Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free iPad mini 2 with Sunday Times subscription (18 months)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

thegills wrote: »
    Hi All. Whats the appeal of this offer? The deal will cost you €390 (78 weeks X €5). But you can buy the iPad Mini 32Gb for €309 from Harvey Norman? Wife likes The Times but in print usually.

Paying by installments help most I think.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hi All. Whats the appeal of this offer? The deal will cost you €390 (78 weeks X €5). But you can buy the iPad Mini 32Gb for €309 from Harvey Norman? Wife likes The Times but in print usually.

So 7 days x 18 months of the paper for €80....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

whiterebel wrote: »
    So 7 days x 18 months of the paper for €80....
    I buy the times on Saturday and Sundays ...so this offer is saving me money plus the bonus of the Ipad ..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Cazale wrote: »
    How does this work?

:o Was a special offer, ended in August... Sorry for confusion...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Debating whether or not to sign up for this. The iPad mini 2 not outdated at this stage? How is the performance?

• Advertisement

Davexirl wrote: »
    Debating whether or not to sign up for this. The iPad mini 2 not outdated at this stage? How is the performance?

I did a bit of research before making the plunge and it's still a very good tablet. The new version of iOS runs well on it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Prbably cheaper than any HR deal going to be fair? Some poeple can cover the fiver a week without missing it but €309 up front might be a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Sunday Times in print costs €3 a week alone, which equates to €234 over 78 weeks. Ergo, iPad costs €156.

Having been a long term reader, I'm delighted with it. You can also watch premier league highlights of all games right after they've finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Birneybau wrote: »
    Sunday Times in print costs €3 a week alone, which equates to €234 over 78 weeks. Ergo, iPad costs €156.

Having been a long term reader, I'm delighted with it. You can also watch premier league highlights of all games right after they've finished.

How do you do that Birney? Is there a special app or something?

Typing from my brand new iPad mini 2. Very nice device I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

How do you do that Birney? Is there a special app or something?

With your subscription, download this app (for android phone):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.thetimes&hl=en

I'm sure there's an equivalent for iPhone.

Can watch highlights on the match reports on the iPad.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Birneybau wrote: »
    With your subscription, download this app (for android phone):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.thetimes&hl=en

I'm sure there's an equivalent for iPhone.

Can watch highlights on the match reports on the iPad.

Good spot. Its in each match report in the sports supplement on the iPad/iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭walshy_c

I subscribed yesterday, got an email back confirming the subscription but there was no mention of the iPad on that email. I haven't heard anything from them since regarding the iPad Is that normal or should I get onto the Times?

Edit: I've just spoke to their live chat and the iPad gets sent out after the 14 day cooling off period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Just got dispatch e mail from Apple for delivery 19th. iPad mini2 32gb Ahead of schedule! Happy days

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Just got dispatch e mail from Apple for delivery 19th. iPad mini2 32gb Ahead of schedule! Happy days

Just got a text, Actually being delivered tomorrow now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

So I received my iPad Mini 2 (32G) and downloaded the Times App. It hasn't asked me for my times username/password and at the moment I can read and view all editions of the paper. Am I missing something here? Should it not restrict me until I enter in my details?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

@davywalsh, when did you initially subscribe to the times? I only did so last Tuesday the 14th- will hardly get my iPad before christmas im thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AD!

@davywalsh, when did you initially subscribe to the times? I only did so last Tuesday the 14th- will hardly get my iPad before christmas im thinking.

Doubtful as you usually have to wait for the 14 day cooling off period before they will send it

First time reading the Sunday edition today very impressed with layout and content... subscription very much worth it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I ordered mine deliberately so it wouldn't arrive before Christmas, got a text on Thurs 22nd to say it would be delivered that day.
    Only problem I was in Spain. I changed the date to 30th but got a call a few hours later to say courier was outside front door.
    Long and short, got it today, delighted. Actually bigger than I thought.

• Advertisement

Subscribed on the 12th December still no sign of my Ipad or word when it might be delivered...anyone else still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

harr wrote: »
    Subscribed on the 12th December still no sign of my Ipad or word when it might be delivered...anyone else still waiting
    Same here, subscribed 11th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Same here, ordered on 12th December, still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭eaglej13

same as, subscribed on the 15th. no word or email yet

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭walshy_c

Still haven't received the iPad either.

I might send an email today to see what the delay is...you would imagine they would have kept us informed if there is a delay ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I bet they will probably give you some spiel about Apple not counting the days between December 24 and January 8 as having any normal working days due to the holidays.
    So between say December 12 and December 23 they would only count as 9 days with the count of the tenth day resuming only today.
    I hope for you guys I am wrong, but this is what I suspect is going on with your iPads being delayed.

duridian wrote: »
    I bet they will probably give you some spiel about Apple not counting the days between December 24 and January 8 as having any normal working days due to the holidays.
    So between say December 12 and December 23 they would only count as 9 days with the count of the tenth day resuming only today.
    I hope for you guys I am wrong, but this is what I suspect is going on with your iPads being delayed.
    Was thinking that my self ...and I am expecting them to say exactly that even at that we should have delivery this week and some point ..I sent them that email today..

Was thinking that my self ...and I am expecting them to say exactly that even at that we should have delivery this week and some point ..I sent them that email today..

Try the live chat, they were able to help me before Christmas

• Advertisement

duridian wrote: »

Most factories and warehouses closed until 3rd January. Because of this the couriers wouldn't be too quick into action again after the holidays, probably still sorting the the backlog after Christmas too.

Advertisement