Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭Sami23

Nettleman wrote: »
    Anythings possible on runup to election, but if the NR/YFS fund was robbed in 2015 to match the EU €13m to pay dairy farmers their 1300 hardship topup, that would definitely cross the line. we are now in 2016, being a new budget year and possibly 2 ministers of ag, so its all fair game in 2016. They've never said how lads who got paid NR 2015 got prioritised over the rest of us, which may involve a freedom of information request

Exactly, it could be dairy farmers that were prioritised or maby it was big farmers.
    As a matter of interest did any small farmer who applied for say 5 to 6 hectares get paid yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nettleman

Sami23 wrote: »
    Exactly, it could be dairy farmers that were prioritised or maby it was big farmers.
    As a matter of interest did any small farmer who applied for say 5 to 6 hectares get paid yet ?

mines above 25ha and im not dairy-still no movement on agfood today

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭FarmerDougal

5ha here sheep..no pay yet

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Limofarmer

Just got through to them .

National reserve rejected no reason why yet as we have to "wait for a letter to issue in the next few weeks "

YFS is cleared but don't no when it will be paid "payment will issue in the next few weeks "

basically nothing can be done only sit and wait to see when payment issues and then wait for national reserve rejection letter to issue . Hopefully we can appeal it as advisor could see no reason why we would not qualify

Spoke to advisor and he said even he can't get through or get any info either .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Unchopped

Dairy farmer, 38Ha, no sign of any decision or payment either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Limofarmer wrote: »

National reserve rejected no reason why yet as we have to "wait for a letter to issue in the next few weeks "

YFS is cleared but don't no when it will be paid "payment will issue in the next few weeks "

basically nothing can be done only sit and wait to see when payment issues and then wait for national reserve rejection letter to issue . Hopefully we can appeal it as advisor could see no reason why we would not qualify

Your a small bit the wiser so
    Hard luck on the national reserve
    Jasus these 'letters to be issued' are some joke,
    Wasn't late payment farmers due to get correspondence in early December, still waiting for them.!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

The rules for the National Reserve application were pretty clear so it would be interesting to see why you have been unsuccesfull.

Will they change the criteria I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Limofarmer

Guy on phone was as helpful as he could but could only tell me what he seen on the screen in front of him .
    Frustrating to have to wait now to see the reason with no clear timeline on when the letters are being issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Guy on phone was as helpful as he could but could only tell me what he seen on the screen in front of him .
    Frustrating to have to wait now to see the reason with no clear timeline on when the letters are being issued.

well there was a timeframe...that has long since past

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Freejin

viztopia wrote: »
    was just talking to some one who has a contact in the dept and they reckon dairy farmers are been prioritised - worth asking, has any applicants who happen to be dairy farmers not been paid yet?

Dairy here, no word yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

bmw1bmw1 wrote: »
    I was talking to a lad on the 076 number and he said my problems were already sorted but that he didnt know when payment would be but that it would be in January. My agfood page says natin new though. Hope that helps some bit

What was your issue?

Must have rang 20 times today and no success getting through.

Toplink wrote: »

http://www.farmersjournal.ie/farmer-writes-frustration-from-lack-of-communication-and-understanding-197532/

Extract below..

"Most young farmers have not received any notification regarding the top-up they have applied for, or any information on whether they have been successful in their application to the National Reserve. Given that both the Young Farmers Scheme and the National Reserve had to be applied for online, it is inexcusable for the Department not to have systems in place to process these applications promptly and issue payments on time"

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭barnaman

http://www.farmersjournal.ie/farmer-writes-frustration-from-lack-of-communication-and-understanding-197532/

Extract below..

"Most young farmers have not received any notification regarding the top-up they have applied for, or any information on whether they have been successful in their application to the National Reserve. Given that both the Young Farmers Scheme and the National Reserve had to be applied for online, it is inexcusable for the Department not to have systems in place to process these applications promptly and issue payments on time"

Checked my application and all my stuff was in and with the Dept by March so it is a poor show. I got zero correspondence from the Dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bmw1bmw1

What was your issue?

he didnt say but i recently looked over the application and there was couple extra h/a applied for by ag advisor. stuff i didnt rent this year.. I assume that to be it.

barnaman wrote: »
    Checked my application and all my stuff was in and with the Dept by March so it is a poor show. I got zero correspondence from the Dept.

Zero communication. I have dealth with quite a few gov departments over the years but this is the worst experience ever.

Zero communication. I have dealth with quite a few gov departments over the years but this is the worst experience ever.

Nobody seems to care which is what really gets up my nose. It must be past time for a YF protest outside Ag house without farm organisations. Whyat about next week before calving and milking season kicks off.

Nobody seems to care which is what really gets up my nose. It must be past time for a YF protest outside Ag house without farm organisations. Whyat about next week before calving and milking season kicks off.

Im a part timer Nettleman and I am away with work all next week. I have a good friend who is a full time farmer and is in the same situation so i'll see what he's at.

I'd see ya there

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

I got through to them today and I was told there were no issues but couldn't tell me when I get paid nearly forgot take the call as I am a month getting through and I nearly hung up waiting on them . heard from a friend in the north that up there they started1st December and finished all payments to 95% of the farmers in 3 weeks so wat are our monkeys doing they are getting slower every year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭barnaman

Slurry spreading opens next week Ganmo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-RVg-25z40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Extract below..

And what happens if the plonkers loose your online application. You've no proof you applied for it 😡😡😡

I've no slurry to bring :(
    and the sheep are still out so no dung either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

We got paid for young farmer yesterday-it hit the bank account yest morn and got letter in post as well.Nothing on national reserve I'll call them Monday and speak to their lovely answering machine ðŸ˜Â

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ormondeboy3

Lads, how soon are lads seeing an actual payment after receiving the text? Got a text today saying payment issued.

My Agfood view has had a payment date of 15 DEC for the past month...

Lads, how soon are lads seeing an actual payment after receiving the text? Got a text today saying payment issued.

My Agfood view has had a payment date of 15 DEC for the past month...

got through this morning and was told that all done, but cant tell me how much and cant tell me when the loolua is likely to be seen. Nothing on agfood either- entitlements under YFS still zero.

Nothing here yet but question about Agfood Direct Payments main screen.
    For past few months the entitlements section at the bottom had 2 sections, the first was Entitlement Position 2015-2019 and the 2nd had Outstanding issues with application for NR and when you clicked on that one it said it was pending and gave numbers to ring for NR and YF.
    Just wondering did the 2nd one disappear on others b4 getting paid. ?
    Just clutching at straws now but........

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭cattle man

Nothing here yet but question about Agfood Direct Payments main screen.
    For past few months the entitlements section at the bottom had 2 sections, the first was Entitlement Position 2015-2019 and the 2nd had Outstanding issues with application for NR and when you clicked on that one it said it was pending and gave numbers to ring for NR and YF.
    Just wondering did the 2nd one disappear on others b4 getting paid. ?

Just clutching at straws now but........

My second one is gone now to but still no money

Same as me so.
    Hopefully someone who got paid can tell us if this happened them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 3611

I was one of the first paid and my entitlement position 2015-2019 has disappeared also.

Advertisement