Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

2 dept inspectors arrived in the yard today to check out that I was involved in the farm. Wasn't there myself but they asked dad a few questions such as where I lived and how involved in the farm was I. They seemed nice enough lads and said they would give me a call.
    At least in progress

did you get much notice on this inspection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Toplink wrote: »

Nope it was a no notice inspection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Nope it was a no notice inspection

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Got paid today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭barnaman

ganmo wrote: »
    Give us a sub!

• Advertisement

ganmo wrote: »
    Give us a sub!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭Sami23

Mine in Amounts Due at last. ;)
    Hope everyone else gets sorted soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Got a letter today looking for my off farm income.
    Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

Ffs

It's ridiculous, wtf do they be at. Nothing here yet either. We'll soon be making our 2016 applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Fuxake

Ffs

Were you asked to supply this info with your application?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

got a letter today from DOA to say I was been turned down for national reserve and young farmer scheme as "the identified educational course does not meet the required standard"
    I did the green cert in 2006 online and completed it online no issues these. I have logged into the DOA portal to see what was uploaded and there is a "level 6 specific purpose certificate" there so it looks as if its only part of my green cert and not the full cert. My agri advisor should have spotted this as he handled the application and charged handsomely for it also! will have to give him a call in the morning
    have 14 days to appeal in wrigting

Viz that Level 6 is the new name for the Green Cert so should be fine; I am currently on it. The full name is level 6 Specific Purpose Certificate in Farm Administration. Cousin did the Green Cert online and it was a doss heard might be an issue as new Green Cert not as handy but he was told that was Green Cert when you did so you are fine.

Sounds like a slip up appeal it. (Thats level 6 below)

http://www.teagasc.ie/training/courses/level6_c_farm_admin.asp

By way still waiting on my allocation!

Thanks. The course was a doss at the time and didn't take anything from it. Majority of the people doing it had office based jobs at the time. Will let yous know what happens when speak to agricultural advisor tomorrow.
    barnaman wrote: »
    Viz that Level 6 is the new name for the Green Cert so should be fine; I am currently on it. The full name is level 6 Specific Purpose Certificate in Farm Administration. Cousin did the Green Cert online and it was a doss heard might be an issue as new Green Cert not as handy but he was told that was Green Cert when you did so you are fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Fuxake wrote: »
    Were you asked to supply this info with your application?

Yes did it all last April

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Yes did it all last April
    U did it in 06 ? The yfs is for recent takeover of farms as far as I understand

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭arctictree

Anyone know if the rules for new entrants for this year are out yet?

spoke to agri advisor and he said he had uploaded the wrong college cert - he had uploaded the level 6 one when they wanted the level 5 one. he has done this this morning and I can see it online.
    barnaman wrote: »

viztopia wrote: »
    got a letter today from DOA to say I was been turned down for national reserve and young farmer scheme as "the identified educational course does not meet the required standard"
    I did the green cert in 2006 online and completed it online no issues these. I have logged into the DOA portal to see what was uploaded and there is a "level 6 specific purpose certificate" there so it looks as if its only part of my green cert and not the full cert. My agri advisor should have spotted this as he handled the application and charged handsomely for it also! will have to give him a call in the morning
    have 14 days to appeal in wrigting

Don't panic Viz you'll b grand. I got the exact same letter of refusal you got but was paid within a week.
    I suspect your issue is the same as mine was in that as you say you have uploaded your level 6 cert but the problem is they also need your level 5 cert uploaded to comply with their requirements.
    Just give them a ring or email on your level 5 cert n your sorted. You'll b on the next payment run :D

BTW I found email best

viztopia wrote: »
    spoke to agri advisor and he said he had uploaded the wrong college cert - he had uploaded the level 6 one when they wanted the level 5 one. he has done this this morning and I can see it online.

Only seen this now.
    But they did ask for the level 6 on the application

they most certainly did which is throwing me off slightly! advisor has asked for copy of college degree in case they need this also. I wanted too give DOA a call to see if they have everything now but he said it would be a waste of time. not worried when I get paid as have waited that long now, its if I will get paid is the problem!
    Sami23 wrote: »
    Only seen this now.
    But they did ask for the level 6 on the application

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

Hmmm , ye have me worried now lads

I have had no update as to whats holding my up but my cert is a level 6 titled "Farm Business" done online in 2006.

I only have one cert, I dont have a level 5 version of it.

Hmmm , ye have me worried now lads

I have had no update as to whats holding my up but my cert is a level 6 titled "Farm Business" done online in 2006.

I only have one cert, I dont have a level 5 version of it.

But u had to do level 5 first before moving on to Level 6.
    I did mine online too

Toplink you are fine. Also Dept just messing looking for a level 5 not necessary at all.

https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/farmingschemesandpayments/capentitlementsrelatedapplicationforms/nationalreserveandyoungfarmersschemes/NatResYFSrevTC060315.pdf

Your qualification is there
    Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Farm Management or FETAC Certificate in Farm Business M
    anagement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/holding-for-more-than-20-seconds-when-you-ring-the-department-of-agriculture/

they could at least use on hold music rather than repeating the same message over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭cattle man

Finally money showing up in dps payments section payment date of today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

anyone got experience of solar fence. Got quote from ESB for unmetered supply, over 3,000e. Pole is beside field, has transformer but not sure what work required. Anyone else got quotes? . The fence is new so earthing shouldn't be a problem, but at some time limbs will fall on it. Earthing is my main worryoo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

When I click 'entitlement position' on agfood it say a 'technical error' has occurred. Anyone else have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭saranac1

As an old young farmer I just filled in the national reserve application back in April 2015, but never filled in a bps application along with it, now nearly a year later my national reserve application is ineligible. If I fill in a bps application for 2016 will the department reverse their decision?

I am getting this today and have to say while its not what I ultimately want to see its better than was there before! they sent me a query on my qualifications last week - do you have anything outstanding?
    mayota wrote: »
    When I click 'entitlement position' on agfood it say a 'technical error' has occurred. Anyone else have this?

• Advertisement

would you not be better going to an agri advisor to get the best advice? if you had done that last year and qualified I am sure the money received would have more than paid for the advisor?
    saranac1 wrote: »
    As an old young farmer I just filled in the national reserve application back in April 2015, but never filled in a bps application along with it, now nearly a year later my national reserve application is ineligible. If I fill in a bps application for 2016 will the department reverse their decision?

Advertisement