Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

The new reward flight booking process is 100 times better than the previous one. Still issues with the payment processing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

One can now Earn Tier Credits on British Airways (BA) operated flights ticketed by Aer Lingus (EI) or British Airways (BA)

https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/aerclub-tiers/tier-benefits/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭BigMoose

That's fantastic for work trips I have to make outside the EI network where I can fly premium economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pureza

EI flights also crediting to BA

140 tp's on DUB to JFK EWR,lax etc each way

280 return

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

All sounds positive. Does this mean there is a central tiers balance maintained for both EI and BA flights?

Do we need to add anything to bookings to make this happen?

• Advertisement

No, it means you choose where you want to get your tier credits to go, either EI or BA and hence you decide where you will get status. However, there is acceptance in status benefits at the moment, so your EI status won't let you into the BA lounges when only traveling BA and vice versa.

It's simply a means to allow you to credit some tier points into the other's program so that you can get status there, but if you frequent travel on both BA and EI you still need to attain status on both of them separately to get any benefits for each program.

All you need to do is to enter the appropiate frequent flyer number into the booking, depending on where you want the tier credits to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭DubDani

I have a quick question around Avios upgrade. Can this also be done for cheap economy flights booked via a third party site or only for flights that were booked via the Aer Lingus site?

I have flights booked for later this month from DUB to LAS and am thinking about using some of my BA Avios to upgrade the Aer Lingus part of my flights (DUB-LAX and SFO-DUB) to Business. Is that possible and if so, how do I find out if there is availability for my dates before I transfer my miles out of my BA account over to Aerclub?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

Now that Aerlingus and Qatar airways have implemented their codeshare agreement, could this have any implications regarding possiblity of getting Aer club points through Qatar?

I think it’s another indication that One world alliance is back on the cards for Aer lingus at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pureza

I wouldnt worry about transferring from BA to EI because you can transfer back again just as quick

You find out if theres availability simply by ringing aerclub,they wont lie and will search for you and a lot quicker than you or I because they can see a calendar view

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭thebiglad

If its Avios you are referring to, transfer them from Qatar to BA and then from BA into Aer Club - did it last year.

• Advertisement

Went through T2 today and noticed there’s a separate security line for US flights but can you still use Fast Track if going to the US with Aerclub status?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭RMDrive

I saw the signs for the US line a few weeks ago, but I just went through fast track as normal. Didn't really have a look at what it meant, but can confirm that you can still go to the states while going through fast track.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Its a temporary setup, I believe its down to the baggage scanners and body scanners to meet CBP requirements, once all bays are fitted it goes away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

Someone from EI came up on LinkedIn the other day raving about their new Aer Club programme.

I don’t see the positives myself when I log in this morning….

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

Same here, 360 credits gone. I know current status is extended but this still sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Have you checked again this afternoon?

Mine updated to Concierge after showing Green for a while this morning.

I would’ve made silver before June (my natural anniversary) so I couldn’t drop any lower. Flying to Malaga on Tues for work so the cycle kicks off again…

This is probably a stupid question, but if I fly on EI metal on a BA ticket having given BA my Aerclub number, I assume I get tier points etc? Can I also use the EI lounge? I want to go DUB-CPH which you can't book via EI but can via BA (you can go direct with Ryanair, but what's the fun in that? Tier points from both legs makes arsing about in LHR more appealing)

You will get Tier Credits for both the DUB-LHR and LHR-CPH legs if you enter your AerClub number into the booking. Same on the return journey.

You will get Tier Credits on Aer Lingus (EI) operated flights within Europe ticketed by British Airways, 25 for Plus, 15 for Saver and 7.5 for Saver (Sales or Promotional). That covers DUB-LHR.

And then you will Earn Tier Credits on British Airways (BA) operated flights ticketed by British Airways (BA) depending on the cabin/Class between 7.5 and 50 (Club Europe). That covers LHR-CPH.

Lounge Access in Dublin is as per your AerClub Status, but CPH is not going to accept your AerClub status for Lounge access on the way back if the ticket is provided by BA.

However, if you have Platinum or above you should get access to the Galleries Club in LHR when connecting EI > BA on your way to CPH. You might have to ask the lounge staff to consult the lounge access book as it's not widely known that EI > BA will give you access if it's on the same ticket.

Just make sure you have the AerClub number on both boarding passes and the digital card for LHR lounge.

Also, this is based on my experience, your milage might vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭claregal1

Hi all just found this thread and have signed up for the card etc. Is there anyway off adding flights that have already been booked to get the points ? I’ve just booked 2 trips with Aer Lingus one to NY in Dec and Prague in Nov.

I also travelled to NY on BA last March can this flight be added too?

Thanks !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭beachhead

Thats good to read about Avios transfers between Qatar,BA and AL. But it doesn't apply to all one world airlines.I tried to move Cathay Pacific miles and there is no option that I could find on the CP site

not the past flight but the two you’ve booked just go into your booking and add your member number or add it when you’re checking in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

300 gone for me to and was flying a lot extra with them to get to platinum

Thanks for all this - good to know. The way back is grand as I'm travelling with a BA Gold member. Have booked it all through BA with my Aerclub number - annoyingly you can't choose or even pay for a seat on the EI leg but you can on the BA ones. Cant see where it says type of economy ticket these are on the confirmation email, it just says "economy" for the EI leg and "euro traveller" for the BA ones.

I'm annoyed at losing 195 tier points but on reflection earning on BA will really help as I would have done this trip Ryanair previously and I'll do a couple of premium economy trips to places like India that I've have earned sod all use tier wise previously as I dont do enough BA to keep both at status.

Check your inboxes, the mails about the status review based on the last twelve month are going out.

I assume it's going to be a lot of unhappy and a few very happy customers (like me).

I got extended my status until 31 March 2026 (because I earned enough over the past 12 month but also because my current date was 06/25).

But what surprised me the most is that they say that "To maintain your Concierge Tier beyond 31 March 2026 you will need to earn 1051 Tier Credits before the Qualification Period ending 31 March 2026." That would mean I have 2 years to collect the required points, which would be generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

my other half got upgraded to silver despite not having enough credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Same! :) I was 140ish points short of concierge by 21/04 but got concierge email valid to end March 26! Hope it's not a typo!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭notuslimited

I am told that tier credits will zero out on 31 March 2025. The wording in the email is wrong I am told.

Yes, I assume so and in reality 1 April 2025 to 31 March 2026 is the qualification period for me, otherwise soft landing it is.

So anything I do this qualification year only matters for vouchers etc, but not status.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Tier Status and Tier Benefits Extension:
    The good news is that your current Tier status and any remaining applicable Tier benefits will be protected and extended until 31st March 2025. If your current Tier status already exceeds 31st March 2025, it will be extended to 31st March 2026.

That was in the original email. My date was late April so gets extended as I read it from that

Advertisement