Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 PDC World Darts Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Those dance moves were poor standard

Not quite the worst. There will always be Tony Fleet pissed out of his mind at the Lakeside.

I love watching it, never gets old

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

jamesbere wrote: »
    I love watching it, never gets old

Top class skills at the 6:00 mark. Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

Jesus he was tanked it would take a lot to get that man loaded with the size of him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Top class skills at the 6:00 mark. Brilliant

Love his little ali shuffle moment at 2:57... "here we go tony old boy".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

Not quite the worst. There will always be Tony Fleet pissed out of his mind at the Lakeside.

fleet against wolfie was epic, tony green trying to make all kinds of excuses for him, he did qualify a few previously for the pdc wc as well , I think the new format for the pre-lim qualifiers is fairer , best of 3 sets gives them a good chance to settle in,

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Christmas wouldn't be the same without the dart! Looking forward to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,861 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

McGowan was unlucky. Webster managed to raise his game at crucial times

paulie21 wrote: »

He had chances in the first two sets, hopefully it will give him confidence going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Pretty dismal stuff this afternoon bar Kist who was ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,534 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Mvg outright enhanced to 11/8 on PP messenger app. Max 25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭etoughguy

I've watched that Anthony Fleet game a few times over the years, I feel sorry for the guy, saw it live at the time
    At least he had the bottle (no pun intended) to go up and give it a go id be so nervous id hit the score keeper with my first arrow

Haha the cube, very appropriate Nickname

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

paulie21 wrote: »

I dont think McGowan was unlucky...he played fairly poorly at times. He was in the 1's and 5's and 7's and 3's way too often and then couldn't finish when he had the chance. Webster was clinical enough and the experience on the big stage showed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

This long name guy is comical!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Is anyone else this? I've never seen anything like it in my life!

I hope he wins so we can see more of this against MVG

He can't bloody add

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

I've laughed too much watching this game

I reckon the German isn't too bad, just nervous

• Advertisement

66 average and 14% on checkouts plays 71 average with 21% checkouts.

Can't get worse can it?

Might be worth considering a game of Shanghai to decide these prelim matches

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

This is my first year catching the very early rounds. Are they usually this bad/nervous?

Looks a little worse than usual to me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

This is a comedy show! Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Thank God that match is over.
    Funny stuff.

The standard can be pretty good in prelim games but that was certainly the worst I can ever remember!

Holy christ that was so bad it was laughable

This is my first year catching the very early rounds. Are they usually this bad/nervous?

Always get a mish mash of abilities in the prelims, Devon Peterson made round 2 proper a year or 2 back. The Asian lads are often way off the mark, although there was a Japanese lad a few years back that was great entertainment.

In all seriousness, playing best of 3 sets is far better than the first to 4 legs crapshoot the preliminary guys had to tolerate before this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

KevIRL wrote: »
    Always get a mish mash of abilities in the prelims, Devon Peterson made round 2 proper a year or 2 back. The Asian lads are often way off the mark, although there was a Japanese lad a few years back that was great entertainment.

In all seriousness, playing best of 3 sets is far better than the first to 4 legs crapshoot the preliminary guys had to tolerate before this year.

3 sets is definitely better. Mardle reckons its too long but its only 15 legs max if they don't have to win by two in the last.

Travelling half way round the world for a first to 4 leg match seems almost disrespectful.

Advertisement