Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free iPad mini 2 with Sunday Times subscription (18 months)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Thomas

If you ring to cancel they'll give you half price for 3 months. I haven't gotten to the end yet so not sure how easy it will be to continue but I'd be optimistic. I think half price is better than full plus a speaker imo.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but you get the WSJ aswell as part of the sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Thomas wrote: »

never knew that - have you a link or instructions?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

Somewhat weird but I get the Sunday Times delivered to my door for €3 per week by the Irish Times and they also throw in a free subscription to the online version of the Irish Times for this. That little Bose speaker is deadly, by the way.

https://www.newsdelivery.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

dusty207 wrote: »
    Somewhat weird but I get the Sunday Times delivered to my door for €3 per week by the Irish Times and they also throw in a free subscription to the online version of the Irish Times for this. That little Bose speaker is deadly, by the way.

This is not the Irish Times, it's the Times of London, Sunday Irish edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Birneybau wrote: »

They deliver the ST...

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

I get the Times of London, Sunday Irish edition delivered to my door, I get the Irish Times of Ireland online free.

To repeat: Somewhat weird but I get the Sunday Times delivered to my door for €3 per week by the Irish Times and they also throw in a free subscription to the online version of the Irish Times for this. That little Bose speaker is deadly, by the way.

See options/Weekly/Sunday Titles

ablelocks wrote: »
    never knew that - have you a link or instructions?

I went back and checked the email I got about it last year and clicked on the link and it no longer works. I assumed all subscribers got it / can still get it as they are both Murdock titles. Maybe it was a once off offer.

dusty207 wrote: »
    I get the Times of London, Sunday Irish edition delivered to my door, I get the Irish Times of Ireland online free.

To repeat: Somewhat weird but I get the Sunday Times delivered to my door for €3 per week by the Irish Times and they also throw in a free subscription to the online version of the Irish Times for this. That little Bose speaker is deadly, by the way.

See options/Weekly/Sunday Titles

Apologies, I just thought that a bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ablelocks

it's not that strange in fairness - you place an order, pay your bill, and they send you the paper you selected?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

As the ipad offer is done, maybe this thread can be closed and a new one opened for the current Irish Tines offer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

Can someone please provide a link to the Bose speaker offer? I can't find the offer anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

it's not that strange in fairness - you place an order, pay your bill, and they send you the paper you selected?

It's eating a Whopper in McDonalds strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,388 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Pique wrote: »
    As the ipad offer is done, maybe this thread can be closed and a new one opened for the current Irish Tines offer?

It's The Times Ireland Edition, not the Irish Times...
    bromley52 wrote: »
    Can someone please provide a link to the Bose speaker offer? I can't find the offer anywhere.

Voila: https://store.thetimes.ie/special-offers/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

dulpit wrote: »

I must be blind as all I can see is a free coffee machine offer.

dulpit wrote: »

Ye see, that's why I flagged it. So many people think they are one and the same when they have no affiliation, whatsoever.

It's like having the Daily Mirror delivered to your house with bonus access to the Sun's online offering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I called today to cancel and was given an extra 2 months free :)

I called today to cancel and was given an extra 2 months free :)

Excellent, I've got 3 month half price. All the 18 month contracts will be coming to an end and they'll be keen to retain as many as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

I rang there with intentions of cancelling, subscription is up next month. I signed up for an extra 12 months and got the Bose speak and they credited me back a month too. I would have been happy to keep paying the €5 a week so quite happy to get a month free and a decent portable speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Called there earlier on today and got the Bose speaker myself. They didn't want to give it me initially and offered a discounted rolling subscription but I said I'd cancel - which I would have in fairness - and that swung it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I intend cancelling in 2 months. I don't need a speaker:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Excellent, I've got 3 month half price. All the 18 month contracts will be coming to an end and they'll be keen to retain as many as possible.
    Called there earlier on today and got the Bose speaker myself. They didn't want to give it me initially and offered a discounted rolling subscription but I said I'd cancel - which I would have in fairness - and that swung it.
    ddubs wrote: »
    I rang there with intentions of cancelling, subscription is up next month. I signed up for an extra 12 months and got the Bose speak and they credited me back a month too. I would have been happy to keep paying the ?5 a week so quite happy to get a month free and a decent portable speaker.

They offered the same to me 2 months half price initially then he said 3 months.

Then when i said cancel he said "oh we have an offer for speaker"

Tempted even though i have some cheaper Bluetooth speakers, but not a bose :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

ddubs wrote: »
    I rang there with intentions of cancelling, subscription is up next month. I signed up for an extra 12 months and got the Bose speak and they credited me back a month too. I would have been happy to keep paying the ?5 a week so quite happy to get a month free and a decent portable speaker.

They offered the same to me 2 months half price initially then he said 3 months.

Then when i said cancel he said "oh we have an offer for speaker"

Tempted even though i have some cheaper Bluetooth speakers, but not a bose :P
    The 18 month contract is a balls

It came with the iPad, which worked out way cheaper than buying one on the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

I've read through the thread twice now and can't seem to find it anywhere... You get the times app but can I get the paper version on my phone where as if I turn the pages?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Carroller wrote:
    I've read through the thread twice now and can't seem to find it anywhere... You get the times app but can I get the paper version on my phone where as if I turn the pages?

Think it's only the app on the iPad or Android tablet that have the paper version. The phone app has similar content but in a different layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

It came with the iPad, which worked out way cheaper than buying one on the shop.
    Yeah,know,but it's a long shsagging time,have to wait till Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone heard anything from Bose yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,388 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Anybody get a chocolate bar in the post today from The Times? I did...

https://twitter.com/dulpit27/status/875641605092294656

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Got the same this morning, as I'm sat here about to ring to cancel :) though may sign up for Bose yet :D

Advertisement