Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2015 Graduates: Chapter Next!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭smashiner

chrislad wrote: »
    2 weeks in and I'm back at the "how the **** am I going to keep this up for 26.2 stage" after 13.1 miles :)

Ha Ha Chrislad,
    I know exactly what you mean!
    I did a 15.5K slow run yesterday in the heat in prepp for the Rock 'N Roll HM on the 07th of August and it nearly killed me :eek:

I did the DCM in 2014 and 2015 and I am defo not doing the DCM this year and I am happy with that call. Going to do this HM and then hibernate for the winter...... :D
    # Lazy ass training for 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Put in my entry last night, finished the first week of my plan so said I might as well get that entry in if I am going training for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

diego_b wrote: »
    Put in my entry last night, finished the first week of my plan so said I might as well get that entry in if I am going training for this.

Me too was shoved over the fence I've been sitting on no turning back now !!!

Mrs Mc wrote: »

Me too was shoved over the fence I've been sitting on no turning back now !!!

Haha good stuff, fingers crossed we toe the start line in one piece! Good luck with your training A!

Haha good stuff, fingers crossed we toe the start line in one piece! Good luck with your training A!

Cheers D you too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Ugh first run on holidays tomorrow. Do not want.

Ugh first run on holidays tomorrow. Do not want.
    Too hot for a long run over here. It's hitting 23 degrees at 6am but I managed to get 32 miles done this week so I'm happy enough with that.

I did 19k yesterday morning in the warm drizzle, weird weather but a nice change from the heat that we had recently. Really happy with the run as it was my longest of the year so far and my dodgy ankle is fine today!

Looking forward to the R&R HM in two weeks time ;), are any of you guys doing it??

smashiner wrote: »
    I did 19k yesterday morning in the warm drizzle, weird weather but a nice change from the heat that we had recently. Really happy with the run as it was my longest of the year so far and my dodgy ankle is fine today!

Looking forward to the R&R HM in two weeks time ;), are any of you guys doing it??

I'm doing it Smash, wish they'd feck off spamming me with so many emails for the extra runs they have on that weekend.

I was going to do it but travel etc is just too awkward for one race. It's just not worth it as I'd be up for the race then straight back down

• Advertisement

I'm doing it Smash, wish they'd feck off spamming me with so many emails for the extra runs they have on that weekend.

Hi diego_B, yeah, I am getting bombarded with the 'remix' and 'extra bling' crap too :(

Hopefully I will get to see you on the day, I am looking to just clip 2 hours with the friend of mine that collapsed last year at the DCHM at 12 miles and ended up in hospital (over hydrated prior to the race). It is his third attempt at a HM (injured on the first) and his missus said he can only do it if we stay together and I 'mind him'......no pressure :eek:

Sorry you can't make it chrislad, but it is a lot of hassle for a HM including the early start.

Not doing the DCM this year so I am looking forward to this one as I have never run it before.

smashiner wrote: »
    Hi diego_B, yeah, I am getting bombarded with the 'remix' and 'extra bling' crap too :(

Hopefully I will get to see you on the day, I am looking to just clip 2 hours with the friend of mine that collapsed last year at the DCHM at 12 miles and ended up in hospital (over hydrated prior to the race). It is his third attempt at a HM (injured on the first) and his missus said he can only do it if we stay together and I 'mind him'......no pressure :eek:

Sorry you can't make it chrislad, but it is a lot of hassle for a HM including the early start.

Not doing the DCM this year so I am looking forward to this one as I have never run it before.

Good stuff, I'll keep my eye out for you. I'll be wearing a club, blue St. Brendan's AC top. Fingers crossed for your mate that it goes well for him this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Rory37

Signed up and ready to go again, I (we) must be mad! See you all Oct. 30th......:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I resisted temptation and didn't sign up. Marathon is not my focus this year but by golly by gosh it would have been nice to be part of the buzz!

Eep. Registration closed. Right before I got it. Dammit. Guess I'm hoping for more entries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

Hi folks, the 2016 novices are meeting up for a some shared LSR miles in the Phoenix Park on Saturday, 9am.. See the novices thread for details, or PM me for details... Consider yourselves invited!

Eep. Registration closed. Right before I got it. Dammit. Guess I'm hoping for more entries.

Bummer Chris :(

Feck Chris!

nop98 wrote: »
    Hi folks, the 2016 novices are meeting up for a some shared LSR miles in the Phoenix Park on Saturday, 9am.. See the novices thread for details, or PM me for details... Consider yourselves invited!

cant make it unfortunately nop hope it goes well hard to believe that was when we all met last year .... Little did we know what was ahead of us !!!!

nop98 wrote: »

Would love to be able to make it N but unfortunately cannot make it! Hopefully there might be some more before the big day that I might be up that end of the country for.

• Advertisement

Feck Chris!

I know, I know. It's my own fault, I just didn't want to be spending it before holidays and right after. I also got rid of Facebook on my phone a while back so I wasn't in the loop with their updates, and it didn't sell out at all last year.

I'll keep an eye on it. They *may* allow transfers so it could open up. I'm also looking at Frankfurt on the same day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

FYI guys (Chris in particular) no idea what this is but could possibly be more places

https://www.facebook.com/dublinmarathon/?fref=nf

Firedance wrote: »
    FYI guys (Chris in particular) no idea what this is but could possibly be more places

I'm not listening. Lalalalalala.

Firedance wrote: »

I've reinstalled the Facebook app, and I'm checking regularly. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

I got on the list fairly early. I'm not optimistic. It's a tad unfair that they are giving preference to those who took part in the full series (though I can see why) as that's basically catering to those from Dublin. I'm never going to do a 200 mile round trip for a 5 mile, 10k or 10 mile race, and I can't make the Half this year due to a family wedding.

Fingers crossed though. At least we will know by the end of the month, so not too long to wait.

Ugh, less than 3 months after buying a new pair, Strava is telling me I need more new shoes!!!

Ah, the only next best thing to taper: Step Back Week

:D

Phew! I'm in!

*feels like he's talking to himself in here though*

• Advertisement

Phew! I'm in!

*feels like he's talking to himself in here though*

Happy for ya!