Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in California

Options

Comments

Reports of more shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,696 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

They all want to ride on the big bomby saver

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

They've brought in a cool mobile Shield on a bulldozer to check out the SUV.

They're saying theres a wounded suspect with a gun inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

"Onlookers" according to CNN have to be moved back. WTF. A lunatic could be on the loose with an AK47 and there are people standing around onlooking. Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Its close enough
    50 miles apparently.

Very active situation,
    If the think there is bomb in vehicle, then they don't seem to be too worried, EOD vehicle approaching, car either end of SUV.
    If someone still alive in SUV then police are not showing any sign of it.

• Advertisement

Shots reported near "Amazon". Might refer to the Amazon warehouse there. Reddit says an Amazon fulfillment centre.

Image showing cops closing in on SUV. http://imgur.com/VNixS8k

They're advising people to the rear of a church where there's someone in clothes matching the suspect. To a shed.

Scanner just mentioned a suspicious person has been seen in a car in a white mask.

User messaging contributors to Reddit thread:

"hey man, I am in the amazon building at 1910 E central and our employees in the parking lot heard the gunshots and ran inside. We are just on the other side of the wash of the SUV and it aligned with the times of that, but no shots at amazon itself"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Curious tweet...sounds less like IS and more like...angry white men perhaps. Who knows.

https://twitter.com/RickSerranoLAT/status/672197903037939713
    Calif shooting: Fed law enf. official says they believe one man angrily left meeting; returned with “one or two” others; started shooting.

Bomb Guys are using some kind of hook to probe into the SUV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

Superhorse wrote: »
    "Onlookers" according to CNN have to be moved back. WTF. A lunatic could be on the loose with an AK47 and there are people standing around onlooking. Idiots.

There was a shooting down the street from me when I was in New York. I was supposed to meet up with someone and had to pass the scene on the way, and you wouldn't believe the amount of people crowding around with camera phones, with the police having to tell them time and again to stay back. Eejits.

beks101 wrote: »
    Curious tweet...sounds less like IS and more like...angry white men perhaps. Who knows.

Some kind of professional hit perhaps?

• Advertisement

beks101 wrote: »

https://twitter.com/RickSerranoLAT/status/672197903037939713

I would have guessed at domestic terrorism, tbh. Just doesn't seem like an IS situation at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Some kind of professional hit perhaps?

Possibly, drug gang maybe?

They just pulled a body (looked like a body) out of the SUV. Using the mobile shield and a hook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

PressRun wrote: »
    I would have guessed at domestic terrorism, tbh. Just doesn't seem like an IS situation at all.

Have ISIS ever been part of a terrorist attack in the US?

Most of the time it's white gun owner or their child doing the shooting, more than likely its the same thing.

Hispanic male, shaved head, orange shirt, camo pants. Police are trying to apprehend on East Briar Dr.

Guess what. Not ISIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Bomb Guys are using some kind of hook to probe into the SUV.
    They may be removing second body. Very unclear what they are doing, with vehicle or other body, reporters saying same.

One reporter said it is is an area with a lot of problems, gang trouble. City recently bankrupt..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Amazing kit to be just available. How often would they need a shield like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

Hispanic male, shaved head, orange shirt, camo pants. Police are trying to apprehend on East Briar Dr.

Guess what. Not ISIS.

If ISIS do hit the mainland america it will be a big hit. But they may not bother, as the Americans seem to be doing a pretty good job themselves.

Have ISIS ever been part of a terrorist attack in the US?

Most of the time it's white gun owner or their child doing the shooting, more than likely its the same thing.

Don't think they have, no. It seems like Europe is the focus of IS fury at the moment, rather than the US. It has seemed like domestic terrorism is more of an issue for the Americans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

PressRun wrote: »

100% not ISIS related i'd say. We'd have heard by now from one of the survivors if they shouting alans snack bar or by their appearance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,726 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This is why the whole "Let's take back the spare ex-military armored vehicles from the police" thing that's been going on recently is stupid. People keep asking "Why does this town or that town need an armored vehicle? It's not New York or LA". The problem is that these things don't just happen in New York or LA, as this incident shows.

Well they shouldn't be regular patrol vehicles either. They need to be specific to SWAT. And besides it wasn't a BearCat in Fergusson people took gumption with, it was a somewhat larger MRAP, seen in a lot of youtube just cruising around the streets like a beat car.

wil wrote: »
    50 miles apparently.

Well not really.

LA and San Bernadino counties are neighbours. Remember there's the City of LA and then there's LA County.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Guess what. Not ISIS.

How disappointing for some on this thread ;)

Until we know exactly what kind of meeting it was that was attacked its going to be hard to pin down the motive.

I heard it was some kind of local government meeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Drug gang operating prescription from the treatment centre ?

Police are now trying to clear parking structures. Police scanner is requesting for air support. Moving east over walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

Amazingfun wrote: »

And possibly a large part of certain right leaning US news channels. Their only saving grace is that they are allegedly hispanic, so while not white, not the right type of not white.

Until we know exactly what kind of meeting it was that was attacked its going to be hard to pin down the motive.

I heard it was some kind of local government meeting.

I read some people on Twitter mentioning militia organisations, but I don't know how reliable that would even be, to be fair.

Amazingfun wrote: »

And for others that he's not white

Important point- he killed 14 ppl. That may trump the colour of his skin either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

And possibly a large part of certain right leaning US news channels. Their only saving grace is that they are allegedly hispanic, so while not white, not the right type of not white.

:confused: what? What news channel has said anything of the sort?

Advertisement