Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotterdam Marathon 10th April '16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

mbarr wrote: »
    Staying in King Kong Hostel. Paddy Murphies sounds good for after. Are people thinking of going straight there or home first to freshen up?

I'll be heading for a shower and change of clothes too. Always so cold after running!

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Sounds like there's a few of us in Citizen M so. Looking forward to some tasty pints after :)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭MacSwifty

We are in the Manhattan but only 4 of us but would be interested in meeting up afterwards! I'm sure we will find Murphy's!! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭irfrm

I have read on marathon website that no drinks can be passed from spectators to run news during race, and Oh is coming over and was planning that she could give me a bottle of water at mile 16,how strict are they?

Staying at Intel hotel just Saturday night and flying out Sunday so will have to miss Murphy's :(
    Training gone well except for the last few weeks were the motivation just wasn't there anyway going to have a go to get under the 3 hour mark again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

irfrm wrote: »
    I have read on marathon website that no drinks can be passed from spectators to run news during race, and Oh is coming over and was planning that she could give me a bottle of water at mile 16,how strict are they?

I was reading previous race reports from here on Rotterdam the other day and one of the lads who ran in 2014 took a drink from another runners missus at 16 miles, so take that whatever way you want. Couldn't be seen to be encouraging you to break the rules.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

It's technically against the rules of any permit races here, including DCM etc but people still do it. Unless you're breaking records etc I'd imagine no one will notice, or care. Though they might not be as laid back about it in Rotterdam as they are in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Bawnmore_Ent.

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Name| Race no| Current PB| Goal| Result
    Slogger Jogger |2154 |3:01:30 | 2:59:00|
    jahaco |6656 | 3:07:03 | 2:59:59
    tang1| 6844 |4.59.10| 3.19.45
    MacSwifty |6973 |3:20:29 | 3:25:00
    Paulers06| F2964|3.48.45| 3.39.59
    The Davestator|7966|3:51:11|3:49:59
    Younganne |F2692 |3:57:46 | 3:56:55
    Corny |9544 |4:31:29 | 3:59:59|
    Martyboy48 |9604 |3:18:41 | 3:14:59|
    Bawnmore_Ent. |2258 |3:21:20 | 3:10:00|

I hope i didnt kill the table, first time adding, as nervous about this as the impeding marathon.

Oh great it didnt die.

My wife cant travel so I have a spare mini marathon entry if anyone wants it (price:1 pint, post race).

I assumed there was going to be a 3:10 pacer same as Dublin, turns out there is not, anyone any suggestions? otherwise I will be looking at my watch ALOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Oh great it didnt die.

My wife cant travel so I have a spare mini marathon entry if anyone wants it (price:1 pint, post race).

I assumed there was going to be a 3:10 pacer same as Dublin, turns out there is not, anyone any suggestions? otherwise I will be looking at my watch ALOT.

I always use the virtual pacer when racing. A quick glance shows if you're on track. If your watch has that, that's the job. If not...?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Don't rely on any GPS-based function of your watch. It's not accurate or reliable enough. It's useful as a guide, but be prepared to go without it. Get a pace band (often available at marathon expos, or you can print one yourself), and use the time from your watch.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Oh great it didnt die.

I'm hoping to get to half way about 1:34 ish. Ideally something similar in the second half.
    You could follow me, though I might make a right mess of the pacing.

Younganne wrote: »
    What hotels is anyone staying in? E
    I'm in the CitizenM from Friday, would love to put a few names & faces together..

and where are we meeting after??

I'll be in the Bilderberg Park Hotel, Saturday and Sunday night with a few more Mayo people.
    Anybody else there?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭irfrm

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Name| Race no| Current PB| Goal| Result
    Slogger Jogger |2154 |3:01:30 | 2:59:00|
    jahaco |6656 | 3:07:03 | 2:59:59
    tang1| 6844 |4.59.10| 3.19.45
    MacSwifty |6973 |3:20:29 | 3:25:00
    Paulers06| F2964|3.48.45| 3.39.59
    The Davestator|7966|3:51:11|3:49:59
    Younganne |F2692 |3:57:46 | 3:56:55
    Corny |9544 |4:31:29 | 3:59:59|
    Martyboy48 |9604 |3:18:41 | 3:14:59|
    Bawnmore_Ent. |2258 |3:21:20 | 3:10:00|
    Irfrm|11226|3:09:50|2:59:59|

snailsong wrote:
    I'm hoping to get to half way about 1:34 ish. Ideally something similar in the second half. You could follow me, though I might make a right mess of the pacing.

That could be the business. I might PM you later if thats ok

It say AD mini marathon, so that's the 4.2k, for those that have enquired. It's so long ago I forgot which one I had booked.

That could be the business. I might PM you later if thats ok

No bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

4 mile BHAA today. Got the legs moving ahead of next week.
    Now what to do for the next 7 days. Twiddles thumbs...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭aero2k

I thought coffee shops would be more your style:D.

Besides, it's Holland, it has to be beer.

aero2k wrote: »
    I thought coffee shops would be more your style:D.

Besides, it's Holland, it has to be beer.

I'm a sophisticated wine drinker now ya know ;)

What else is there for a non-runner to do in Rotterdam??? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Toenail Tuesday equivalent today is it not?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I cant think of anything less refreshing than wine after a marathon:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

I cant think of anything less refreshing than wine after a marathon:eek:

I think for RQ it will be during the marathon :D enjoy!

Firedance wrote: »
    I think for RQ it will be during the marathon :D enjoy!

This might be a good option for RQ:D

aero2k wrote: »
    This might be a good option for RQ:D

Might do that one myself!

Or better yet http://www.marathondubeaujolais.org/en/ it doesn't say it on the website but the water stops are wine stops :D

Firedance wrote: »
    Might do that one myself!

Or better yet http://www.marathondubeaujolais.org/en/ it doesn't say it on the website but the water stops are wine stops :D

Yep, I couldn't get the one I posted to translate but they give out champagne at the aid stations and the winner gets their weight in champagne - giving rise to an interesting dilemma of racing weight vs maximising prize!

^^^^^^^stop blaming the US for your bad spelling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Good Luck to all doing this, hope everyone gets the result they want.

Hopefully meet those I haven't met before in Paddy Murphys after!

Best of luck all - I'll be out on the course supporting so will try to take note of numbers from folk on here to give you a shout. :)

• Advertisement

We're doing this already?

Best of luck doesn't seem enough to say....

good-luck-wishes.jpg

have the best race you possibly can and bring home lots of PB's xx

Advertisement