Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 PDC World Darts Championship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Will upc have sky sports darts. It's replacing the f1 channel on sky and upc never had that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,325 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Will upc have sky sports darts. It's replacing the f1 channel on sky and upc never had that.

Earlier in the month Sky said all sessions will also be live on one of the regular stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Thornton @66/1. Is there something I'm missing or is that very generous. On opposite side to MVG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

paulie21 wrote:
    Thornton @66/1. Is there something I'm missing or is that very generous. On opposite side to MVG

Could not believe that when I saw it yesterday, I assumed he was playing MvG early on.. Worth a punt the man only beat MvG in a major final 2 months ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Wade looks like the value & best bet for me based on current form & draw

13/5 to win his quarter
    8/1 to reach final
    20/1 to win

Cant see past MVG & thinking do I do a big bet on MVG & small bets on Wade(as above).... Or just MVG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

ComfortKid wrote:
    Could not believe that when I saw it yesterday, I assumed he was playing MvG early on.. Worth a punt the man only beat MvG in a major final 2 months ago

He's always 'sick' though

Mcg has not one a sets based tournament since he last won the world's!! Wow ,hadn't realised that

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

paulie21 wrote: »

He has had a few injuries and illnesses over the last few months so his preparation etc. hasn't been the best.

Article on it here (apologies that it's The Sun!):
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/6808732/Robert-Thornton-the-unluckiest-man-in-darts-ready-for-action-at-the-Ally-Pally.html

Here is tonight's schedule of play along with my highly scientific predictions:

Thursday December 17 (7pm-11pm)
    Andy Boulton 2-0 Per Laursen (P)
    Jamie Lewis 2-3 Daryl Gurney
    Peter Wright 3-0 Keegan Brown
    Gary Anderson 3-0 Boulton/Laurse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Mcg has not one a sets based tournament since he last won the world's!! Wow ,hadn't realised that

Do not be putting that in my head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

ComfortKid wrote: »
    I see the SkySportsDarts channel is up and running on channel 407.
    I was hoping they'd show some new footage from the archive but it's the same games over and over.

afaik as I know you can still watch all the games on the regular ss channels, I was watching some old darts games on yt last night, the 1988 bdo wc games which included highlights of the 1r, 2r qf's etc

There's only two tournaments with the set format and he played in final and semi final of the last two so I wouldn't look in to that too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

Is brown the fella that almost quite and was going back painting and can't preform when on the TV

Took up sky's offer of 20 euro for ss now to get rid of the misses for a bit of peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Kingp35 wrote: »
    He has had a few injuries and illnesses over the last few months so his preparation etc. hasn't been the best.

Article on it here (apologies that it's The Sun!):
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/6808732/Robert-Thornton-the-unluckiest-man-in-darts-ready-for-action-at-the-Ally-Pally.html

Here is tonight's schedule of play along with my highly scientific predictions:

Thursday December 17 (7pm-11pm)
    Andy Boulton 2-0 Per Laursen (P)
    Jamie Lewis 2-3 Daryl Gurney
    Peter Wright 3-0 Keegan Brown
    Gary Anderson 3-0 Boulton/Laurse

I just looked up Per Laursen to see if it was who I thought it was. It was.
    I remember him from other years and the World cup. He's not very good at all.

I may have discovered why he's back though...typing in his name
    the word 'daughter' came up and having a look at her she's a bit on the good looking side.

naughto wrote:
    Is brown the fella that almost quite and was going back painting and can't preform when on the TV

Don't think it's Keegan Brown anyway, he's not a painter and he performs OK on TV, he's just not as good as the top 16 players

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

Smith or Chizzy to go all the way I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,325 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I'm struggling to garner much enthusiasm for the first round, may wait until the second round starts on the 26th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

naughto wrote: »

Took up sky's offer of 20 euro for ss now to get rid of the misses for a bit of peace

I believe you are thinking of Brendan Dolan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

At last it's back on, love the world championship.

Lewis v gurney should be a good match and brown will push Wright but I'm thinking 3-1 to Wright there.

browns a lab tech,and much better than dolan i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Number 17 coming up for The Power.
    Can't wait for it to start, officially Christmas now.

Phil_Taylor_2440481b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

mdwexford wrote: »
    Number 17 coming up for The Power.
    Can't wait for it to start, officially Christmas now.

Phil_Taylor_2440481b.jpg

Secretly hoping he gets beat in the first round by a qualifier and they make him sign the board.

mvg or lewis for me this year,dark horse to go far benito vdp

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Here we go. Hoping the worlds can reignite my grá for the darts. Have really gone off it since citywest

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Brendan Gleeson should win this.

Decent start anyway. Final leg decider

Come on Gurney, hammer those 180s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

KevIRL wrote: »
    Come on Gurney, hammer those 180s

There is something really unlikable about Gurney, he seems very cocky.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Can't stand this Gurney lad with his stupid walk on, comes across as a bit of a dick in interviews too.

C'mon Lewis!

• Advertisement

There is something really unlikable about Gurney, he seems very cocky.

He's great at the T20, but no so good at the doubles. Good start

Advertisement