Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2015 Graduates: Chapter Next!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Definitely. It was my first race since December with the Birdhill 5k. I didn't go as fast as I could have, but I did go as fast as I could have AND stay comfortable at the same time. At no stage did I feel the need to slow down. While overcast, it was still fairly warm today, and there was a drizzle about mile 3 that was borderline orgasmic, it was so good! It helped that I was pacing someone so I didn't want to leave them behind either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

diego_b wrote: »
    Nice words up above C! Well done on your run Chris and I hope to be running in DCM this year and will be trying for London in the ballot again.

Tough day at the office for me, got a pb for the half in Limerick of 1:47:44. Nearly a minute faster than Connemara but it was not a well paced race for me. I went out for 1:45, on target at 5 miles, minute slower than target at 10 mile and it just got slower from there. Got my goal C target but if I had ran it better I probably could have gotten in the 1:46s and not had my slowest mile my last mile. Lots to learn and inspiration for a proper training plan and not picking target times that I have not been specifically training for.

Well done D a pb is a pb and you've been knocking them out of the park recently. Don't be too hard on yourself learn from your race and onto the next target. Well done anyway.

Nice words up above C! Well done on your run Chris and I hope to be running in DCM this year and will be trying for London in the ballot again.

Tough day at the office for me, got a pb for the half in Limerick of 1:47:44. Nearly a minute faster than Connemara but it was not a well paced race for me. I went out for 1:45, on target at 5 miles, minute slower than target at 10 mile and it just got slower from there. Got my goal C target but if I had ran it better I probably could have gotten in the 1:46s and not had my slowest mile my last mile. Lots to learn and inspiration for a proper training plan and not picking target times that I have not been specifically training for.

Limerick has some deceptively tough hills. The one just past Thomond Park is a drag, plus the one by the GAA grounds just seems to go on and on and on.

A guy I work with said the course was nowhere as nice as last year, with the change that ended up looping back so you met other runners slower than you. Lot of giving out and crossing over the the 'wrong' side of the road, I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    Well done D a pb is a pb and you've been knocking them out of the park recently. Don't be too hard on yourself learn from your race and onto the next target. Well done anyway.

Thanks Mrs Mc, it was funny as it went how I expected it would go if I wasn't able for my target for the day but with 5 miles to go and thinking uugh this is going to hurt was not so good!!
    chrislad wrote: »
    Limerick has some deceptively tough hills. The one just past Thomond Park is a drag, plus the one by the GAA grounds just seems to go on and on and on.

A guy I work with said the course was nowhere as nice as last year, with the change that ended up looping back so you met other runners slower than you. Lot of giving out and crossing over the the 'wrong' side of the road, I heard.

True enough Chris, I actually thought today that whilst I like the event I don't like the route at all. I hate coming back into the city to go back out again. Also I was thinking for the first time today that despite the support I think I might prefer country side marathons and proper hills. The inclines at parts today did not help and felt I could not gain so was net losing times on drags like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

DCM graduates London 2017 ballot opens tomorrow..... Just saying .... Putting it out there .... Just in case ....
    Is that a challenge??? I'll apply tomorrow when I get back home. Currently down in Limerick for marathon number 2, 4:05:50, DCM was 4:31:52, I'd have loved to got a sub four hour but I'm happy out with that time.

• Advertisement

Great Limerick run half marathon race report

In short, as above...went for 1:45. Got a pb of 1:47:44 but it hurt!

No just an information sharing post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

DCM graduates London 2017 ballot opens tomorrow..... Just saying .... Putting it out there .... Just in case ....

I've applied.... though I have very low expectations of getting a place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Name in. Fingers crossed. There's always Rotterdam, I suppose.

Me too ! Sure ya never know ! Just realised if we get in we will have to run a marathon !!!

• Advertisement

Applied as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Me too ! Sure ya never know ! Just realised if we get in we will have to run a marathon !!!
    Applied as well!
    Name in. Fingers crossed. There's always Rotterdam, I suppose.

Who's on flapjack duty? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

If y'all make it through to London, I'm coming along to cheer!

If y'all make it through to London, I'm coming along to cheer!

Flapjacks sorted so Singer !!! C makes a mean flapjack !!!

Flapjacks sorted so Singer !!! C makes a mean flapjack !!!

Aw shucks. Thanks! I'd be happy to bring the flapjacks to London. :D

I woke at 4am, a bit wired post race and was browsing and saw London was open, so I applied too. I'm sure there's a lesson in there somewhere about decision making in the AM :)

I got home from Limerick about lunchtime today; mug of coffee, apply for London and then unpack in that order.

No major DOMS yet, my legs are a bit stiff but nothing major so no idea whats in store tomorrow or maybe I'm just incredibly lucky this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Singer wrote: »
    I've applied.... though I have very low expectations of getting a place :)

What are the odds on getting a place from the lottery - any better than winning the national lottery?

Phoebas wrote: »
    What are the odds on getting a place from the lottery - any better than winning the national lottery?

If you're not in you can't win !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

If you're not in you can't win !!!!

I'm in so.

• Advertisement

Gotta admit I'm a little jealous of you guys! If I had a qualifying time I'd be signing up too!

Gotta admit I'm a little jealous of you guys! If I had a qualifying time I'd be signing up too!

You don't have to have a qualifying time C it's a lotto ballot. Sure my DCM time would only qualify if I was aged 65 to 69

Mrs Mc wrote:
    You don't have to have a qualifying time C it's a lotto ballot. Sure my DCM time would only qualify if I was aged 65 to 69

You don't? I thought there was a qualifying time just to get into the lottery. I'm sure I heard people mention it. Well now...hmmm.

You don't? I thought there was a qualifying time just to get into the lottery. I'm sure I heard people mention it. Well now...hmmm.

Don't think so check the website the only time you had to key in was what you expected to do it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

GFA qualifying time is a separate entry. Ballot is for the rest of us. No qualifier required.

What's GFA? I'm pretty sure it asked me both my last time and my expected finish time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Gillo wrote: »
    What's GFA? I'm pretty sure it asked me both my last time and my expected finish time.

good for age, it does ask for your previous marathon time but it won't affect whether you get through or not - have a look here

Firedance wrote: »
    good for age, it does ask for your previous marathon time but it won't affect whether you get through or not - have a look here

Do you think I could pass for 70-75?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

I'm working on my own wrinkles as we speak :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

That's a good point all the same - don't recall any age verification process for Boston! They check the photo ID at the expo but I don't think they bothered with the date of birth.

Advertisement