Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

jakdublin wrote: »
    I got the VDR working. It dumped about 900 channels or something but I couldn't get the channel manager to work properly. It kept forgetting the groups I created on every reboot. Went down the tvheadend route as everyone seems to prefer this. Like you say, took a while to figure out but I've only got about 300 channels and none of the ITV/BBC/Channel 4 ones. It's pointed at 28.2 Astra. Is that right do you know? Also, why do people prefer tvheadend?

Yes that's correct, you may have to scan a few times I did, and not all came in named correctly some are just numbers with no names.

I'm not sure why everyone says it's so great, compared to a Linux openbox for live tv it's poor.

I'm gonna have a play around with channel ordering tonight see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭GY A1

So would In be right in saying that if I flashed an image today for example, and PBenigma bring out another version in a months time, I need to delete the version I have and flash the new version and do all the setting up in PBenima on my Wetek again?

or is there a simpler way to update images?

no most updates can be updated from the image u have by an online update,
    unless the image has a major upgrade and they specifically say to upgrade by flashing again ;)

Etnies wrote: »
    Yes that's correct, you may have to scan a few times I did, and not all came in named correctly some are just numbers with no names.

I'm not sure why everyone says it's so great, compared to a Linux openbox for live tv it's poor.

firstly openbox is a piece of junk
    this is a multi use box
    i dont like openelc at all as its still a work in progress
    vdr and tvheadend are a pain
    i'd go with android installed on NAND and then enigma2 on an sd card
    especially as u say a setup for mainly live tv,
    also the enigma2 images come with kodi built in also :D
    e

i read the alt was better
    try the alt 1/1/16 if you have issues with that newer one,

On the download page there are 3 options, which is best?

Bleeding edge:
    wetekplay-PBNIGMA-VX-5.1-20160123_sdcard.zip

Alternate Codecs and Previous Kernel:
    wetekplay-PBNIGMA-VX-5.1-20160103_ALT.zip

Previous Working:
    wetekplay-PBNIGMA-VX-5.1-20151117_sdcard.zip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭wiz569

GY A1 wrote: »
    no most updates can be updated from the image u have by an online update,
    unless the image has a major upgrade and they specifically say to upgrade by flashing again ;)

So that would be a maybe then ;)

Personally I would always do a clean install either way,then again there is more than one way to skin a cat,

In the interest of not confusing people with different advice I will back out at this point,

Anybody gets really stuck just drop me a pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭batistuta9

are you using the openelec remote on those e2 images?

wiz569 wrote: »
    So that would be a maybe then ;)

Personally I would always do a clean install either way,then again there is more than one way to skin a cat,

In the interest of not confusing people with different advice I will back out at this point,

Anybody gets really stuck just drop me a pm

updates are available online ;)
    but there are issues/problems with new updates all the time,
    enigma2 is still being perfected thats why its advised to run enigma2 on sd for the moment and not put on NAND til they get it sorted,
    i had problems with a recent update,
    thats why i'd say for the moment if u get a stable running image stick with it LOL :D

firstly openbox is a piece of junk
    this is a multi use box
    i dont like openelc at all as its still a work in progress
    vdr and tvheadend are a pain
    i'd go with android installed on NAND and then enigma2 on an sd card
    especially as u say a setup for mainly live tv,
    also the enigma2 images come with kodi built in also :D
    e

It isnt a piece of junk, it works perfectly compared to kodi and 100 times easier to config, you cant knock something that works the way it should, I havent given up on tvheadend yet, gonna look for a decent skin and channel logos.

What are the menus and epg like on enigma2? thats most important for me.

But i dont wanna be pulling in and out SD cards depending on what i want to do either

Just mentioning this to possibly save you or others some agro , be sure to uncheck "get channel order from back end" before changing the channel order.

Other wise it will look grand , they will get the little check to indicate change was applied etc. you'll go out to tv and see the channels still in the same order as when you started. Was grand for me on DVB-T having to do it twice as I didn't notice that first time but for someone with 100's of channels on satellite that could be quite the arse ache to have to do over :pac:

they are junk in all fairness lol
    get another sd card and bang on enigma2,
    more user friendly
    easier setup ect ect ;)

• Advertisement

they are junk in all fairness lol
    get another sd card and bang on enigma2,
    more user friendly
    easier setup ect ect ;)
    batistuta9 wrote: »
    are you using the openelec remote on those e2 images?

with the openelec remote?

with the openelec remote?

openelec remote workin perfect,
    you can shell out for the wetek eneigma2 remote if u want,
    but workin fine here

openelec remote workin perfect,
    you can shell out for the wetek eneigma2 remote if u want,
    but workin fine here

how've you managed that?
    half the buttons don't work on mine, the colour buttons won't work - they're for setting everything, can't seem to do shít without them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

how've you managed that?
    half the buttons don't work on mine, the colour buttons won't work - they're for settings everything, can't seem to do shít without them

What image are you using?
    Make sure you go into setup or system and then to rcu select and choose the option of wetek openelec rcu that will get most buttons working.

