Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free iPad mini 2 with Sunday Times subscription (18 months)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I'm not sure if this is the same deal - but I got a mail from the Irish Independent about their deals:

Free Ipad Mini 2 32gb - Click

Free Nespresso Machine - Click

Free Samsung Tablet - Click

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

GBX wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is the same deal - but I got a mail from the Irish Independent about their deals:

Free Ipad Mini 2 32gb - Click

Free Nespresso Machine - Click

Free Samsung Tablet - Click

Got that email too. iPad/Nespresso are based on home delivery of the paper. Samsung tablet on digital edition. Also not sure if they want full payment in advance or on a monthly basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

If I'm reading the offer correctly, you get a Samsung Tab4 7" for a one off cost of €160 and this included the digital edition of the Indo and Sunday Indo for 1 year.
    Not a big fan of the Indo but the price for the tablet seems ok ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Also not sure if they want full payment in advance or on a monthly basis.

It definitely looks like they are suggesting the entire payment up front rather than by the month/quarterly etc.

Bit strange that they are combining a printed paper delivery service with a digital consumption device like an iPad.

Would not be as handy as the Times offer either if you wanted an easy payment by installment method of getting an iPad and didn't mind paying a few bob extra for the digital newspaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

redmissb wrote: »
    How long is it taking people to receive ipad at the moment? My brother ordered on Nov 20th and is worried it won't be here for Christmas (planned to give it as a gift). I got one this time last year and it took three weeks but apparently there are delays now, they just told him on live chat if it's not here by 25/12 to get in touch.

I signed up on the 18th November and got a dispatch email this morning from Apple to say its on the way and will be with me by the 13th,and its a space grey iPad mini 2 32gb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Techless wrote: »
    If I'm reading the offer correctly, you get a Samsung Tab4 7" for a one off cost of €160 and this included the digital edition of the Indo and Sunday Indo for 1 year.
    Not a big fan of the Indo but the price for the tablet seems ok ?

They'd need to pay me double that to even glance at the front page. And The Sindo *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

Got the despatch email as well. But it's being sent to my parents house. Bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

brevity wrote: »
    Got the despatch email as well. But it's being sent to my parents house. Bah!

What date did u order?
    Was told last week by two ops that the very latest I'd have it would b Dec 23rd but was just told there that they can't guarantee it before Dec 30th!

Anyone else having issues? Just wondering whether to take a chance that it will arrive as a Christmas present or go out and get something else. Girl was actually very rude and unhelpful on the online chat!

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    What date did u order?
    Was told last week by two ops that the very latest I'd have it would b Dec 23rd but was just told there that they can't guarantee it before Dec 30th!

Anyone else having issues? Just wondering whether to take a chance that it will arrive as a Christmas present or go out and get something else. Girl was actually very rude and unhelpful on the online chat!

I ordered mine on the 18th. According to the apple website it should be here on the 13th of December.

brevity wrote: »
    I ordered mine on the 18th. According to the apple website it should be here on the 13th of December.

Thanks for reply.
    I'll just keep an eye on it the next week and see. Hopefully it'll arrive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭RustyP

I signed up on the 18th November and got a dispatch email this morning from Apple to say its on the way and will be with me by the 13th,and its a space grey iPad mini 2 32gb.

Same as that, ordered on the 17th, and it'll be with me by the 13th. Is it sent by courier or standard post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

RustyP wrote: »
    Same as that, ordered on the 17th, and it'll be with me by the 13th. Is it sent by courier or standard post?

I just got a text from DHL saying it will be delivered tomorrow

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Thanks for reply.
    I'll just keep an eye on it the next week and see. Hopefully it'll arrive

No worries.

Just got a text from DHL to say it's arriving tomorrow?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

I got it this morning, will be with me on the 13th too, 32gb happy days!

redmissb wrote: »
    I got it this morning, will be with me on the 13th too, 32gb happy days!

Ye seem to be getting yours earlier than the 28 days. Hopefully mine is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

If anyone from The Times is reading this, where's my 32gb? I only got 16. :(

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

I received mine this morning, 32GB IPAD MINI 2

grey colour

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

I'm new to the service as of last week. Is there a way to view the Sunday Times after today? Last week it naturally move onto Monday when I opened the app Monday morning. Not enough hours in the day to read all of the Sunday content so I'm wondering can I view it after today somehow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

neonman wrote:
    I'm new to the service as of last week. Is there a way to view the Sunday Times after today? Last week it naturally move onto Monday when I opened the app Monday morning. Not enough hours in the day to read all of the Sunday content so I'm wondering can I view it after today somehow ?

On the iPad I think you can read the last two weeks worth of papers. The app on my android phone only gives me the days news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Yes, there is. Click on the edition button and you can go back a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Yes, there is. Click on the edition button and you can go back a week.

Is that option available through the iPhone app as well ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ablelocks

the Ipad offer is back on for 1 week only - saw an ad on the front page of the newspaper today...

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Nice one just signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭RustyP

My ipad has gone from East Midlands-Leipzig-Shannon-Dublin, quick tour before I get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Offer is back on for 1 week, for the 32gb version (http://store.thetimes.ie/special-offers/ipad/ - says 16gb on the page, but confirmed on twitter it's 32).

I complained that newer subscribers get better deal, was told that's apple's fault... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Oh also, don't think I ever saw it mentioned here, if you subscribe to The Times, you get to subscribe to the Wall Street Journal for free too... (or at least I did...)

I just got another text from DHL to say it's being delivered today...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Hi All. Whats the appeal of this offer? The deal will cost you €390 (78 weeks X €5). But you can buy the iPad Mini 32Gb for €309 from Harvey Norman? Wife likes The Times but in print usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

dulpit wrote:
    Oh also, don't think I ever saw it mentioned here, if you subscribe to The Times, you get to subscribe to the Wall Street Journal for free too... (or at least I did...)

How does this work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

dulpit wrote: »
    I complained that newer subscribers get better deal, was told that's apple's fault... :confused:

I don't think Apple make 16GB versions any more.

Advertisement