Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Jose Aldo's coach André Pederneiras is retweeting ****e like this:

https://twitter.com/Jack40853087/status/675699736716836864

clutching at straws.

Maybe he's talking to Aldos dentist? Looking for that missing tooth, maybe?
    degsie wrote: »
    Isn't it possible that he just got lucky? Can't be ruled out surely.

If I did it, it would be lucky. If Conor won a few million on a scratcher he bought in the shop in the MGM, that would be lucky. Drawing Aldo in, and counter punching, like he has done many times before and was seen practicing before he left his dressing room (is that the right word?) No way is that luck. That was by design.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

McGregor via Decision
    Yeah, you cant really call it luck when McGregor has done it to several opponents before.... and told everyone he was going to do it ... and then acted it out in the dressing room before hand!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭VisibleGorilla

Aldo via Decision
    I would have jumped at luck, but having seen him do it multiple times, his training, etc..

It was 100% skill in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

degsie wrote: »
    Isn't it possible that he just got lucky? Can't be ruled out surely.

Defiantly ruled out. His done it before and called exactly that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

DeVore wrote: »
    Yeah, you cant really call it luck when McGregor has done it to several opponents before.... and told everyone he was going to do it ... and then acted it out in the dressing room before hand!! :)

Joe Duffy was asked on who would win this fight and he picked McGregor and the reason being for what actually happened in the end, Aldo rushed in and McGregor would pick him off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

If he throws the punch with precision, comes over the top of aldos punch, and lands clean on the chin.... That's not a lucky punch. Ridiculous to say it was a lucky punch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

The noise from the crowd when Conor won is incredible (keep your volume low)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Gamebred wrote: »

The noise from the crowd when Conor won is incredible (keep your volume low)

Poor Jose. Waking back up to see conor on the octagon flipping the bird:)

Anyone saying that fight was stopped to early needs to see that video.

He didn't know where he was or what was happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Poor Jose. Waking back up to see conor on the octagon flipping the bird:)

Anyone saying that fight was stopped to early needs to see that video.

He didn't know where he was or what was happening.

The knee to the head from Big John certainly didn't help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Decision
    https://www.instagram.com/p/_ZJxKem2Ur/?taken-by=teamnovauniao
    teamnovauniaoStill the people's champion .... That wasn't a defeat... @danawhiteufc rematch right away

its starting to get sad now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Aldo via KO/TKO
    Heard on the news there's a lemon drought in Brazil.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I think Aldo deserves rematch going 10 years unbeaten don't happen often in mma, conor ko'd him quick nd clean. He even admitted ko's like that can happen and he's open to a rematch.

Depp wrote: »

If you notice how bad their taking it,can you imagine if Aldo won,we wouldnt of heard the end of it with gloating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Aldo via KO/TKO
    dave1982 wrote: »
    I think Aldo deserves rematch going 10 years unbeaten don't happen often in mma, conor ko'd him quick nd clean. He even admitted ko's like that can happen and he's open to a rematch.

I don't think anyone's disputing that but it's the absolute bitterness of the brazillian which is getting on everyone's nerves saying it wasn't a fight etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

McGregor via Decision
    Brazilians always seem the most bitter group of fighters after a loss. I'm still waiting for them to say he was injured.

I'd like to see a rematch but I couldn't stand another 7/8 months of build up again. We've had a year of it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

McGregor via Decision
    ASOT wrote: »
    I don't think anyone's disputing that but it's the absolute bitterness of the brazillian which is getting on everyone's nerves saying it wasn't a fight etc.

I'd dispute him getting a rematch. How long will it be until Aldo is cleared to fight again/recovered. He was destroyed by Conor. With all the build up to the McGregor Aldo fight I just don't think many will want to see it again. Everything that can be said has been said over the last year. If the next featherweight title fight doesn't involve Frankie it's an absolute joke. However, I'm 99% sure it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,104 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Jose Aldo's coach André Pederneiras is retweeting ****e like this:

https://twitter.com/Jack40853087/status/675699736716836864

clutching at straws.

It gets worse...

https://twitter.com/Jack40853087/status/676076216449826817

(tbf this is Dede saying this, just some random on the internet. But Dede shouldn't have touched it with a barge pole)
    Should he be offered it? Maybe.

Should he take it? Hell no.
    He absolutely shouldn't be taking it, but I honestly don't think that they'd consider taking a break for a second. One of my biggest criticism of Aldo's lead up to this fight was Dede's ability to be tactical. Barao Dillishaw 2 proved that for me.
    Himself and his team went with a very stupid plan, he was going to stand and trade with Conor.. he was going to fight the way he always does and he simply cannot do that against Conor. John said they thought he would do what he did or go for the takedown straight away... he needs to use his BBJ, he will never win the fight standing.
    To be honest, I don't think we can draw any conclusions about his gameplan from 13 seconds. For all we know he was going to shoot after the low kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,104 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I'd dispute him getting a rematch. How long will it be until Aldo is cleared to fight again/recovered.
    Jose Aldo: Suspended until Feb. 11, 2016, with no contact until Jan. 27.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Isn't most of this sourness coming from Aldo's team/gym?

I thought he admitted it was a good punch and he was beaten soundly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

McGregor via Decision
    Did any of you get the laminate/souvenir ticket for this fight rather than the ticket fast print at home option? I'd love to get the laminate ticket and buy one of those 'I was there ' frames to keep it in. Seems like TM don't reissue them though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭xtal191

McGregor via Decision
    Tazzimus wrote: »
    Isn't most of this sourness coming from Aldo's team/gym?

I thought he admitted it was a good punch and he was beaten soundly

Yeah to be fair to Aldo he hasnt come out bitching and moaning. It seems to be mostly his team and his coach Dede has always come across as an arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

McGregor via Decision
    Has there been any video interviews with Aldo or his team since they got back to Brazil? Or is it all just Facebook/Twitter twatter?

Did Aldo even do a post fight presser or interview on the night? I know Conor ran his own show but what about Aldo, I never saw anything with him. Is Aldo not contractually obligated to face the media post fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

McGregor via Decision
    Mellor wrote: »

Badly worded by myself, but given how long he usually waits between fights I was of the thinking it would be long after his medical suspension was lifted before he goes to fight again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

He'd have been lucky if Aldo tripped up and knocked himself out off the mat , that's luck.

Getting a left hook to the jaw and being KO'd by your opponent is being beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Aldo via Decision
    Jack Slack analyses the 13 seconds.

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/how-conor-mcgregor-killed-the-king

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Aldo via Decision
    i'm new enough the the sport but could you say they went in with NO plan...conor repeated over and over what was going to happen...and they did exactly what he said in the first 10 seconds...did they just think he'd take the left and move on?

i'd give aldo credit for putting every ounce of his being into making that right connect before he dropped!

I remember Conor said in the press conference leading up to the fight that Aldo was "predictable".

Aldos film is postponed,Conor has went and changed the story line literally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Aldo via Decision
    dave1982 wrote: »
    Agreed.

Surely an ex champ no matter how long they were a champion should be entitled to a rematch.

Advertisement