Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Lads,

With this box is there a setup / addon where you can have the same epg/channel numbers as what you would have on sky etc?

If you are using openatv or pbnigma then install autobouquets e2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

Sorry I must be blind as I cant find any Android guide on this thread - any ideas what post number?

Here's a recent one that was posted on the buy thread.
    Link corrected thanks to Allyall

Basically, you need to download files, transfer to Msd card, and then to box via a reset. This is the easiest and quickest way to get you up and running with a simple Android & FTA setup setup. You will find everything in the link above.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭randombar

Anyone going the openelec tvheadend oscam route?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Anyone going the openelec tvheadend oscam route?

I did. Have it working now, not perfectly but good enough seeing as how much effort I put into it. To be honest, I've no idea what Oscam is doing (think I know what it's supposed to do) but it is running. I hadn't a clue about any of this last week but if you're looking for advice I can tell you how I fumbled along :D

Lads, now that I have my Sat channels running on Openelec with tvheadend, what do I need to do to get Saorview?

• Advertisement

Anybody looking to setup TVHeadend and scan Satellite DVB-S/S2 channels should have a look at the following forum entry/youtube video

http://forum.kodicommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=378

jakdublin wrote: »
    I did. Have it working now, not perfectly but good enough seeing as how much effort I put into it. To be honest, I've no idea what Oscam is doing (think I know what it's supposed to do) but it is running. I hadn't a clue about any of this last week but if you're looking for advice I can tell you how I fumbled along :D

Lads, now that I have my Sat channels running on Openelec with tvheadend, what do I need to do to get Saorview?

Oscam's not working.. :)

For Saorview you need a DVB-T/T2 Tuner.

You should find one by reading through this - http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/5341/list-of-supported-tuners

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Allyall wrote: »

confused now (again!!!)
    Those files Allyall pointed to are V1.1.5 whereas the files dodzy points to are V1.1.6
    Should I just go with the newer version?

This yolk really needs a sticky post with details for the options :P

confused now (again!!!)
    Those files Allyall pointed to are V1.1.5 whereas the files dodzy points to are V1.1.6

I'm on 1.1.5. Never updated to 1.1.6. No issues whatsoever.

confused now (again!!!)

Agreed, maybe dodzy could edit some of the important stuff into his post #1 if time allows him? Though I think you only have 30 days to do that after posting, I'm sure a mod would do it for us, if it means finding more important stuff easier for folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭wiz569

Has anybody managed to upgrade OpenElec on nand from 5.0.8, every time I try I just get black/blue even orange screen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

wiz569 wrote:
    Has anybody managed to upgrade OpenElec on nand from 5.0.8, every time I try I just get black/blue even orange screen

Yeah I upgraded to version 6 but the time on kodi went back to 1970...

Yeah I upgraded to version 6 but the time on kodi went back to 1970...

Which way did you upgrade and is this on the nand not SD card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

wiz569 wrote:
    Which way did you upgrade and is this on the nand not SD card?

I done it through the openelec section on the main menu in kodi. I done it on the nand

I done it through the openelec section on the main menu in kodi. I done it on the nand

Hmm that doesnt even work for me,just sits there mocking me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Allyall wrote: »
    Oscam's not working.. :)

For Saorview you need a DVB-T/T2 Tuner.

You should find one by reading through this - http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/5341/list-of-supported-tuners

Oscam is working just fine. Using it with DVB-S2 and TVheadend. You don't need a DVB-T if you combine it with the right bouquet and Oscam. Not allowed to discuss the how here but You-Tube is your friend.

manster wrote: »
    Oscam is working just fine. Using it with DVB-S2 and TVheadend. You don't need a DVB-T if you combine it with the right bouquet and Oscam. Not allowed to discuss the how here but You-Tube is your friend.

Thanks, I meant in the post I quoted.
    If he has none of the channels he's looking for then he most likely doesn't have oscam working.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

manster wrote: »

I was up all night last night with this, I'd say it was 95% the way there but I gave up and flashed the box to Android.

Think I might give it another try later but just can't find oscam settings anywhere.

Got to wait till me head stops melting though..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Cocoon wrote: »
    I was up all night last night with this, I'd say it was 95% the way there but I gave up and flashed the box to Android.

Think I might give it another try later but just can't find oscam settings anywhere.

