Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭pureza

The avios price plus a few 100 in cash is around 60k avios iirc,so 46k avios is good value imho especially as it will come with lounge access and 8 to 10hrs of a flat bed seat with a good dinner/breakfast and booze complimentary if you want that and the EI arrivals lounge if it's still there

Doubtful you'd get tier credits for an avios upgrade

Not sure about a pure cash upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Cash upgrade (not a bid to upgrade) will earn at full J rate

Upgrade via Avios unlikely to earn (and if it does it would be on the original Y ticket)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Thanks!

If I retain platinum without using my upgrade coupon this year do I have 2x to use next year or is it "use it or lose it" thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dochogan

That thread is inactive, but I have the solution. Filling in your mobile number on the Aer Credit Card portal doesn't work. You have to wait for the email from Bank of Ireland with a special link. When you click on that link, it takes you to the portal where you enter your AerClub username and password and then your card is linked (no mobile number required). I received the email two days after my card arrived.

• Advertisement

Strange, I rang Aerclub this morning and the guy told me they stack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭thebiglad

I was Concierge for years and now dropped to Platinum - in all that time my flight upgrade vouchers expired each year.

Last November I put in a cheeky request for upgrades (I have only 1 on Platinum) but didn't use 2 of my Concierge last year - tried the 'i was Concierge for x years line' but - was told - 1 upgrade only, any unused benefits had expired - that was via email, not telephone - unsure if its a different team.

Maybe it has changed in the last few months - send them an email to ask the question and get it in writing - stating you had a call with x on y date will probably not suffice if the info is wrong or, they misunderstood.

Be great if they are carrying over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

They won't carry them over

I even tried to use them to upgrade to AerSpace on some flights to burn them before expiry, revenue team said no, even though it was a zero cost item for them as AerSpace is hardly running as full

I contacted Aer Lingus about this yesterday and posters above are right it seems, use it or lose it. The guy on the phone was v helpful so they are going to listen back to my previous call. I've asked for refund of the Avios and them to swap in my coupon.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭vegandinner

I’ve just been triple awarded for my recent hotel stays from AerClub. I’m usually the one chasing them to apply mission credits, now the error is in my favour, how likely is it that when I go to use the Avios they’ll check my transaction history and I’ll be caught?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭TheBetsy

What platform were the hotels booked? I was double credited for a flight to the US with BA before and it was never caught

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SB Morer

I had a Booking.com award credited twice, but they reversed the transaction about 3 weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Anyone know how long it takes for avios to be rewarded on Avios hotels?

Usually Booking.com comes up as pending etc but avios hotels appears not.

Also, aspire still not open in Schiphol.

This has turned into a complete pain. Aer Lingus are refusing to back down on this even though the agent told me it would carry over. I'm down 46k Avios and will lose an upgrade coupon. Just flagging as a warning to anyone else considering it.

On the plus side, 3K on EI-GAJ gave me 6.5 hours of great sleep on the way home. Plaza Premium lounge in Orlando was grand but very busy. Limited food options and a very nice bar to sit at. Biggest bonus was the showers after a day at Universal Studios.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SB Morer

Email says the Avios are awarded 35 days after check-out. Can’t speak from experience yet, though I do have a few upcoming bookings as this site seems to be more price competitive recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Does anyone know how long spending on the Aer credit card takes to feed into the aer credit card portal? Where it counts down from the €5,000 spend for the free flights.

For me with points and spending it's just a couple of working days after the relevant statement in which you have passed the spending requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Booked my two free flights. But now want to potentially change them but literally can’t find who to ask!? Aerlingus said they can’t, have emailed AerClub with no reply. Any one any contact info?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

I don’t see how AerLingus can’t - it’s not as if Bank of Ireland will do it!

This is from the T&C's of the Aer Credit Card free flights - unfortunately it is clear

Once you make Free Fare reservations, you cannot amend them. If you cancel a Free Fare reservation a replacement flight or voucher will not be provided.

• Advertisement

I would try make a claim under the travel insurance that comes with the card,assuming you have a valid reason not to fly what was booked

If you don't fly the booking it's gone

They seem stupidly rigid in that respect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

I got just under 4k avios (1 point per €) last week for a family holiday I took in July through holidays with aer lingus. I had given up on ever getting them, and when I had phoned aer lingus around that time they added my FF number to my booking so I got avios points for my flights out and back too.

It will be challenging to put a financial value on the flights so I would not expect the insurance company to entertain it, whatever the reason.

Agree they should apply the same terms as a revenue flight, if the alternate date is available then change each ticket for a fee -I personally believe the 2 free flights is the worst perk of the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I’m looking at business class flights for work to SF but the direct flights business class is sold out. I can connect through the usuals NY / Chicago etc but will the partner airline be business as well? I did it once before connecting with Jet Blue and I was economy with Jet Blue. What about American or United? Would they be business or economy? Anyone any experience?

If its american airlines it will be

If its jet blue look for mint suite in the description

Tbh,you'd be better going on BA via T5 Or booking direct in mint with jetble via Bos or jfk

Punch your route into Google flights and see what comes up

Air Canada looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I would go elsewhere but going with AL with give me tier credits and Avios and I’m trying to keep my concierge status

Aspire lounge in Schiphol opens today. looks really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭g0g

Will be in AMS Wednesday. Anyone know if Aspire is close to where the backup one was?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭TheBetsy

Hi all having a bit of an issue with the Aer Credit Card portal at the moment. Having signed up in early 2023, my one year anniversary has come and gone but my account never updated. Ie. 2024 passes and benefits etc never added and anniversary date still still says Jan 2024 which is obviously now in the past.

Aer Club have said its BOI who reset the accounts at the anniversary date but BOI have said that this is Aer Clubs responsibility so kind of going around in circles with them here, has anyone ever encountered this before?

• Advertisement

No its not. Its near the clock lounge 41 i think its number is. its on the same floor as mcdonalds near pier d. theres an elevator to it.

Advertisement