If your using pbnigma then go to wetek forums and search for hottest keymap his latest one works almost all buttons on that..

tommycahir wrote: »
    Make sure you go into setup or system and then to rcu select and choose the option of wetek openelec rcu that will get most buttons working.

If your using pbnigma then go to wetek forums and search for hottest keymap his latest one works almost all buttons on that..

was using openatv & tried the rcu change but it didn't seem to help

tried the latest pbnigma there earlier but i've d'loaded the alt image now, so i'll try with it

has anyone tried Ubuntu ? I see images there for it but surely even that can't run great on one of these especially form a card :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Just mentioning this to possibly save you or others some agro , be sure to uncheck "get channel order from back end" before changing the channel order.

Other wise it will look grand , they will get the little check to indicate change was applied etc. you'll go out to tv and see the channels still in the same order as when you started. Was grand for me on DVB-T having to do it twice as I didn't notice that first time but for someone with 100's of channels on satellite that could be quite the arse ache to have to do over :pac:

Wish I'd have had that advice on Sunday! Spent about an hour reordering everything before I realised what was happening. Hopefully your post will save somebody else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Has anyone on here set up TvHeadend to scan for DVB-C channels.

I was sifting through the thread but can only find mention of DVB-S and DVB-T.

I am following a tutorial but I am unsure of what frequency to put in when I add a Mux.

Here is the tutorial I am following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvRB7oVg2r0

They use the frequency: 474000000

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Planning on setting this up at weekend.. but instead of repeatedly plugging out my coaxial to my (still active for now) Sky box.. would picking up one of these (spotted in Dealz) and getting two small lengths of coaxial do the job?

51ghB2UXl1L._SY300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Planning on setting this up at weekend.. but instead of repeatedly plugging out my coaxial to my (still active for now) Sky box.. would picking up one of these (spotted in Dealz) and getting two small lengths of coaxial do the job!

51ghB2UXl1L._SY300_.jpg

• Advertisement

jakdublin wrote: »

Wish I'd have had that advice on Sunday! Spent about an hour reordering everything before I realised what was happening. Hopefully your post will save somebody else :)

maybe not what you guys want but you can select a bouquet from the tvheadend web interface & that'll order the channels for you,
    ie: sky ROI HD, sky London HD, etc.
    gets rid of all the duplicates as well

tommycahir wrote: »

got the remote working, you need to go to keymaps as well & select keymap_HWTest

that's the one i d'loaded & moved to the box but i actually think it might be installed anyway on the newer pbnigma images

now i just need to get a stabler image of it, had issues with the alt & bleeding edge versions so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

batistuta9 wrote:
    got the remote working, you need to go to keymaps as well & select keymap_HWTest

batistuta9 wrote:
    that's the one i d'loaded & moved to the box but i actually think it might be installed anyway on the newer pbnigma images

batistuta9 wrote:
    now i just need to get a stabler image of it, had issues with the alt & bleeding edge versions so far

Let me know what image works for you, I will be looking for a good pbnigma image too

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭onform

Basq wrote: »
    Planning on setting this up at weekend.. but instead of repeatedly plugging out my coaxial to my (still active for now) Sky box.. would picking up one of these (spotted in Dealz) and getting two small lengths of coaxial do the job!

51ghB2UXl1L._SY300_.jpg

Unfortunately you can't split a satellite signal. You could use the splitter in the photo for a cable signal alright. See this link for an explanation as to why

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/split_feed.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Lads, openelec version on mine is 5.1.0.5.2.

How do I update this to version 6 or is there any need to?

maybe not what you guys want but you can select a bouquet from the tvheadend web interface & that'll order the channels for you,
    ie: sky ROI HD, sky London HD, etc.
    gets rid of all the duplicates as well

Ive done this too, but is there a way to set the categories? Documentary etc..

Lads, openelec version on mine is 5.1.0.5.2.

How do I update this to version 6 or is there any need to?

you can do it from the openelec setting addon, if you're using a different skin it's in the programs.
    otherwise it'll be on the system tab sub menus

i updated it when i first got the box, idk if there's any real need or what changes were included
    Ive done this too, but is there a way to set the categories? Documentary etc..

i think for that you'll need to set them manually.
    on the web interface you create a tag & add it to the channels, so a pain in the ...

i think i've seen that there's scripts that'll do it but i haven't really looked into it more, i can remember the important channel numbers.

the only channel tags i've left enabled is the bouquet & hdtv find it handy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

guys got the box 2 days ago very happy with it but tvheadend is doing my head in.followed guides on youtube and still cant get passed the :9981 stage.it just wont load at all.tried it with wired and wireless but keep getting the tvheadend connection lost.any ideas would be great thanks.

guys got the box 2 days ago very happy with it but tvheadend is doing my head in.followed guides on youtube and still cant get passed the :9981 stage.it just wont load at all.tried it with wired and wireless but keep getting the tvheadend connection lost.any ideas would be great thanks.

You have both add ons enabled on the kodi box for tvheadend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

You have both add ons enabled on the kodi box for tvheadend?
    i have tvheadend enabled whats the other?is it the vdr vnsi client

Advertisement