Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 PDC World Darts Championship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

ComfortKid wrote: »
    What.. I dislike a lot of players but I've never heard anyone with anything bad to say about Simon.. Why don't you like him?

Not trying to answer for Conor here, only myself but I know that he walked out on his wife and kids to hook up with some girl half his age. Now that's not so bad in and of itself but he then sent her a picture of the two of them together to his wife wishing her a Happy New Year. So yeah, bit of a dick thing to do really.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,382 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Not trying to answer for Conor here, only myself but I know that he walked out on his wife and kids to hook up with some girl half his age. Now that's not so bad in and of itself but he then sent her a picture of the two of them together to his wife wishing her a Happy New Year. So yeah, bit of a dick thing to do really.

How hot was the mistress though? That's what really matters here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭statto25

What's wrong with Taylor?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

statto25 wrote: »
    What's wrong with Taylor?

Darts aren't going where he wants them so he's throwing the toys out from the looks of it.

No doubt he'll moan about something in the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Not sure about those new darts, Taylor doesn't look very confident. Maybe just maybe painter might beat him. But it's only first round so can't really judge too much on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Taylor sounded like he was twisted in that interview.

If anyone ever asks me why I don't like Taylor, I'll just show them that interview.

That was a very strange interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

Taylor sounded like he was twisted in that interview.

Was thinking the same thing. Strange interview. Mardle was embarrassing trying desparately not to say anything that might annoy Phil.

Christ that interview was annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Jesus Christ, go read a goss magazine for yourself.

Jesus Christ, go read a goss magazine for yourself.

Don't attack me.

I'm just telling you why I don't have a good opinion of Whitlock. What he did says a lot about his character.

You said you never heard anyone say a bad thing about him but now you have. So what do you do? Have a go at me? Cop yourself on FFS.

What.. I dislike a lot of players but I've never heard anyone with anything bad to say about Simon.. Why don't you like him?

Plenty have bad things to say about Whitlock. I know he has...issues. It's not so much his personal life. But he can be moody and indifferent with fans. Ronnie Baxter, Simon Whitlock and obviously Taylor are well known for being dismissive, refusing to mingle, refusing to give autographs etc. On the other hand you have players like White and Beaton who are pretty much universally liked because they are so friendly. Had the pleasure of having a few drinks with Beaton and can confirm why everyone says he's a gent. And most of them I've met, Van der Voort, Chissy, Osborne, Anderson, Thornton, Wright, Van Gerwen, Hamilton, Dolan...all very nice and approachable.

Plenty have bad things to say about Whitlock. I know he has...issues. It's not so much his personal life. But he can be moody and indifferent with fans. Ronnie Baxter, Simon Whitlock and obviously Taylor are well known for being dismissive, refusing to mingle, refusing to give autographs etc. On the other hand you have players like White and Beaton who are pretty much universally liked because they are so friendly. Had the pleasure of having a few drinks with Beaton and can confirm why everyone says he's a gent. And most of them I've met, Van der Voort, Chissy, Osborne, Anderson, Thornton, Wright, Van Gerwen, Hamilton, Dolan...all very nice and approachable.

And to that list I'd like to add Adrian Lewis, top guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,080 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

And to that list I'd like to add Adrian Lewis, top guy.

Wayne mardle can be 50/50. After the Tuesday night grand prix I saw him go into the lift and my dad asked him what you think of the darts to night and he said crap and rushed off, the next day he was chatting with people in the bar.

I'd say Daryl gurney would eat himself if he was chocolate lol same with gerwyn price

Kevin Painter is sound too, even after losing a match he was grand when I spoke to him.

While his private life isn't really what gets me...your goss is slightly wrong!!

He left the wife and kids a few years back, when he became successful. He ended up with German darts player Stefanie Luck. It was she who, in turn, got that pic sent to her, which was a year ago...

Here it is...WARNING, NSFW!

http://www.thedartsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5703&start=0

Edit - most if the comments are vulgar, but one or two very funny ones like the "that's what switching does. He was a model husband before switching to the PDC"...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

It struck me during Whitlocks walk on that it wasn't Stephanie that he planted a gooser on in the family area..This lady appeared to be oriental and was pretty camera shy.

Anyways the darts.. loved the fluency of Evans when he hit top gear, Taylor appeared flustered during and then buckled in the interview. .no doubt it will be reported as the cold medicine he's taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,080 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

anyone can win it this year. its even hard to pick out the premier league players this year so far

These prelims should not be on TV. Rubbish darts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭bren2001

PTH2009 wrote: »
    anyone can win it this year. its even hard to pick out the premier league players this year so far

It's round one and its pretty easy to pick out the PL players. Just look at the averages and they are miles in front of the rest.

I'm enjoying seeing some different faces after the same top 16 in all these Mickey mouse world series tournaments and the like over the last while.

mdwexford wrote:
    I'm enjoying seeing some different faces after the same top 16 in all these Mickey mouse world series tournaments and the like over the last while.

In fairness we've had 4 tournaments in the last 2 months with different faces. The world series was 5 or 6 months ago

mdwexford wrote: »

Agreed it's nice to see some fresh players. Hamilton, whitlock, newton are all gone now. Some new talent coming through now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,539 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

This oreshkin guy ain't half bad

Not the fastest. When he started he had nice short hair...

Handy thrower that Russian, should really of won 2-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭easygoing39

And King will beat him easy at 10pm.

Provided he's not sick or his back is shagged

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be so sure of that, Merv is having a terrible year.

Advertisement