Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

This really shouldnt make any difference in my transfer thoughts but the fact that spurs play in the monday night game is drawing me to Kane.

I'm also drawn to him tbh. Have more faith in him than Bony or Lukaku. Spurs are playing well too and, despite having a hard run of fixtures, Kane showed himself to be fixture proof last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm also drawn to him tbh. Have more faith in him than Bony or Lukaku. Spurs are playing well too and, despite having a hard run of fixtures, Kane showed himself to be fixture proof last season.

Yea it's hard to overlook a hat trick too. I really wanted either him or Eriksen this week but with Hazard to shift and not wanting to sell Pellè before Bournemouth it'd have been Eriksen if I'd pulled the trigger.

My newest FPL rule is "if you ever decide to buy Pellè....don't and immediately get Kane!"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »

I just pulled the trigger on martin and costa to bellerin and lukaku. The plan was lukaku before today so looking again at his fixtures over the next few weeks Im going to stick with it. Ill be taking atleast a -4 on friday walcott to mane more than likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Have a front 7 with ridiculous fixtures next week. Have 2 ft. Will definitely get Francis out. Looking at VVD, Moreno, Coates and maybe alder. Considering upgrading wanyama, but I'm still not sure if I want a strong front 8. Also considering lukaku, but getting rid of pelle the week they play Bournemouth is ridiculous. Will hold off and think for a bit first though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Pelle is a disaster.

Brought him in halfway through last season and he couldn't hit a barn door from them on.

Brought him in two gameweeks ago and again goals dry up.

One more chance next week and gone then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

djPSB wrote: »
    Pelle is a disaster.

Brought him in halfway through last season and he couldn't hit a barn door from them on.

Brought him in two gameweeks ago and again goals dry up.

One more chance next week and gone then.
    same he is now on the "list" along with lukaku , eriksen and a few more
    NEVER TO BE BOUGHT AGAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

All the Kane attention seems very reactionary. I myself predicted a Kane explosion a number of weeks ago but it was Bournemouth and from what I read on twitter earlier Boruc had a mare of a game.

Plus Villa will have a new manager and a potential bounce that comes with it. Plus Europa league matches. Plus it's Spurs.

So given how I'm doing disregard all that and buy him!

I get that there's a lack of trust with Pelle and Lukaku in here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My team:

Myhill/Hennessy
    Kolarov Bellerin Bertrand (Nyom, Souare)
    Sanchez De Bruyne Payet Mahrez (Wanyama)
    Martial Vardy Pelle

I have two FTs. Martial will be one. I really can't pick a second. My defenders have decent fixtures so I'm dropping my thoughts of going AOA.

So I could go Martial to Bony, Lukaku or Kane?

All the Kane attention seems very reactionary. I myself predicted a Kane explosion a number of weeks ago but it was Bournemouth and from what I read on twitter earlier Boruc had a mare of a game.

Plus Villa will have a new manager and a potential bounce that comes with it. Plus Europa league matches. Plus it's Spurs.

So given how I'm doing disregard all that and buy him!

I get that there's a lack of trust with Pelle and Lukaku in here though.

Lack of trust is putting it mildly. Deja vu and Yaya style nightmares time. I have to keep him for Bournemouth really but he WILL blank.

Last season I went with Pelle over the obvious Kane for three painful weeks, captaining Pelle the first week and costing myself about 30 points as Kane ran amok.....sound familiar??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Have a front 7 with ridiculous fixtures next week. Have 2 ft. Will definitely get Francis out. Looking at VVD, Moreno, Coates and maybe alder. Considering upgrading wanyama, but I'm still not sure if I want a strong front 8. Also considering lukaku, but getting rid of pelle the week they play Bournemouth is ridiculous. Will hold off and think for a bit first though

I'd guess most squads look good next week with a captain pick dilemma.
    If I had 2 FTs I'd carry one................or.................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Danny Simpson looks to be in favour with the Tinkerman, has started the last 3 games giving 14 pts. Cheap 3.9 defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

ElTel wrote: »
    I'd guess most squads look good next week with a captain pick dilemma.
    If I had 2 FTs I'd carry one................or.................

My team is in great shape and yet I still want to change things.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Current team is:
    Cech-McCarthy
    Bellerin-Evans-Naughton-Target-Hangeland
    Alexis-Payet-KdB-Mahrez-Sinclair
    Pelle-Boney-Vardy.

Any advice?
    Thinking maybe Sinclair to Mane/Barkley.

Who is more essential?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

My forward line is:

Ighalo - Costa - Martial

1 FT, 4m in the bank.

I want to get Vardy in. Who should I ditch?

lougal88 wrote: »
    Current team is:
    Cech-McCarthy
    Bellerin-Evans-Naughton-Target-Hangeland
    Alexis-Payet-KdB-Mahrez-Sinclair
    Pelle-Boney-Vardy.

Any advice?
    Thinking maybe Sinclair to Mane/Barkley.

Who is more essential?

