten till he retires you can dispute that no problem but please explain who will beat him

I mentioned him ko after ko'ing people and that is factual so dont know what your getting at with your snide comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

McGregor via Decision
    John Kavanagh's prediction was way off. He thought it would last 60 seconds.

http://www.the42.ie/john-kavanagh-column-30-november-2015-2470773-Nov2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Thoughts on how he gets on at 155?

Depp wrote: »
    yeah but so is anyones, mendez is the best pure wrestler at 145, arguably in the whole ufc
    This is the point I'm trying to make, Chad is an exceptional wrestler, in the same light as Conor is an exceptional striker. He's by no means a rookie.
    Well its pretty hard to finish people with wrestling,and his wrestling is no where near mediocre,your basing this on him getting taken down while on one knee.

Im not getting into arguements on chad or ricardos abilities its all relative,I wish I was 10% as good as them at martial arts but were talking McGregor level,they are in a different universe.

Dude seriously.. Read what I actually said in the post...

dave1982 wrote: »
    I reckon he'll do well at 155 but he won't have as big an advantage I don't think. Some absolute killers in LW.

• Advertisement

McGregor via Decision

who currently at 145 beats him then? Frankie 100% gives him a tougher fight than hes had yet and Im a huge frankie fan but he wont beat Conor. Conor will talk ****, get in his head, draw the mistake and pounce, but it definitely wont be in 13 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 14,086 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Aldo via Decision
    TheTownie wrote: »
    Some Aldo quotes from interview with Combate. Like any Aldo interview theres a possibility of mis-translation.

Spoken like a true champ, the man is arguably the most all round skilled fighter in the history of it and though I think it will be a huge challenge to come back from something like that if there is anyone who can do it it's him.

I think his frosty relationship with the UFC brass will mean there is zero chance for an immediate rematch, and though I think he certainly deserves one if Rondao is getting one (completely outclassed) it might be better for him to build up to it again, he will have been basically 2 years out of the octagon the next time he fights, 13 seconds isn't enough time to keep the rust away :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

This is the point I'm trying to make, Chad is an exceptional wrestler, in the same light as Conor is an exceptional striker. He's by no means a rookie.

Dude seriously.. Read what I actually said in the post...

his wrestling couldnt help him survive against Conor with one knee for more than 10 minutes so its not that good obviously.

his wrestling couldnt help him survive against Conor with one knee for more than 10 minutes so its not that good obviously.
    Now I'm convinced you're a troll.

Either that or you think McGregor is God or something.

McGregor via Decision
    anyone remember the talk before 189 of aldo moving up after fighting mcgregor? maybe we'll see the rematch at 155 for the belt, assuming conor gets it, imagine the hype then, dana should give me a job

Now I'm convinced you're a troll.

Either that or you think McGregor is God or something.

In other words you have nothing more to add to the conversation or views on the fact you just quoted,good man play the owl now your trolling card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

dave1982 wrote: »

I've always said he'd have a tough time at 155 but now I just don't know. The way he beat Aldo gives him an air of invincibility - he KO'd the P4P best fighter in the first exchange, that's going to play on the mind of even the most confident fighters. That and the way he winds people up gives him a scary edge before we even look at his ability. If you asked me a month ago I'd say RDA throws him around, now I still probably think he wins but Conor might be capable of finishing anyone on the feet and I think his opponents know that now. Your whole game plan, including take downs, must change when you know that if you get clipped you could be finished.

Conor with no extreme weight cut is a scary scary prospect,in a 5 round fight he will get his chance to tee off and when he does its game over,Khabib on paper would be the biggest danger alongside RDA,but id expect him to finish both.

Cowboy got lit on fire by nate diaz he would be ko'd stiff inside a round hes mentally weak too which wouldnt help,pettis too would turn into a panic wrestler when hes backed up against the cage and no kicks to use.

In other words you have nothing more to add to the conversation or views on the fact you just quoted,good man play the owl now your trolling card.
    No I've just realised that you won't listen to anyone elses reasoning and are convinced your own opinion is law, so I'm leaving off before I actually end up getting into an argument with you, I'd rather not get banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

McGregor via Decision
    Pighead wrote: »
    John Kavanagh's prediction was way off. He thought it would last 60 seconds.

http://www.the42.ie/john-kavanagh-column-30-november-2015-2470773-Nov2015/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

McGregor via Decision
    What time is the Aldo Mcgregor fight on 3e tonight?

Do ye think Aldo will last longer this time??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

It's hard to respect stupidity though

Respecting that there is a difference of opinion rather than the opinion itself. Your getting more fans of all backgrounds into the sport, it's only natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

CWJJWTwUwAARUYS.png

And that was the mistake he made.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Aldo via Decision
    Conor with no extreme weight cut is a scary scary prospect,in a 5 round fight he will get his chance to tee off and when he does its game over,Khabib on paper would be the biggest danger alongside RDA,but id expect him to finish both.

Cowboy got lit on fire by nate diaz he would be ko'd stiff inside a round hes mentally weak too which wouldnt help,pettis too would turn into a panic wrestler when hes backed up against the cage and no kicks to use.

Khabib would smash him "no problem" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭wylie

McGregor via Decision
    Anyone else think there is some tension between Conor and Dana?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

article - http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/12/14/10104838/jose-aldo-ufc-194-loss-is-too-hard-to-digest
    "So, there wasn’t even a fight, right? Only 13 seconds," he said. "And I also remember when I came in, how I tried to punch. But, man, it’s hard to say know if it’s (his) success or (my) mistake. It’s a quick decision, and he was able to connect a good punch when I tried a combination."

Seems Aldo still can't accept that it was pure skill that defeated him. He's obviously regretting going for broke in the first exchange with a combination. He says he didn't get worked up by the Mcgregor trash talk, i think it's obvious he did when he went for an early spectacular finish (combination) and failed. A fighter with his experience should have known better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

McGregor via Submission
    Khabib would smash him "no problem" :pac:

Interesting comments. Khabib clearly recognises the threat and skills of Conor (even saying he will beat Aldo) and the fact Conor knows how to thrashtalk and promote and make money, but is still confident of putting him down within the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

wylie wrote: »
    Anyone else think there is some tension between Conor and Dana?

Ive felt that for a while with Dana and Fertita too. Its all subtle but I think they dont appreciate him advocating himself as a governing partner of the UFC. They just dont seem budzy woodzys like they did before anyway and in company now its all a bit too much of an at arms length welcomes.
    I also feel Conor probably tried too hard for Croke park and got put in his box and now trots out the company line in the negative like it pains him.

Khabib is like glass trains stupidly Ive read too he be doing well to even make a comeback at this rate never mind beat Conor,hes a beast rag dolling RDA grappling is on another level in fairness to him but he would fall like the rest of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Aldo via KO/TKO
    For the first time ever I had to put someone on my ignore list I just can't handle the rehashing of everything Conor says into your posts Gamebred jesus Christ.

Advertisement