Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

My wife spoke to them, they confirmed that all points reset to zero, you keep your current tier until April 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I spoke to them aswell just now out of curiosity. No exceptions being made, tier bonuses (coupons) won't be refreshed until April 2025 and the dept. making the decisions are not even accepting queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Great customer service to their loyal flyers........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭BigMoose

So what looked like a nice free 4 month extension to my status actually sucks as I lose 4 moths tier points but get no renewal of rewards (free upgrade) and have to wait 4 moths longer for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

I completed the flights that qualified me for Silver & it took fully 10 weeks before they actually credited me the TCs and refreshed my status. 8 emails, interaction with the Twitter team and 3 calls. Ridiculous stuff - night & day from AA & DL, the other programs I have status/experience with, they don't give a rats about frequent fliers which will/is hurting them (no pre check for example).

I literally laugh out loud when I see that ad that says "at Aer Lingus we're simply people who do everything we can for the people who fly with us" or something to that effect. It's such a brazen lie I wouldn't be surprised to see it in a Mario Rosestock skit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

That's how I see it too. Really screws you if your original expiry was 6ish months away and you've used the coupon.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Has anyone used the new aspire in AMS?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Every time i give Aer Lingus another chance they pull another stunt. Back to KLM for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭ULEZ23

On the change curve I’ve jumped past the anger and straight to acceptance.

Not going to lose any sleep over this and accept that any chasing will be pointless and very bad for blood pressure so I’m no longer loyal to aer Lingus. Too much of a history of shafting frequent fliers with status. I’ll take my step down to silver from platinum in apr 25 as I won’t be making the effort to fly with them, if they are the cheapest and time works fair enough but no more playing the chasing the tier credits game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭g0g

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Noxegon

It's insane to me that an airline focused so much on transatlantic service still doesn't offer TSA PreCheck.

I had to wait something like 90 minutes to clear security at Chicago ORD....

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Do you not need to be a US citizen to get TSA PreCheck?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭x567

The issue, as explained to me by TSA staff while in a long security queue at JFK recently, is that Aer Lingus don’t offer it...

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

You need to be a US citizen or a legal resident of the US to get PreCheck. There is a bit more flexability with Global entry but still that's not open to Irish citizens, unless they are legally resident in the US.

I stand corrected. I was flying with someone that has GE through a second passport, but they still couldn't get TSA Pre at JFK with EI, although they do get it with AA, Jetblue and others. I presume US citizens and legal residents are similarly affected then?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yeah, you have to go through regular security with EI regardless of if you have PreCheck or not. GE is, thankfully, unaffected - it makes DUB Pre Clearance a less compelling option imo.

Can Irish even get GE? Just looking it up and Ireland isn’t listed. I have British and Irish passports so presumably could apply as a Brit. To bring this back to aerclub, main reason I dont switch from EI is I do DUB-BOS a few times a year plus the odd other US trip and almost doubling the journey time via LHR and then having to queue for US immigration when I get there does not appeal. But GE would help. I know Delta do DUB-BOS but their pricing seems bonkers whenever I’ve looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

if you are a returning Visa Waiver Program travelers with approved ESTA you could use Mobile Passport Control which gives you a separate lane too like Global Entry,

Its now also available in Dublin and Shannon.

It’s a little bit more hassle than GE but still easier than talking to an officer.

Wont give you TSA pre however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Tea2

I have dual passports too and applied for it my British one, no problem. Think the UK background check took around 3 weeks at the time.

TSA Pre has nothing to do with the airline you are on as fas as I know. You have to apply directly to the TSA and go through a fairly robust process to get approved, and one you get it your other half and kids have it as well. I am open to correction on that but I go to the US about once a month and have tried every way to get it and it's a hard no every time as I am Irish and live here.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭pureza

Meanwhile

The EI T2 lounge is about to get an awful lot busier

Bring your own folding chairs guys

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2154296-dublin-flights-move-dub-t2-june-2024-a.html

You have to apply directly to the TSA, yes.

However, being granted access to TSA PreCheck on a specific flight requires that your airline is also a participant in TSA PreCheck – and Aer Lingus doesn't participate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

There is an element of reciprocity here in international affairs.

Solution here is to get on the case of the DFA in Dublin as to why Ireland is not in Global Entry etc as we meet all the requirements to be in ESTA

Wow, it's pretty busy at the best of times already, although I've never bothered to look upstairs. Maybe after the cull and pissing folk off from April it will only be full of BA folk.

That's really interesting, I guess that maybe TSA charge the airline for being part of it and that's why EI have not joined?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Irish citizens cannot join Precheck or Global Entry, thats the biggest reason

With the advent of 4D scanning the whole basis of PreCheck is dead anyway as you can leave everything in your bag as is the case in Dublin already. EI status holders and J class passengers get to skip the line at certain US airports regardless, e.g. SFO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

I have some Qatar flights coming up via Doha to Malaysia and they earn Avios points? Whats the best way to consolidate them all? Set up wwith BA and merge all into that?

Also looking at all the Aer Club messing is there any point in looking at booking flights via BA and working from that side for lounge access, priority boarding etc. Is it even possible to book the EI Dub USA routes direct via BA?

• Advertisement

If that's the actual reason, it's short sighted. Aer Lingus is after transatlantic business and connecting flights to Europe – and American frequent travellers will avoid airlines without PreCheck – perhaps not the first time, but once bitten, twice shy.

As regards 4D scanning – one of the benefits of PreCheck is not having to take your shoes off for security. 4D scanning won't solve that one any time soon.

Advertisement