Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

Openvix do not do an image for the wetek m8,

Make sure the images you do use are wetek versions and not the normal satellite box versions,

These images also need to be burned on to the SD card using Win32 DiskImager

Have a look here

http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/categories/enigma-2-images

Double post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Thanks mate.

What image would be best?

Thanks mate.

What image would be best?

I personally use PBnigma image m8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Openatv and pbenigma are the most common. I personally prefer the look of pbenigma, have mine fully set up just the way I like it.

• Advertisement

Great stuff lads. It's starting to become a bit clearer...

Plenty more questions but I don't wanna hog the thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Just drop me a pm and I'll see of I can help if you need anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

trying to configure tvheadend with oscam, jaysus

Etnies wrote: »
    trying to configure tvheadend with oscam, jaysus

Forum really needs a sticky with the settings, I messed up my install and started fresh last week and haven't been able to get back all the channels for DVB-T , I can get all the channels on one of the MUXs like 3e TV3 RTE2 etc but nothing on the other one that has RTE One and the UK stations , that fails every time at scanning , so if someone with a working dvb-t setup would be kind enough to post their settings, I'd be very grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

has anyone had any issues when over Ethernet of the box causing network problems? I use an eircom eplug to go eth from router to the tv and when I connect the wetek my network essentially crashes. Issue does not happy when directly connected router to wetek. Just be interested to see. Wifi works well enough so was just wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

The thread search function isnt working at the moment...

Anybody recommend a USB tuner for terrestrial TV? Does it matter what image you run, ie use it with the preinstalled setup and then if I switch images can it work elsewhere?

Is there such a thing as a double usb tuner so one can watch & record terrestrial TV?

Thanks
    W.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

The thread search function isnt working at the moment...

Anybody recommend a USB tuner for terrestrial TV? Does it matter what image you run, ie use it with the preinstalled setup and then if I switch images can it work elsewhere?

Is there such a thing as a double usb tuner so one can watch & record terrestrial TV?

Thanks
    W.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Is anyone going down the OSCam route with this?

First attempt resulted having to reinstall tvheadend because I lost access to see the tuners in the webUI along with even been able to view FTA channels which had been working fine.

Second time around I can see both tuners (im just using one at the min)

Any tutorials i've viewed have been hazy at best including one in Russian,

anyone else doing same as me?

Edit : Finally got it working. Also for anyone reading, 6.0 build loads the channels noticeably slower

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Edit : Finally got it working. Also for anyone reading, 6.0 build loads the channels noticeably slower

loading them in when you start up or switching between channels?

i actually find both pretty slow, starting up it'll sometimes reboot 2 or 3 times when importing the channels
    and channel changing isn't that quick either, it buffers at times

also noticed it struggles when recording one channels & watching another, buffers a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I got the VDR working. It dumped about 900 channels or something but I couldn't get the channel manager to work properly. It kept forgetting the groups I created on every reboot. Went down the tvheadend route as everyone seems to prefer this. Like you say, took a while to figure out but I've only got about 300 channels and none of the ITV/BBC/Channel 4 ones. It's pointed at 28.2 Astra. Is that right do you know? Also, why do people prefer tvheadend?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Basq wrote: »
    Thanks all..

.. also, would a 4GB microSD be enough or would 8GB be safer?

Seeing a Kingston 4GB for about €4, or a PNY 8GB for €8.

Both Class 10.
    Sorry to harp on about this..

.. but would it be better to get a microSD with quicker speeds?

i.e Standard PNY 8GB with 10MB/sec read-write speeds for €8 OR Performance PNY 8GB with 25MB/sec read / 10MB/sec write speeds for €11. Could also get a 16GB Standard PNY for a tenner.

Thoughts?

I just threw in the 8gb class 3 I had lying around, and am running openelec from it without any noticeable issues, that said I'm not writing any data to it day to day everything else outside of the os and add ons etc is on an external hd.

I think I'd be looking at quality and reputation of the cards over the speed as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Edmundy

Wow !

Struggling big time to get anywhere with mine !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Lads talk of os cam prob won't get that far. Just FYI
    There plenty of support for setting everything else up. There a lot of good information in these 2 threads
    But even wetek forum draw a line on it there.

