Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2015 Graduates: Chapter Next!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

chrislad wrote: »
    Phew! I'm in!

*feels like he's talking to himself in here though*

Nice! Now you just need to decide your pace ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Singer wrote: »
    Nice! Now you just need to decide your pace ;)

I'm sticking to 10:18.

Probably. :D

(seriously, I will be though, and I'll push a bit harder if I'm not dead after 22+ miles)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

chrislad wrote:
    Phew! I'm in!

Congrats. Hows the training going?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Phew! I'm in!

Excellent, glad you got in!

Congrats. Hows the training going?

It's going well. I'm getting into the tough month now. I covered 180 miles last month, and it'll probably break 200 this month.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Phew! I'm in!

Delighted for ya Chris hope you kept the training up !!!!

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    Delighted for ya Chris hope you kept the training up !!!!

Oh I did. I had another reason anyway. I had my eye on your miles so far this year. I had a bad start so I was always trying to catch up as you're so steady. Passed you last week :D

Oh I did. I had another reason anyway. I had my eye on your miles so far this year. I had a bad start so I was always trying to catch up as you're so steady. Passed you last week :D

Well I'm delighted I kept you going !!! :)

Getting there now! 3 more hard weeks involving 20 mile runs, two more 40 mile weeks, then taper, taper, and taper!

Getting there now! 3 more hard weeks involving 20 mile runs, two more 40 mile weeks, then taper, taper, and taper!

Good stuff, lots of heavy mileage done Chris and hoping it stands to you!

• Advertisement

Keep going Chris the next few weeks are the hardest from memory last year I think in fact I actually cried after my 18 miler !!!

Keep going Chris the next few weeks are the hardest from memory last year I think in fact I actually cried after my 18 miler !!!

I'm not too far off. I had 6 yesterday evening, and my legs felt like they were running the last 6 of the marathon. I was in bits unless they finally warmed up after 3.5 miles.

I'm not too far off. I had 6 yesterday evening, and my legs felt like they were running the last 6 of the marathon. I was in bits unless they finally warmed up after 3.5 miles.

Epsom salt bath good for achey legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I'm having leg issues myself. I don't have a bath but by gosh I've been tempted to rent a hotel room somewhere just so I can have one! Most expensive bath ever if I did!

Doing Charleville on Sunday. Really torn between going for sub 2, or just a MP run for about 2:10 or an easy 2:20.

Doing Charleville on Sunday. Really torn between going for sub 2, or just a MP run for about 2:10 or an easy 2:20.

Go for sub-2, revenge for last year's half!

Will keep an eye out for so Chris, will be there myself. I am going for a pb!

Watch time of 1:56:59. Might be slightly faster on chip time. Happy out.

Nice, well done :)

Singer wrote: »
    Nice, well done :)

Thanks. Delighted. I felt very comfortable, though the bridge at mile 11 or so does take more out of you than you think. Overall, I ran it very even but I was close to max effort, as my HR was about 177 average. I was able for the last bit in a sprint finish so I know I definitely have sub 1:55 in me soon enough.

• Advertisement

Nicely done :)

Good man Chris, the race gods smiled favourably on us today. I was happy out with rain and the race today.

My gross time on the results was 1:44, not net time showing but I am going to go with my watch of 1:43:43.

Race report here for anyone who's interested

Ugh, still feeling very 'shook' after that weekend 20 milers. Tonights 6 is going to be a lot of fun. I am definitely at the stage where I need to taper down!!!

w00t! Taper! Taper! Taper!

Enjoy Chris ! Hope to see you in mcgrattans afterwards.

No dubgal to keep us on the straight and narrow this time though! :pac:

Enjoy the taper, hope you don't go too crazy.

Enjoy Chris ! Hope to see you in mcgrattans afterwards.

I'm not 100% sure what I'll be doing after but I'll do my best. Im heading back down to Limerick soon after.

Tis great to get to this stage in good nick, feeling quiet excited about it all...whereas last year the body was creaking. No niggles and did my first/last 20 miler of my training plan today. Nothing mad now for 3 weeks and hopefully a good day for us all. Hoping to catch a few of ye after the race in McGrattans too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

For those of you tapering away (and everybody else, too!) - why don't you use the spare time to pop into the Novices thread for a few words of wisdom / encouragement for the class of 2016 (a lot of you already do, so thanks lot for that!). They're doing great but like us last year, can do with all the help / advice they can get.

Hopefully the weather will be like this three weeks from now, it would be just about perfect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭conor_mc

nop98 wrote: »
    For those of you tapering away (and everybody else, too!) - why don't you use the spare time to pop into the Novices thread for a few words of wisdom / encouragement for the class of 2016 (a lot of you already do, so thanks lot for that!). They're doing great but like us last year, can do with all the help / advice they can get.

Hopefully the weather will be like this three weeks from now, it would be just about perfect!

Done! ;)

Quick straw poll for some advice guys if I may? I've had achilles trouble the last four weeks, took two weeks off, then ran DCHM at easy pace (1:58) with a couple of wu/cd miles, since then I've only really done one short midweek run each week (3-4m), but I've got a couple of LSR's (20m & 17m) done in the two weekends since. Both were strained towards the end, I definitely didn't finish them as strongly as I would have liked.

So my question is this - given that I haven't maintained the intensity over the past month, should I focus on tapering with more short runs or try to get in another LSR or two (say 16m this weekend, 14m next?)

I was following the Boards plan pretty well up until the start of Sept, but I'm thinking if I taper I'll just use HHN1 and adjust goals accordingly. What say ye?

Advertisement