Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options
1909192939496»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

McGregor via Decision
    Gamebred wrote: »
    Dont remember RDA pulling out of fights has he a history?

Nope

RDA: 2013-15: 8 FIGHTS
    CONOR: 2013-15: 7 FIGHTS
    ALDO: 2013-15: 5 FIGHTS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Aldo via KO/TKO
    Just rewatched it there on fight pass, it's great that they actually have the proper version of Conors entrance not dubbed over. The thing that stuck out to me and was hard viewing was Aldo after the fight crying and generally looked a broken man, his return will either compleatly bomb and he will retire our that could re ignite his career, I wish he wasn't mistranlasted after the fight because when I watched it live it left a sour taste in my mouth, not as bad this time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

ASOT wrote: »
    Just rewatched it there on fight pass, it's great that they actually have the proper version of Conors entrance not dubbed over. The thing that stuck out to me and was hard viewing was Aldo after the fight crying and generally looked a broken man, his return will either compleatly bomb and he will retire our that could re ignite his career, I wish he wasn't mistranlasted after the fight because when I watched it live it left a sour taste in my mouth, not as bad this time around.

He really wasn't very humble or respectful in the ring after the fight.

But I suppose conor had got to him that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Aldo would just have to prepare to fight at 155. No belt on the line.

Not being sarcastic but I wouldn't discount an interim title being created.
    That said; I have no memory of RDA pulling out of fights and didn't he fight Pettis with a severely busted up knee so it'll take a right bit of bad luck for him not to make it id guess.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

McGregor via Decision
    The only reason I would suspect RDA of possibly withdrawing is either: 1. He's Brazillian and possibly there might be a comrade-in-arms thing with Aldo, plus some serious cash in a brown envelope :) 2. It would make it a hugely dramatic night without the wearisome build up again. I mean its practically soap-opera levels of drama. Aldo gets his immediate rematch, UFC gets its huge PPV night while keeping RDA in the back-pocket for another big night. Frankie gets screwed but nothing new there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

DeVore wrote: »
    The only reason I would suspect RDA of possibly withdrawing is either: 1. He's Brazillian and possibly there might be a comrade-in-arms thing with Aldo, plus some serious cash in a brown envelope :) 2. It would make it a hugely dramatic night without the wearisome build up again. I mean its practically soap-opera levels of drama. Aldo gets his immediate rematch, UFC gets its huge PPV night while keeping RDA in the back-pocket for another big night. Frankie gets screwed but nothing new there :)

Frankie and RDA have the same manager so I don't see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Aldo via Submission
    DeVore wrote: »

Conor is gonna be too big for 145 so aldo won't be fighting him at 145 for a title. No chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McGregor via Decision
    Exactly one year ago. :cool:

McGregor via Decision
    2 years ago today. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Let it die paully...let it die.

• Advertisement

McGregor via Decision
    3 years ago today. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Aldo via KO/TKO
    Poor Jose & Chris.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Conor seems to be gone very quiet lately, anything up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

McGregor via Decision
    Conor seems to be gone very quiet lately, anything up?

see what you are getting at there, nicely done

Advertisement