Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in California

Options

Comments

Whosthis wrote: »
    Michael Moore just posted on Twitter that there's another shooting incident underway at a women's clinic in Houston, Texas. Not seen it from a traditional news source yet.

Can't find anything else about that, but there is reports of another shooting at a military base in Albuquerque in New Mexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Ah Christian terrorists on the rampage. The only type the USA has. Lucky them eh?
    jaykay74 wrote: »
    Could be christian terrorists again. Didn't they shoot up an abortion clinic a few days back?

Seen this phrase pop up quite a bit over the past few days. Some people seem to be genuinely happy they can bring Christianity into this despite no evidence at all to the motives of these shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

On the City-data forums nice to know the gun control debate once again has begun enthusiastically.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/2490980-mass-shooting-san-bernardino-reportedly-20-a-24.html

Think that guy could only be a Trump supporter.

A Breitbart reader too, no doubt

"People are not being told to stay indoors, just to be vigilant. We have suspects at large but we have absolutely no idea where they are." - Sgt. Vicki Cervantes, a San Bernardino City Police spokeswoman

Reuters

Wow, they really have no idea where they've gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Can't find anything else about that, but there is reports of another shooting at a military base in Albuquerque in New Mexico.

One dead, two detained, no other info. http://abc13.com/1107084/

Unsurprisingly it may have been Michael Moore making it out to be something more than it was.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Hang on. People who are a threat and identified by authorities can still buy guns ?

Yep.

Here's the thing, though. If they had actually done anything illegal, they'd be arrested. They are on the 'pay attention to' list. One does not lose Constitutional rights because you cause people concern.
    Wompa1 wrote: »
    Restrictive is a relative term. Also, the US is made up of 50 states with differing gun policies. I live in Arizona...I've driven to CA lots of times. Pretty easy for me to get a gun and drive over to CA. Ditto for somebody to drive over from CA and drive back with a gun.

People like to point to Chicago and say, look at that homicide rate and they have the most restrictive gun laws. Yeah and Michigan and Wisconsin have pretty lax gun laws. CA is by Nevada and Arizona, both of which have lax gun laws.

And again it's all relative because even the restrictive places aren't restrictive enough, in my opinion.

Well, that's it, really, isn't it? A matter of opinion.

The guns are out there. In restrictive states or not. What, 220 million or so of them? Even if they went Australian and told everyone to hand them in and there was equivalent compliance, that's still over 50million out and about (And no chance of that happening anyway). Policy needs to be undertaken with the knowledge that the firearms are available and will be encountered.

Given I live in the California Bay Area, I may not be armed courtesy of the policies of the local Sheriff. I am unsure as to how this makes me any safer in the US than someone in Arizona (Or Modesto County) who may be, given the proliferation of weapons, and people willing to break plenty of laws to use them.

Video of police storming original site of incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

RIP to all the innocent people who lost their lives in yet another shocking attack in America. Devastating.

One thing that strikes me is how people are scared now to travel to places like France and Belgium, while America is somehow perceived to be safer despite the continuous mass muders. I don't know how many times a month I get a news alert stating "10 killed in US" or "15 killed in US murders". How many of these do I get about France and Belgium?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Carnacalla wrote: »
    RIP to all the innocent people who lost their lives in yet another shocking attack in America. Devastating.

One thing that strikes me is how people are scared now to travel to places like France and Belgium, while America is somehow perceived to be safer despite the continuous mass muders. I don't know how many times a month I get a news alert stating "10 killed in US" or "15 killed in US murders". How many of these do I get about France and Belgium?

The Tragedy is An American in America is infinitely more lightly to be shot by another American rather than any terrorist. Via law enforcement criminals or random mass shootings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

Cops saying the suspects could be in the building or miles away, they have no idea. Sounds like a bit of a mess, tbh.

Individual armed with a rifle & wearing camo pants spotted

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Orangebrigade

ISIS attack.

ISIS attack.

I'm sure one has proof ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

ISIS attack.

Proof? Link?

Or just the usual racism?

The Tragedy is An American in America is infinitely more lightly to be shot by another American rather than any terrorist. Via law enforcement criminals or random mass shootings.

Have a look at this, http://shootingtracker.com/ , its nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭La Fenetre

Individual armed with a rifle & wearing camo pants spotted

That narrows it down to about half of America

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Proof? Link?

Why is that racist?

"Group using conference center was San Bernardino County Department of Public Health; holding a holiday event" - Reuters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

ISIS attack.

No

No its not

• Advertisement

Proof? Link?

I don't think racism means what you think it means.

Why ? Is ISIL a white majority Christian terrorist group or ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

weird.. Thats kind spot on

Pursuit of black SUV underway.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,696 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Pointless killing of innocent people
    The motives are never justified

weird.. Thats kind spot on

See my problem is just jumping to ISIL, Now if the people were shouting Religious slogans then fair enough.

Speeds being reported of up to 80mph in the pursuit.

Cops involved in pursuit are discussing over the dispatch.

I think they may have just said that there are gunshots. Yep. Gunshots out back window. You can hear the gunshots now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Pursuit of black SUV underway.

Careful now. You could be accused of racism.
    Or vehicleism.
    Or somethingism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

Proof? Link?

Are you defending ISIS's honour. Are you upset that he could suspect ISIS of carrying out a mass shooting. Very strange position to take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Fleawuss wrote: »
    Careful now. You could be accused of racism.
    Or vehicleism.
    Or somethingism.

Vehicleism

:D:D:D

Advertisement