Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free iPad mini 2 with Sunday Times subscription (18 months)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,387 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

dulpit wrote: »
    Anybody get a chocolate bar in the post today from The Times? I did...

https://twitter.com/dulpit27/status/875641605092294656

Update: not that tasty. There's a bang of fake chocolate like you get in crappy cheap easter eggs...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

The 18 month contract is a balls

Its only a 12 month contract, after that its 30 days rolling contract

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Its only a 12 month contract, after that its 30 days rolling contract

The initial contract with the "Free" iPad is 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

Got the chocolate yesterday as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Anyone got their speaker yet

• Advertisement

Carroller wrote: »
    Anyone got their speaker yet

Rang last week, they told me I should have by end June

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Still no sign of the speaker for me. Anyone get theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Still no sign of the speaker for me. Anyone get theirs?

5 going on 6 weeks for me now. No sign.

Me too. Just had my second month taken

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

I've been on to the Times customer care a few times today with little joy. They keep directing me to contact Bose directly but when I do they have no idea what I'm talking about and direct me back to the Times.

The Times guys seemed to think it was up to me to contact Bose. I've escalated with the Times now and awaiting a response. Will let you know.

• Advertisement

I tweeted the editor who says he'll follow it up with necessary department.

I tweeted Richie Oakley, editor or some such, and he said they will be out very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

Customer care reverted and said it will be with me in 14 working days... August basically!

Got an email today, speaker being delivered tomorrow.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Got an email today, speaker being delivered tomorrow.

Same here. Its with DPD and down for delivery later

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got my just there. Amazing sound off it so something so small. Really hefty thing too.

Got my just there. Amazing sound off it so something so small. Really hefty thing too.

Was just about to post the same. Nice and weighted and great sound off it :)

It really is fantastic, and thankfully smaller than I was expecting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

For those that have the iPad subscription offer coming to an end, it is worth going through the cancellation dance over the phone. Just done it there and the initial offer of €10 for three months was then upped to €10 for six and then finally trumped by the 'well this offer is really only for new subscribers but because you are a valuable customer, my manager has authorised it' deal of the Bose speaker for 12 months. Highly amusing as each time I refused the offer, the guy acted so hurt and pained that I had rejected his clearly fantastic deal that I nearly felt sorry for him! :):rolleyes:

If you want the speaker (like me), it saves having to cancel and then subscribe as a new customer. The guy on the phone just rolled it over. Speaker is sent out in 4-5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

tallpaul wrote: »
    For those that have the iPad subscription offer coming to an end, it is worth going through the cancellation dance over the phone. Just done it there and the initial offer of €10 for three months was then upped to €10 for six and then finally trumped by the 'well this offer is really only for new subscribers but because you are a valuable customer, my manager has authorised it' deal of the Bose speaker for 12 months. Highly amusing as each time I refused the offer, the guy acted so hurt and pained that I had rejected his clearly fantastic deal that I nearly felt sorry for him! :):rolleyes:

If you want the speaker (like me), it saves having to cancel and then subscribe as a new customer. The guy on the phone just rolled it over. Speaker is sent out in 4-5 weeks.

Yeah I was able to do something similar but my case was slightly different. I needed to update card details so while on the line I basically offered to extend my subscription if I could avail of the Bose speaker offer. Because I was within a few weeks of my contract end, they just cancelled it and set me up as a new subscription, no problem. Sounds like you got a sweat deal though by playing hard ball.....hey seem happy enough to give the offered to renewals though which is great if, like me, you kinda need to subscribe as don't have access to hard copy....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

tallpaul wrote: »

Thanks! This has been on my to do list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JoeO64

Anybody else still waiting for the speaker? I subscribed in August and nothing yet. Slightly worryingly, the speaker seems to be discontinued by Bose. The current offer from The Times is 2 for 1 Odeon tickets each week, which is of absolutely no use to me whatever - it would cost me more than I'd save to drive the two hour round trip to the nearest one!

If anyone knows who I should be contacting / complaining to, I'd be most grateful; the information on the Times site is sparse, to put it mildly.

FYI I have been told that the warranty on these iPads is only 12 months as they were a bulk b2b buy.

Might not be an issue for many, but my LCD failed for no apparent reason 18 months in and it just isn't worth repairing at the costs quoted (€200 odd).

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

My minimum period for the Times subscription is nearly up.

Looks like the current offer is a 2-for-1 in the Odeon (on the Irish site) and a Nespresso on the UK site.

Can anyone confirm? I might be tempted to stay on for a Nespresso, but I have an Odeon Unlimited card so that option doesn't appeal to be AT ALL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

FYI I have been told that the warranty on these iPads is only 12 months as they were a bulk b2b buy.

Might not be an issue for many, but my LCD failed for no apparent reason 18 months in and it just isn't worth repairing at the costs quoted (€200 odd).

Push it with them... it sounds like they are chancing their arm.

Mr E wrote: »
    My minimum period for the Times subscription is nearly up.

Looks like the current offer is a 2-for-1 in the Odeon (on the Irish site) and a Nespresso on the UK site.

Can anyone confirm? I might be tempted to stay on for a Nespresso, but I have an Odeon Unlimited card so that option doesn't appeal to be AT ALL.

No good reason to renew then...

gerryk wrote: »
    Push it with them... it sounds like they are chancing their arm.

I tried Apple website too and they also want €231.30. They can feck off, I'd be much happier spending that on a decent Android tablet. Apple products are now banned from my house. :D

I tried Apple website too and they also want €231.30. They can feck off, I'd be much happier spending that on a decent Android tablet. Apple products are now banned from my house. :D

I have been looking for the T&Cs that I/we agreed to, but can't find them. Not on the site or my email.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ablelocks

the odeon cinema tickets are normal offer as part of the sub, not a sign up offer.

I'd ring them - the nespresso offer may still be applicable to Ireland - it may be that they haven't updated the Irish Site.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Is that not the max cost? If it costs less, they will refund the difference.

Advertisement