Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

htsp client lost is what i get

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

htsp client lost is what i get

Follow this guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KWwlzVPXrM

i have tvheadend enabled whats the other?is it the vdr vnsi client

you need to have 2 installed a front end and a back end, one is called simply tvheadend the other is tvheadend htsp client. Make sure vdr vnsi client is disabled, once you install the other tvheadend one, that should get you to the web intercase then.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Strangely... I just can't see tvbackend in the OpenELEC Unofficial Repo.

Have updated OpenELEC to latest (v6) and refreshed repos.

All I see under Add-ons -> OpenELEC Unofficial Repo - > Services is:

- boblightd
    - imon-mce
    - sundtek-mediatv
    - VDR PVR Backend

Oh, and anyone else having issues in keeping time synced? Have added ie.pool.ntp.org as a NTP Server but time seems to be lost on restart. Wonder is it related to the option to "establish network connection before launching Kodi" I saw elsewhere?

Basq wrote: »
    Strangely... I just can't see tvbackend in the OpenELEC Unofficial Repo.

Have updated OpenELEC to latest (v6) and refreshed repos.

All I see under Add-ons -> OpenELEC Unofficial Repo - > Services is:

- boblightd
    - imon-mce
    - sundtek-mediatv
    - VDR PVR Backend

Oh, and anyone else having issues in keeping time synced? Have added ie.pool.ntp.org as a NTP Server but time seems to be lost on restart. Wonder is it related to the option to "establish network connection before launching Kodi" I saw elsewhere?

Thats odd I have aobut 10 -12 things there, try reboot?

• Advertisement

Thats odd I have aobut 10 -12 things there, try reboot?
    Yeah, have tried reboot 2-3 times now.

It is weird.

you need to have 2 installed a front end and a back end, one is called simply tvheadend the other is tvheadend htsp client. Make sure vdr vnsi client is disabled, once you install the other tvheadend one, that should get you to the web intercase then.
    ya im on the web intercase now cheers but now the muxes wont scan ffs.what do i need to do now.thanks for helping also.scan result failed

ya im on the web intercase now cheers but now the muxes wont scan ffs.what do i need to do now.thanks for helping also.scan result failed

Sat or terrestrial? I can't help for Sat.

Sat or terrestrial? I can't help for Sat.
    sat...why cant this be simple lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Planning on setting this up at weekend.. but instead of repeatedly plugging out my coaxial to my (still active for now) Sky box.. would picking up one of these (spotted in Dealz) and getting two small lengths of coaxial do the job!

51ghB2UXl1L._SY300_.jpg

I think it will, but does your Skybox have a loop out ? If it does you should just be able to put a co-ax lead from the loop out to your Wetek. You will need to turn off the Skybox for the loop out to work.

I think the F splitter will work as well, once you don't want to watch different channels on both at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

sat...why cant this be simple lol

It is simple...............once you know how!!:D

I don't know how either though as have not had time to start messing with the box properly yet.

eamonnq wrote: »
    It is simple...............once you know how!!:D

I don't know how either though as have not had time to start messing with the box properly yet.
    lol well if anyone does know please talk me thru it thanks for helping me this far:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭wiz569

lol well if anyone does know please talk me thru it thanks for helping me this far:)

Once you have got as far as doing the scan try rebooting the box first,I know when i was doing it i had to reboot a few times to get it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Do both tuners show up in adapters? Mine didn't for ages and I don't no why. Also if you only have one sat cable connected make sure it's receiving signal mine defaulted to having "tuner1" working and not tuner0.

Also make sure you've actually clicked 'enable' on astra after you add it

Yeah, have tried reboot 2-3 times now.

It is weird.

Uninstall VDR front and back reboot see and what's there then

batistuta9 wrote: »
    i think for that you'll need to set them manually.
    on the web interface you create a tag & add it to the channels, so a pain in the ...

i think i've seen that there's scripts that'll do it but i haven't really looked into it more, i can remember the important channel numbers.

the only channel tags i've left enabled is the bouquet & hdtv find it handy

I've edited all these now rearranged channels as well as adding tags in much better now.

Is your EPG loading from the channels menu? Only some of my channels load to show me what's on right now, any ideas on how to fix that? Seems to all display in epg itself

Edit : also just realised I can add channels to favourites and use the "star" button on the remote to access the menu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Really struggling here with this box.

I have downloaded and flashed the box so it now starts in Wetek OS v1.1.6
    I firstly tried to set up the box, connected to wifi, signed into google, opened Wetek Threater. Scanned all the satellite channels, found then, saved them. When I rebooted the box I was straight back at the welcome screen. its like the box didn't remember the set up.

Then I went to install Netflix, it said there was no storage left. No way could it have used the 4GB memory on jus the install?

Any ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Stayed up late lastnight to try to get this going but its a bit of a head wreck.

