Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Just for balance, the change in AerClub rules works out better for me.

My date was May, I'm flying to US in April and was going to fall just short of Concierge before going back to zero. As it now stands, I have a better chance of making Concierge in 2025.

So swings and roundabouts I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

I’m 80 off silver and was currently due to renew in June, now I’ll reset to zero in a few days time. It’s lousy.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

I'm in a similar position. I have flights booked to get me to Silver but will now reset early. Goes against the terms agreed when signing up. You would think if EI valued their customers they would extend the period out or maybe pro-rata it. It seems customers suffer due to an EI change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Similar. Renewal is late April and I'll be 131 short of concierge and had potential more travel between now and then which will no longer count. They should have offered more options or yeah even consider pro rata it

I travel quite a bit and would actually use the benefits. Tempted to book a flexi fare somewhere between now and the end of the month and get the 80 in but at the same time, the benefits ain’t worth THAT much :)

• Advertisement

Could be worth it if you can find any reason. Return advantage to UK 200ish quid and you have lounge both ends on flights plus fasttrack plus priority board plus didn't it allow carry on or something too?

Yeah, all of the above. Is there a way of knowing exactly how many Aer Club points you’ll get at time of booking? It’s around €277 return to LHR same day Tues/Wed week using my Avios towards it.

Yeah it's 15, 25, 40, 50 tier credits per fare I think for EU/UK depending on which of the 4 fare levels you pay Saver/Plus/Advantage/Aerspace

So an Advantage round trip is 80 tier credits

Not sure if I’d be mad or happy I did it come April 1st 😉

Actually, I’m 81 points short so I’d have to book one leg AerSpace - pushes it to €350 return. Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Round trip to Donegal (€200 ish) for a weekend should see me to Concierge if I'm reading the count-back from April 1st 2023 correctly. The Business class upgrade coupons work out to approx €4k value I reckon so it makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Hoping someone can help!

I have the AerClub app on my iPhone but when I click Collect - Shopping Online and select any store the “Shop Now” button doesn’t launch the website.

Works fine on a laptop but not the phone. I’ve deleted app and reinstalled it but no luck.

On a separate matter, I was trying to reset my security questions when logging in and rang the helpline who advised me to reset them I’d have to send them my Passport which I did by email (help@avios.com) but never heard anything back. Was that strange, asking for my passport?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Buy a Reward Flight now directly on Aer Lingus Website

Seems they have now finally integrated the Buy A Reward Flights (their words not mine) away from the Avios Webpage into aerlingus.com !

Either via the AerClub part of the website here: Buy a Reward Flight - Aer Lingus or via this interface: https://rewards.aerlingus.com/

It's still not really easy to find availability over a longer period as it's still only showing a few days before/after the date entered but at least it looks better and easier to use than the Avios page.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

I'm 71 points short of Platinum, expiring Friday this week. Would anybody bother to do a same day LHR (or anywhere!) to move up? I can work in the airport no problem, so it's a question of whether the cost and inconvenience is worth it to get a business upgrade I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Will you be able to get value from the TATL upgrade? I honestly wouldn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Do you travel with people? Becasue i travel twice a month an the only difference i noticed was being able to bring in guests to the lounge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

Avios site is now sunset, booking is live on aerlingus.com

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Mainly with people who also have access so not really a factor. Fast track and priority boarding is the same, so it really boils down to that one upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I really wanna join the aerlingus thing anyone know how I could:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/

Unless you fly Aer Lingus a lot (or buy a lot of stuff in shops/websites that give Avios, or get the credit card and spend tens of thousands a year on it), it isn't really worth it bar having contact/passport details saved on the website.

I have 2x Fastpass & 2x Lounge Access coupons through the Aer Credit Card that I'm giving to a mate and his other half & 6 year old.

Two questions;

• I'm assuming there won't be an issue with 2 adults & 1 kid going through fast pass on 2x vouchers?
    • They're travelling to Orlando. Will the Lounge Access coupons allow them into 51st & Green?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lounge pass is for the pre-CBP Aer Lingus lounge only. 51st and Green is a DAA lounge and Aer Lingus only pay in for business class.

Officially kids need their own fast track.

Nice one, thanks. I've found there's a decent bit of leeway between officially and reality so will pass them on as planned.

On 51st & Green; I went in there recently with AerClub Platinum. Wasn't Business class outbound.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pureza

Well you must have met an intern on his/her first day because you should have been refused access on that basis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Platinum and Concierge members get access to 51st & Green regardless of travel class.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Oh yes i forgot that! Cork is my airport so id forgot

Where is that a published benefit ?

I know it's a Dublin airport club benefit

Edit : https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/aerclub-tiers/moving-tiers/#/tab-2-platinum

I See it is

Every day is a school day

With a guest too

That's handy

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭TheBetsy

Is anyone aware of how to transfer Avios from Aer Club to BAEC now that the Avios.com website has been closed down?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Thousands a year no I don't have that much money like you guys sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭VG31

You should be able to do it on the BA site but it doesn't seem to be working now. It saying I'm "not eligible" in my BAEC account and Iberia Plus is saying Combine My Avios is not available.

• Advertisement

I wasn't able to do it because of an address error

Both addresses in the separate accounts have to be an Exact match

Advertisement