Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 PDC World Darts Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

Why?

just cant take to him
    find him cocky and arrogant but i suppose when your dominating a sport that tends to happen
    funnily enough his interview after the match last night was refreshinly honest from him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

I was out last night and last checked the scores when MvG was 2-0 up. Figured it was a formality at that stage. Sounds like it was a very good game, although I kinda foreseen it!:pac:
    Degag wrote: »
    I reckon the German isn't too bad, just nervous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

sc86 wrote: »
    just cant take to him
    find him cocky and arrogant but i suppose when your dominating a sport that tends to happen
    funnily enough his interview after the match last night was refreshinly honest from him

I only remember seeing him look bad in an interview once when he criticized Peter Wright. Aside from that he seems fine to me, very driven and competitive but not a condescending prick like Taylor is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,347 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Tonights session is also on SkyOne, may save some of ye having to stream hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Degag wrote: »
    I reckon the German isn't too bad, just nervous
    sc86 wrote: »
    just cant take to him

Have to agree. Find him very arrogant in interviews also and find his attitude on stage a bit OTT aswell. To be fair, he's not the only one and unlike others, he can back it up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Dimitri Van der Burgh is seriously cool. Should have won the first set and dominated since. Could be a really good player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Good darts by Van de bergh. Played well

The Bronzed Adonis goes through. Would love to see him go on a run, but don't think he has the game any more after good runs in events like the Grand Slam about 5 years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

John Part has some gut on him. It rests on his legs when he's sitting down!

gramar wrote: »
    John Part has some gut on him. It rests on his legs when he's sitting down!

Yeah it's shocking, he's ballooned these past few years.

• Advertisement

Tagarao has such a weird way of aiming! puts the dart high above his eyeline, looks up at it and then looks back down to the board for the throw.

Yeah it's shocking, he's ballooned these past few years.

He needs a chair for his gut

Evans second dart nearly hits the board before the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Tonights session is also on SkyOne, may save some of ye having to stream hunt.

Anyone know why it's on Sky 1 and is it tonight only? I love watching darts but wouldn't watch enough to pay for Sky Sports, a nice surprise to find it on. Also Evans making a bit of a comeback here

Blink and you'll miss Evans throw, some speed by him

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Amazing game, final leg

171 nearly followed up by Bull Bull D16

Who's the commentator with Mardle..he's brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

This is some game...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Some match this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Great checkout to finish it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,382 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Maybe the best game of darts I've ever seen, I do only watch the world championships though.

Some comeback, but whitlock will be kicking himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭statto25

Well Done Ricky Evans! What a performance for the second half of that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Great entertainment, standard was decent but not fantastic.

Whitlock really is a buckler now, he would have never lost a game from that position a few years ago. His best days are well behind him now.

I know everyone goes on about Taylor...but have to say Whitlock is the player I just don't like.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Whitlock really is a buckler now, he would have never lost a game from that position a few years ago. His best days are well behind him now.
    mdwexford wrote: »
    Group B
    S Whitlock

I'll just leave this here :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

I know everyone goes on about Taylor...but have to say Whitlock is the player I just don't like.

What.. I dislike a lot of players but I've never heard anyone with anything bad to say about Simon.. Why don't you like him?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

I'll just leave this here

Hahaha

Oh no for ono

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I'll just leave this here :pac:

Haha I thought that quarter of the draw was weak that's why I picked him.

The group b lot aren't doing well so far anyway with Whitlock, White and Huybrechts all out so far.

Advertisement