Got VDR stuff disabled and enabled the 2 TVHeadend add ons and I can see the TV option in Kodi.

Muddled my way through TVHeadend (via the :9981 page on PC) it scanned over 300 channels and seemed to be doings its business. So I let it run overnight

However....turned on the TV this morning and I get a warning in Kodi to say 'No PVR Clients have been started yet....etc' and I no longer see the TV tab in Kodi. (from previous Kodi experience this seems to be something that is a bit hit and miss and maybe I am doing something wrong as it seemed to work sometimes and not others)

How does TVHeadend store the info? I tried to 'log in' on the TVHeadend portal and it wouldnt allow a log in so I am wondering how it stores all my preferences etc.
    I dont want to have to be running my PC in the background to have it store preferences as that kind of pointless

I will give it some more time over the next few days but I am thinking of going the Android route and seeing if thats a bit more friendly (Kodi kind of wrecks my head as you need to tinker with it constantly I feel)

Also might look at the PBNigma and I presume all you need to do is put that on an SD card and it will boot in to that

One of the add on's has been disabled , had that a few times, just re-enable it, should be ok, do it from Add On's - My Add On's All and you should be able to see both side by side there and see if one is disabled.

Ok this is for DVT-B no idea if it will work for satellite, but maybe worth a shot for those having trouble.

When you go to add a network pick DVB-T, moving on give it a name, whatever you want. Uncheck skip initial scan, in the pre-defined muxes drop down choose 'Generic : Auto Detect' this will scan absolutely everything just like a TV would when you set it up. It will take ages, but it solved my problem of being able to get Saorview but not UK stations.

You will have a lot of unknown or not working channels, so what I did was make a note of the the muxes that did find something BBC News etc etc, delete everything add just re-add mux using the info from the ones that returned results.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Etnies wrote: »
    I've edited all these now rearranged channels as well as adding tags in much better now.

Is your EPG loading from the channels menu? Only some of my channels load to show me what's on right now, any ideas on how to fix that? Seems to all display in epg itself

Edit : also just realised I can add channels to favourites and use the "star" button on the remote to access the menu

no it was hit & miss, same in the guide. the time was even off occasionally defaulting back to 1970.

anyway try this, in the config for tvheadend addon. the xmltv setting
    set xmltv config to file
    location: /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.tvheadend/epggrab/config

wipe the data then in the live tv settings of kodi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I've been having problems with tvheadend as well but I'm back up and running now. I was messing with settings in the web interface, trying to set up tabs, bouquets etc, and when I went back to the frontend on the tv the client had just stopped working. I tried to enable it again but it just kept coming up with a fail message. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, anything I could think of with no luck. Ended up doing a reset of the box and starting from scratch. I've been tinkering about with it for a few days and found the best guide here:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=78286
    You'll need to register to see the images but it takes you through the set-up really clearly and as it's UK based, the satellite settings are the same.

On a separate note, I've something I can't figure out or find on Google. It seems like a simple problem to me but any possible solutions I've come across are fairly complicated for me and involve messing about in areas I'm not really comfortable with yet.

When I record live tv with TVHeadend I'd like the recordings to go to a hard drive I've attached to the box. How do I do this? I can see in the web interface that the default is /storage/recordings. Do I do something there or do I need to change storage settings in Kodi and how do I do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭batistuta9

when you get those fail messages or similar (it's not working or even after changing settings in the web ui) go to the live tv settings and clear data.

no just find out the the mount point of your hdd in kodi, you should see it in system info
    it'll be var/media/your hdd name
    just add that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

when you get those fail messages or similar (it's not working or even after changing settings in the web ui) go to the live tv settings and clear data.

That sounds like something that could work. Cheers.
    no just find out the the mount point of your hdd in kodi, you should see it in system info
    it'll be var/media/your hdd name
    just add that

And thanks for that. I'll try it when I get home.

One thing I can't seem to find elsewhere..

Anyone give me an rough idea of video size (obviously depending on quality of stream) when recording? As in, what's approximately one minute of video on a HD stream?

Anyone give me an rough idea of video size (obviously depending on quality of stream) when recording? As in, what's approximately one minute of video on a HD stream?

I haven't tried on this but on a few other boxes I used approx was 1gb per hour give or take.

OT: don't use quick reply and you won't double post. there must be a gremlin in the works on the site somewhere, seeing it everywhere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

Lads,

With this box is there a setup / addon where you can have the same epg/channel numbers as what you would have on sky etc?

OK TVHeadend and Kodi is a pain in the whole - cant get Live TV running at all. It works with the VDR PVR but not TVHeadend
    Going to go the flash Android option and see what that looks like

Any body have a noobs guide how to flash Android (and I mean noobs guide as I dont have a clue!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Look a page back for the guide for android.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Look a page back for the guide for android.

Sorry I must be blind as I cant find any Android guide on this thread - any ideas what post number?

Advertisement