Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in California

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

The mental equivalent of a fuccking happy meal in fairness when you consider how many mass shootings have occurred this year (this WEEK, even) in the USA vs the same in France.

Cop on.

Its a deep seated cultural issue, Sure the police in America this year have probably shot and killed more people than the entire EU police forces have done in the last what 10 years ?

Obama: People on no fly list can buy a firearm, nothing we can do to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

12 people confirmed dead it seems.

For newcomers to the thread - Reddit Live thread for those interested. It is a newsfeed updated with real time notifications.

Obama: People on no fly list can buy a firearm, nothing we can do to stop it.

Hang on. People who are a threat and identified by authorities can still buy guns ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

13:50 Police request again for golf officials to CLEAR THE COURSE. Golfers are still on the course adjacent to the incident.

This is the 2nd time, WTF is wrong with people?

Seemingly golfers on a nearby course, adjacent to the first incident, are refusing to finish their games despite multiple orders from authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

News conference live now, on Euro News

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Seemingly golfers on a nearby course, adjacent to the first incident, are refusing to finish their games despite multiple orders from authorities.

Maybe with a few hundred cops about they feel safe enough.

White male being reported in military fatigues by train tracks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Maybe with a few hundred cops about they feel safe enough.

Despite the fact bullets can travel miles?

Why no comments on what the meeting was about in the conference room.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

FBI:don't know if it is terrorism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Jinonatron wrote: »
    I would just like to point out this to those who will inevitably bash America's gun policy and call for gun control.

France was a gun free zone 3 weeks ago during the attacks. Food for thought.

Yes, but Mass shootings in America seem to be a weekly occurrence.

A vehicle in the golf course with multiple weapons inside being reported over the police scanner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Why no comments on what the meeting was about in the conference room.

Oh, for goodness sake. Let them sort out the live situation before pandering to voyeuristic curiosity.

Oh, for goodness sake. Let them sort out the live situation before pandering to voyeuristic curiosity.

So, One thinks the meeting that was the target has no bearing on this ? Nothing voyeuristic about it at all.

So, One thinks the meeting that was the target has no bearing on this ? Nothing voyeuristic about it at all.

Maybe tracking down gunmen on the loose is more important....though I do hope they capture them alive....as there has to be more than wanting to go down famous as a reason for mass shootings

No motive is known. The shooters said nothing throughout, according to witnesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

This is unpossible. California already has some of the most restrictive gun laws, and only tightened them even more a couple of weeks ago.

Restrictive is a relative term. Also, the US is made up of 50 states with differing gun policies. I live in Arizona...I've driven to CA lots of times. Pretty easy for me to get a gun and drive over to CA. Ditto for somebody to drive over from CA and drive back with a gun.

People like to point to Chicago and say, look at that homicide rate and they have the most restrictive gun laws. Yeah and Michigan and Wisconsin have pretty lax gun laws. CA is by Nevada and Arizona, both of which have lax gun laws.

And again it's all relative because even the restrictive places aren't restrictive enough, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Jinonatron wrote: »
    I would just like to point out this to those who will inevitably bash America's gun policy and call for gun control.

France was a gun free zone 3 weeks ago during the attacks. Food for thought.

That's why mass shootings are considerably less frequent in France.

No motive is known. The shooters said nothing throughout, according to witnesses.

Ok, Can we get an update if one is reported from other sources I'm only looking at this hate Reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Copper is very rattled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

The reporters at the Press Conference are ridiculously annoying.

The questions they are asking are in a tone that the Police Chief is lying and supposedly withholding information. He is obviously being careful with what he is saying to avoid causing unnecessary panic.

Also one reporter for some small network basically asked the police chief "Hey i'm from KGBL4 blah blah, we're late, we only set up our live stream now, can you just repeat all the things you said about the thing cos we missed it?"

Ok, Can we get an update if one is reported from other sources I'm only looking at this hate Reddit.

The Reddit Live thread is different though. This is a screenshot of what you see there, so it's a lot less cluttered than the normal Reddit.

I'll continue posting updates here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

On the City-data forums nice to know the gun control debate once again has begun enthusiastically.
    I'll tell the leftist liberals right now that we will NEVER give up our guns. It just is NOT going to happen. The majority of military, veterans, and police feel the same way.

To my fellow patriots: Lock and load!!!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/2490980-mass-shooting-san-bernardino-reportedly-20-a-24.html

Think that guy could only be a Trump supporter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Michael Moore just posted on Twitter that there's another shooting incident underway at a women's clinic in Houston, Texas. Not seen it from a traditional news source yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

On the City-data forums nice to know the gun control debate once again has begun enthusiastically.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/2490980-mass-shooting-san-bernardino-reportedly-20-a-24.html

Think that guy could only be a Trump supporter.

But they will never give up their guns try and take them off them and there will be civil war

Pointless debate

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Nothing will be done.
    Nothing will change.
    Best get yourself down
    To the ol' Gun Range.

• Advertisement

Whosthis wrote: »
    Michael Moore just posted on Twitter that there's another shooting incident underway at a women's clinic in Houston, Texas. Not seen it from a traditional news source yet.

Jesus...hope there not related

Advertisement