Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 PDC World Darts Championship

Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Well done to Anderson.
    Unreal achievement to go back to back with the standard now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭blackcard

mdwexford wrote: »
    What planet are you on. The semi finals were 6-0 and Lewis had a 5-0 lead.

This was 7-5 with a 100.23 average and a 99.26.

Are people really expecting better than that in the biggest game with the most pressure in the world.

Also the most 180's ever in the Final. I think we have been spoiled with the standard of darts

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Joins Bristow, Barney and Lewis as the only people to have one i for the first time and successfully defended. Delighted for him.

The Future is bright in the PDC, the coming year will be epic...

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

PL announcement now
    Anderson
    Lewis
    Taylor
    Van Gerwen
    Barney
    Wright
    Smith
    Wade
    Thornton
    Chisnall

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Great Final, delighted for Anderson, 9 darter last night and 170 checkout were epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭statto25

PL announcement now
    Anderson
    Lewis
    Taylor
    Van Gerwen
    Barney
    Wright
    Smith
    Wade
    Thornton
    Chisnall

Great lineup except for Thornton. I just can't warm to that man.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

It's the right line up for the months of boring exhibition darts.

No one can have any complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Expecting an absolute cracker here. Going to go with Anderson 7-5

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Barry Hearn claiming the prem league heading outside of the UK for the first time to Rotterdam:eek:....Dublin still in the UK??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Not a fan of the premier league at all much rather the winter gardens, grand prix, match play etc , I just feel some players go through the motions some weeks in the PL

• Advertisement

mdwexford wrote: »
    It's the right line up for the months of boring exhibition darts.

No one can have any complaints.

I don't even bother with the final. It's just such a booooooooring competition, as you say exhibition stuff really.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MikeSD

PL announcement now
    Anderson
    Lewis
    Taylor
    Van Gerwen
    Barney
    Wright
    Smith
    Wade
    Thornton
    Chisnall

**** off Thornton!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Delighted for Anderson.

He a super player and super winner.

Good final, we saw the brilliant, not so great, weird calculations and great finishes, all in one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Would have liked to see Klaasen replace Thornton.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Torricelli wrote: »

Realy think that he should have. Surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Why don't people like Thornton? (genuine question)

He adds nothing to an already pretty boring competition. He's slow and seems somewhat contrary. Klassens speed of throw would at least complement the quick fire nature of the games. I know you could insert Taylor's name instead of Thornton's, but he's Phil Taylor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Hearn said that it's taken on yearly form and Thornton won the Grand Prix ,Klassens wive expecting in the coming weeks ,would have liked him there ,his form all year wasn't good enough to make it in unfortunately and that's what places are based on

• Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Yeah, unfortunately Thornton was nailed on after the Grand Prix.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Degag wrote: »
    Realy think that he should have. Surprised.

Thornton won the Grand Prix, would have been terrible to leave him out, one of only 3 players to win a televised ranking event in the season.
    Can basically take it as a given that the winners of Grand Prix, Matchplay & Grand Slam will always be in bar exceptional circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Torricelli wrote: »

I don't think MVG would have been too pleased if that had happened. The awkwardness on stage between those two would be off the scale.

He owes me a few cigarettes! He used to play over here in Killarney. He is not the most open of fellows...but he's actually really nice. Had a few pints with him one year. The following year when he landed into the bar in the Gleneagle he spotted me, ran over and hugged me and gave me the whole "I missed you so much" stuff in front of my wife and friends. Gave us all a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

I don't think MVG would have been too pleased if that had happened. The awkwardness on stage between those two would be off the scale.

Whats the problem between them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

he is very inconsistent for the league format plus as someone said here he is annoying to watch seems to be looking for an excuse every time he plays bad , he had an awful year getting knocked out in the first round of nearly every event on tv which is why i think an up and coming player would be better suited to the premier league ahead of him

Don't know if it's true but the various forums all seem to point that the girl Klassen sent the indecent images to was MVGs wife's sister.

http://pdc-darts.co.uk/jelle-klaasen-receives-fine-and-community-service/

The girl in question was Van Gerwen's girlfriend's sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

statto25 wrote: »
    Don't know if it's true but the various forums all seem to point that the girl Klassen sent the indecent images to was MVGs wife's sister.

Who he presumably came across, as it were, through darts? Would be a pretty amazing coincidence otherwise...

Who he presumably came across, as it were, through darts? Would be a pretty amazing coincidence otherwise...

Klaasen and MVG were training partners and friends going back to the time they were starting out in the BDO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Nice to Anderson win it again, brilliant thrower and comes across as likeable as well (not that, that actually matters I know). Long gone are the days when Anderson threw his darts into the Lake at Frimley Green!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Nice to Anderson win it again, brilliant thrower and comes across as likeable as well (not that, that actually matters I know). Long gone are the days when Anderson threw his darts into the Lake at Frimley Green!

I heard in those days, he missed the lake?

;);):) good old Sid.

Advertisement