Got to wait till me head stops melting though..

what all do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

tommycahir wrote: »
    Anybody looking to setup TVHeadend and scan Satellite DVB-S/S2 channels should have a look at the following forum entry/youtube video

http://forum.kodicommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=378

Was trying to follow this guide http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=78286 and had a look at the Youtube video, but I only show one ''TV adaptor' on the TVheadend GUI ??

Just wondering if I have missed out on 'enabling' the second one somewhere ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

For anyone like me who uses the box as a tvheadend server as well as for Kodi, but is plagued by people constantly turning the box off, when it needs to be left on for recordings, the most useful tip/trick that I can add to this is:

Stick some insulating tape over the infrared light on the remote!! The power button works via infrared, but all the others don't. I presume they work by RF.

So by doing this, the power button becomes non-functional, meaning no more headaches of missed recordings by people turning it off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

So I updated to Android - details and steps below for anyone that wants to do it as the online videos and instructions seem to not be done for the real noobs and dummies!!
    1. Download files from here and unzip to your desktop for example.
      https://mega.nz/#!YFkCUAZD!NUkYzYdtu_qiUHws71tsSaHfHTW_xwgOUkVm97dR PlI
    2. Open WeTek OS v1.1.5 folder and then the 1.1.5 folder
    3. Copy DB-J648-wetek-ota-2015-07-15_12-47-40.zip and factory_update_param.aml and recovery.img files and put them on a formated (FAT32) Micro SD card
    4. Turn off and take out the power line to your Wetek box
    5. insert Micro SD Card to the Wetek
    6. Turn Box upside down and use a pin to push in the reset button (tiny and hard to see)
    7. while depressing the reset button with the pin you need to put the power cord back in to the Wetek
    8. keep holding the reset button until the Wetek logo pops up on your TV
    9. let go reset button and the Wetek will display Android updating
    10. it will take 5/10 mins to update and then you have Android on the Wetek
    11. If you want to update to the latest version of android go in to Apps and there is an OTA update there that will update the box automatically to the latest verion (1.1.6)

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Any advantage of going the tvbackend / Oscam route vs Wetek Theatre? Other than the likes of configuring tvbackend / Oscam to work with a Sky sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Basq wrote: »
    Any advantage of going the tvbackend / Oscam route vs Wetek Theatre? Other than the likes of configuring tvbackend / Oscam to work with a Sky sub.

Was planning on trying a few different things myself to see, but have not got the TvBackend/Oscam up and running yet!!

For regular users who want simple hassle-free FTA TV & Android, then Wetek Android is the far easier option. Bionic Rashers tut 2 posts up covers it in very easy to follow steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭randombar

dodzy wrote: »
    For regular users who want simple hassle-free FTA TV & Android, then Wetek Android is the far easier option. Bionic Rashers tut 2 posts up covers it in very easy to follow steps.

Would Kodi run "better" off openelec rather than as an app within android? I would think so but I could be very wrong.

Also any way of creating a backup image of openelec once you have one set up and copying it to another?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

dodzy wrote: »
    Yeah, I have it LiveTV up-and-running using Wetek Theatre but I see plenty of mentions of Oscam and TVBackEnd / TVHeadEnd etc and was just wondering what's the real advantage - as seems to be a lot more work involved from looking at tutorials etc.

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Would Kodi run "better" off openelec rather than as an app within android? I would think so but I could be very wrong.

Also any way of creating a backup image of openelec once you have one set up and copying it to another?

Yes you are better to run kodi off openelec as openelec is a light weight linux os designed to only run kodi whereas android will have alot of other process running in backgroud eating up cpu and ram

You can backup your kodi install using the following method:
    http://www.koditips.com/how-to-backup-kodi-and-restore-on-another-device/

there are few other options but this is the one I use to copy by "build" to restore at later time or to family and friends machines.
    note if restoring to family or friends machines you may need to remove thumbnails to reduce size, paid subscriptions addons/lists and compress as a zip file.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

Thanks BionicRasher I have being trying to load android for a day or so kept getting errors on downloads I tried your download worked straight away now have android and i will put openelec and Kodi on micro sd Thanks again

• Advertisement

Yeah, I have it LiveTV up-and-running using Wetek Theatre but I see plenty of mentions of Oscam and TVBackEnd / TVHeadEnd etc and was just wondering what's the real advantage - as seems to be a lot more work involved from looking at tutorials etc.
    Well I'm sure Basq knows what 'Oscam advocators' are potentially up to ;)

Advertisement