Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free iPad mini 2 with Sunday Times subscription (18 months)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Doodah7

mpearce wrote: »
    In addition to the above previous post which has not been answered new issue with the tablet app on ipad1.

Since the latest forced update - based on last compatible version - app does not install. No access now through ipad1. Website does not render correctly on ipad1. Very poor service.

An iPad ?? As in the original one??? Will you get off the stage!! No company is obligated to maintain compatibility with a device that old. Seriously what next? Moaning that The Times doesn't render properly on your Commodore 64...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mpearce

Amazingly the last compatible version of the app worked fine up to earlier this week.

If this issue doesn't impact you or you are unable to provide a constructive reply, why would you reply but maybe you can't help staying "off the stage" as you put it.

Welcome to the internet! You were saying that The Times were providing a 'poor service' for no longer supporting an ancient device. I was simply pointing out your somewhat unrealistic expectations. Being helpful as it were in realigning your perception of service versus support for legacy devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭brevity

https://twitter.com/roakleyIRL/status/798429411305472000

It's back again but I'm not sure if they are getting rid of old stock in preparation for a newer iPad offer...

Im tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭ablelocks

brevity wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/roakleyIRL/status/798429411305472000

It's back again but I'm not sure if they are getting rid of old stock in preparation for a newer iPad offer...

Im tempted.

so am I - i did pm richie but he hasn't responded. there's a chance that there will be another ipad offer, but there's also the possibility that they've hit a target number of subscribers with this offer that they're happy with and future offers won't include an ipad..

• Advertisement

ah, Richie, come on. you can tell us whether the offer will be renewed with a mini 4.

we won't tell anyone, promise.

ablelocks wrote: »
    ah, Richie, come on. you can tell us whether the offer will be renewed with a mini 4.

we won't tell anyone, promise.

:D

It probably won't be the 4 and the 3 is pretty much the same as the 2...

I think I'm just gonna have to go for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I'm thinking about signing up for this offer and a Boards user has informed me that The Times are now sending out the 32GB iPad mini with this offer. I checked with their member services helpline and they could not confirm this.
    Has anyone who signed up recently received the 32GB model?

I'm thinking about signing up for this offer and a Boards user has informed me that The Times are now sending out the 32GB iPad mini with this offer.

that was me - website still says 16gb, but it was in the small print of their advert in last Sundays paper. I'll get a photo of it tonight and post it...

the 16gb Ipad mini 2 is not available anymore from Apple, so it would have to be the 32gb by default anyway.

that was me - website still says 16gb, but it was in the small print of their advert in last Sundays paper. I'll get a photo of it tonight and post it...

the 16gb Ipad mini 2 is not available anymore from Apple, so it would have to be the 32gb by default anyway.

Thanks again mate :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Well now, as an early subscriber to the offer, I'm feeling a wee bit annoyed by that. Stuck with a 16gb one.

A key point to remember is that The Times don't have a stash of iPads in a warehouse somewhere. Those that subscribe to this offer get the iPad delivered direct from Apple. So waiting for old stocks to be exhausted before subscribing is pointless!

Ah cock. I just signed up! Hopefully I'll get the 32GB...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

When do you get the actual ipad? I signed up about 2 weeks ago. What model ipad can I expect?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

very tempted by this.

Just wondering is it possible to read the papers off line?

price690 wrote: »
    When do you get the actual ipad? I signed up about 2 weeks ago. What model ipad can I expect?

My wife did it about 6 months ago and it took about 14 to 15 days so you should get it any day now

She got the iPad mini 2 16GB.

Judging by the comments above, you could get the iPad mini 2 16GB or 32GB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

godtabh wrote: »
    very tempted by this.

Just wondering is it possible to read the papers off line?

Of course it is

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Of course it is

Thinking of getting it for the commute. I assume if I sync it before I go it will be available on the luas or bus or what ever. Never used the app so I just want to be sure. 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Thinking of getting it for the commute. I assume if I sync it before I go it will be available on the luas or bus or what ever. Never used the app so I just want to be sure. 4

Definitely will be, there is a setting for that 7 days or 30 days, 7 would be safe on iPad mini 16gb

To be fair iPad is best to read it on and I'm not an apple fan

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

When you open the app, it downloads the latest edition. You can then look at it offline. If there is a supplement, make sure you download that too.

Not a bad idea to supplement it with some free magazines. Check out this thread and feel free to get a little bit giddy. :)

• Advertisement

price690 wrote: »

Can you let us know what model iPad you get please when it arrives?

32gb ipad mini 2

• Registered Users Posts: 17,425 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I had signed up for the UK version before and it came with a load of supplements every Sunday.Dont see anything like this for the Irish version????

Blazer wrote: »
    I had signed up for the UK version before and it came with a load of supplements every Sunday.Dont see anything like this for the Irish version????

If you click on the editions tab at the bottom you'll see the supplements there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Do they bill you €21.67 monthly for 18 months ye? Also if you forget to cancel after the 18 months are you auto renewed for another 18 month contract or just for another month?

Thanks

Do they bill you €21.67 monthly for 18 months ye? Also if you forget to cancel after the 18 months are you auto renewed for another 18 month contract or just for another month?

Thanks
    Billed monthly for the first 18 months then every month unless you cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,425 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

If you click on the editions tab at the bottom you'll see the supplements there.

Only see my editions? There's one for specials but they're way out of date.

Blazer wrote: »
    Only see my editions? There's one for specials but they're way out of date.

Strange. I can see all supplements on tablet app. Try reloading app maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ando88

i just signed up now for this offer over the phone, i have to pass a credit check and then it will be delivered before xmas.

Does anyone who ordered one can tell me when I will hear from the courier company? can it be tracked online?

thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Davexirl

So they have a new offer up and it's not an iPad

'Complimentary Nespresso Machine worth €149, 16 coffee capsules and €10 Nespresso voucher.'

Same price but a 12 month contract....

Advertisement