Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free iPad mini 2 with Sunday Times subscription (18 months)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Davexirl wrote: »
    So they have a new offer up and it's not an iPad

'Complimentary Nespresso Machine worth €149, 16 coffee capsules and €10 Nespresso voucher.'

Same price but a 12 month contract....

Is this not for the Irish Independent???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Davexirl

tallpaul wrote: »
    Is this not for the Irish Independent???:confused:

No

http://store.thetimes.ie/special-offers/nespresso/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Just ordered the iPad deal there. Does anyone know how long it would take for iPad to arrive? Gonna give it to my little brother as a Christmas present just want to make sure I'll get it in time

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭RustyP

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Just ordered the iPad deal there. Does anyone know how long it would take for iPad to arrive? Gonna give it to my little brother as a Christmas present just want to make sure I'll get it in time

I thought the iPad deal was finished? Generally 3-4 weeks after signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I think there is 2 deals on offer, 12 month for the coffee machine and 18 months for the ipad mini. Ipad deal was definitely available last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Did anybody actually receive a 32GB iPad? They told my mother this morning that the 32GB was a misprint in the paper and that anybody who ordered would be getting a 16GB one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Did anybody actually receive a 32GB iPad? They told my mother this morning that the 32GB was a misprint in the paper and that anybody who ordered would be getting a 16GB one.

I spoke to a rep yesterday and he told me the exact opposite. He said the 16GB was a misprint and they would be sending out a 32GB Model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I spoke to a rep yesterday and he told me the exact opposite. He said the 16GB was a misprint and they would be sending out a 32GB Model.

I hope so, thats what the rep told me last week and the calls are recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

You won't get it before christmas. I was waiting about 5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭shalom

Do you have to phone to get the ipad or can you order it online?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

shalom wrote: »
    Do you have to phone to get the ipad or can you order it online?

Thanks

Online it looks like iPad offer is no more... not sure if you can get it by calling?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

I looked this offer up last night on my phone while in bed and it was still available but when I went to sign up this morning it is now gone...typical :-( no interest in getting a coffee machine have one of those already and I can't read the paper off it either :-)

@shalom did you ring them to see if you could still get the ipad offer out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

boardzz wrote: »
    You won't get it before christmas. I was waiting about 5 weeks.

I was on the phone to them there, they said the latest I'll get it will be 23rd December so hopefully

FYI

I called them and just signed up to the iPad deal instead of the coffee machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AD!

I was on the phone to them there, they said the latest I'll get it will be 23rd December so hopefully

What date did you sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

Has the ipad offer ended?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jem

I rang and it is still open and is for the ipad mini . ie the 1st generation

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭brevity

jem wrote: »

Should be the second gen, no?

Maybe they are out of the second gen and have to use the first gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Unless you're using it for very undemanding stuff, an iPad mini 1st gen will be struggling big time in 18 months...

• Advertisement

brevity wrote: »
    Should be the second gen, no?

Maybe they are out of the second gen and have to use the first gen.
    I rang and specifically asked. when she said ipad mini, I said I assumed she meant mini2 she said no it def is the 1st generation

I rang and specifically asked. when she said ipad mini, I said I assumed she meant mini2 she said no it def is the 1st generation

Weird.

I'm sure it's the iPad Mini with Retina which would make it the iPad Mini 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I took advantage of the offer a year ago and received a 2nd generation iPad Mini. Would be very strange if they had downgraded the offer now.
    Most likely the person you were speaking with didn't have a clue.

She said she had one herself

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

The 1st gen mini has been out of production for 18 months. Very much doubt its the first gen one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Doodah7

As I have said previously in this thread, the iPad Minis are sent by Apple NOT The Times. Therefore if the offer is still valid, it will be the Mini 2 which is the base model of this iPad variation.

Any comment by some randomer in a Times callcentre on the type of iPad is not to be trusted I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,101 ✭✭✭✭unkel

iPad mini first gen is over 4 years old. I wouldn't call it obsolete just yet, but it is very, very old

iPad mini 2 with a 2 year subscription was a good deal when this thread started a year ago, the iPad mini 1 is not a good deal imho. I'd say the rep made a mistake. These things are out of production a long time. I remember they were impossible to get new from anywhere this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

How long is it taking people to receive ipad at the moment? My brother ordered on Nov 20th and is worried it won't be here for Christmas (planned to give it as a gift). I got one this time last year and it took three weeks but apparently there are delays now, they just told him on live chat if it's not here by 25/12 to get in touch.

redmissb wrote: »
    How long is it taking people to receive ipad at the moment? My brother ordered on Nov 20th and is worried it won't be here for Christmas (planned to give it as a gift). I got one this time last year and it took three weeks but apparently there are delays now, they just told him on live chat if it's not here by 25/12 to get in touch.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for it as well. My wife who bought one said that an email will be sent to say that it's on the way. I still don't have the email and I ordered around the 20th too.

I thought it would be quicker but I guess they have to wait for the cooling off period to end.
    I'd guess there are another 10 days to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

Yeah when I got one last year they said once the 14 day cooling off period had passed they'd send the ipad, I got an email from Apple to say it was on the way after two weeks or so. Hopefully they'll get here soon!

Advertisement