First attempt resulted having to reinstall tvheadend because I lost access to see the tuners in the webUI along with even been able to view FTA channels which had been working fine.

Second time around I can see both tuners (im just using one at the min)

Any tutorials i've viewed have been hazy at best including one in Russian,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Edmundy wrote: »
    Wow !

Struggling big time to get anywhere with mine !

What are trying to do and how far have you got? Think it's a long term project for me :-)
    GY A1 wrote: »
    Lads talk of os cam prob won't get that far. Just FYI
    There plenty of support for setting everything else up. There a lot of good information in these 2 threads
    But even wetek forum draw a line on it there.

I'm new to all this apart from using Kodi but that post you quoted actually helped me a little. What's the problem? I'm just looking to access freeview channels through a satellite dish.

• Advertisement

For anybody just trying to get Free to Air channels on 28.2E Astra then just put an E2 image like PBniga on an SD card and set that up first,at least once thats working you can watch TV,

Once you are happy doing that then you can start tinkering :)

Fecking double post lol

wiz569 wrote: »
    For anybody just trying to get Free to Air channels on 28.2E Astra then just put an E2 image like PBniga on an SD card and set that up first,at least once thats working you can watch TV,

Once you are happy doing that then you can start tinkering :)

On the PBnigma download page the developer has stated the comment below in blue. Does this mean it is unstable or only to be used by experienced users?

This image is still in infancy mode and should be used only by bold, brave and beautiful. Nevertheless, some might find it interesting.
    Please do read included PDF & txt.

On the PBnigma download page the developer has stated the comment below in blue. Does this mean it is unstable or only to be used by experienced users?

This image is still in infancy mode and should be used only by bold, brave and beautiful. Nevertheless, some might find it interesting.

Depends on whether you consider yourself bold,brave and beautiful :D

Nah its just a disclaimer if you like,but its fine you wont do no harm once you use the correct image

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

There are different issues still with updates of the various enigma2 images.
    I've found open atv good
    And been using pbnigma dated 1/12/15 cause there were problems with newer updates.
    I've heard the newer alt version is pretty stable.

GY A1 wrote: »
    There are different issues still with updates of the various enigma2 images.
    I've found open atv good
    And been using pbnigma dated 1/12/15 cause there were problems with newer updates.
    I've heard the newer alt version is pretty stable.

On the download page there are 3 options, which is best?

Bleeding edge:
    wetekplay-PBNIGMA-VX-5.1-20160123_sdcard.zip

Alternate Codecs and Previous Kernel:
    wetekplay-PBNIGMA-VX-5.1-20160103_ALT.zip

Previous Working:
    wetekplay-PBNIGMA-VX-5.1-20151117_sdcard.zip

On the download page there are 3 options, which is best?

Bleeding edge:
    wetekplay-PBNIGMA-VX-5.1-20160123_sdcard.zip

Alternate Codecs and Previous Kernel:
    wetekplay-PBNIGMA-VX-5.1-20160103_ALT.zip

Previous Working:
    wetekplay-PBNIGMA-VX-5.1-20151117_sdcard.zip

Take your pick m8,it wont be your only time to flash an image anyway so wade on in :)

Take your pick m8,it wont be your only time to flash an image anyway so wade on in :)

So would In be right in saying that if I flashed an image today for example, and PBenigma bring out another version in a months time, I need to delete the version I have and flash the new version and do all the setting up in PBenima on my Wetek again?

or is there a simpler way to update images?

So would In be right in saying that if I flashed an image today for example, and PBenigma bring out another version in a months time, I need to delete the version I have and flash the new version and do all the setting up in PBenima on my Wetek again?

or is there a simpler way to update images?

In theory yes,

But you can back up all your settings and transfer them to your pc,then IF you decide to flash another image,you can transfer them back,so all in all once you are used to doing it,it only takes about 15 mins,

Then again you might decide that there are no good enough reasons to flash the latest image and stick with what you have :)

• Advertisement

In theory yes,

But you can back up all your settings and transfer them to your pc,then IF you decide to flash another image,you can transfer them back,so all in all once you are used to doing it,it only takes about 15 mins,

Then again you might decide that there are no good enough reasons to flash the latest image and stick with what you have :)

Thanks mate

Advertisement