That really is a coin toss. Mane shades it for me simply because I think Southampton are the better team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

My forward line is:

Ighalo - Costa - Martial

1 FT, 4m in the bank.

I want to get Vardy in. Who should I ditch?

If I knew Martial would keep playing on wing, then him. Otherwise Costa

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

That really is a coin toss. Mane shades it for me simply because I think Southampton are the better team.

I need a look at fixtures. Think Everton's might be easier but Mane looked sharp today. Just whether I want to double up on Saints attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

If I knew Martial would keep playing on wing, then him. Otherwise Costa

Yeah I think he will, LVG seems to like Rooney as the man up top and he definitely won't drop him anytime soon. The only thing is United's fixtures are great over the next while.

lougal88 wrote: »
    I need a look at fixtures. Think Everton's might be easier but Mane looked sharp today. Just whether I want to double up on Saints attack.

In that case then Barkley to spread it around. They have similar difficulty of fixtures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Walcott --> Eriksen I think.
    All out attack next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Think it's timer to get Vardy and Payet in. Maybe Kolarov as well

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I don't even sweat hits anymore.

Muniesa ----> Nyom done before Muniesa's price drop.
    Mata
    > Payet done this morning for -4.
    Sakho
    > Lukaku for -8 (unless there's an injury in the League Cup). If there is, I'll probably go Kane or Martial.

Desperate times. Surgery was needed at all costs.

Payet for an extra hit should've been done weeks ago, but thought Sakho might do something.

Lukaku will be in for a 5 or 6 game stretch at least barring disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Costa for Lukaku is done my my FT. Hopefully all goes well in the Cup during the week.

Strongly considering a -4 as well.

Ighalo to Bony and bench Mahrez

That would be till Aguero gets back but seeing as Ighalo is rising it will cost me a lot more to get him back after selling. Decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

waiting till after league cup games but Francis to Van djik is almost certainly one of my 2 free transfers
    after that I'm not sure if I'll change begovic but most likely will
    mata is now becoming a problem too which is a real shame given how good he is and uniteds fixtures after next week
    heading into weekend with just yaya as city cover also makes me nervous

SlickRic wrote: »
    I don't even sweat hits anymore.

Muniesa ----> Nyom done before Muniesa's price drop.
    Mata
    > Payet done this morning for -4.
    Sakho
    > Lukaku for -8 (unless there's an injury in the League Cup). If there is, I'll probably go Kane or Martial.

Desperate times. Surgery was needed at all costs.

Payet for an extra hit should've been done weeks ago, but thought Sakho might do something.

Lukaku will be in for a 5 or 6 game stretch at least barring disaster.

I'll probably be doing -8 this week. Similar position by the sounds of it with no Payet and Sahko to shift. Sahko, Hazard and Martin to go. All that remains is to carefully choose the exact wrong players to replace them with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Have 3 or 4 transfers want to make, just trying to decide which is the most urgent.

Want rid of Darmien, there's a whole range of defenders similarly price range that will return more points.
    Richards has to go, have wanted to transfer him the last five gw' but each week have had more urgent transfers to make.
    Martial, as a United fan, I like him, but points wise seems a waste if Lvg is going to persist with him on the wing. United have great fixtures coming up which is the only thing, swaying me to hang on to him for another couple of weeks.
    Pelle, great fixtures as well, just seems anytime I've brought him in he's done nothing.

Any opinions on who to transfer out are welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Rolling it over hopefully.

Have 3 or 4 transfers want to make, just trying to decide which is the most urgent.

Want rid of Darmien, there's a whole range of defenders similarly price range that will return more points.
    Richards has to go, have wanted to transfer him the last five gw' but each week have had more urgent transfers to make.
    Martial, as a United fan, I like him, but points wise seems a waste if Lvg is going to persist with him on the wing. United have great fixtures coming up which is the only thing, swaying me to hang on to him for another couple of weeks.
    Pelle, great fixtures as well, just seems anytime I've brought him in he's done nothing.

Any opinions on who to transfer out are welcome :)

You want rid of Pelle? Definitely don't be doing that he's a good captain shout this week. Evertons fixtures are ridiculous Martial>Lukaku or Darmian>Coleman worth looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

jimmii wrote: »
    You want rid of Pelle? Definitely don't be doing that he's a good captain shout this week. Evertons fixtures are ridiculous Martial>Lukaku or Darmian>Coleman worth looking at.

Only thinking of Pelle transfer because anytime I've brought him in, he's done absolutely nothing, I've had zero luck with him.
    Defintely looking at likes of Lukaku, Barkley and Coleman, prob bring one of them in either this week or next

• Advertisement

Only thinking of Pelle transfer because anytime I've brought him in, he's done absolutely nothing, I've had zero luck with him.
    Defintely looking at likes of Lukaku, Barkley and Coleman, prob bring one of them in either this week or next

Thats just unlucky you shouldn't worry about that. Make the right decisions and in the long term the luck will even out. Hard to ignore Pelles numbers and the fact he is playing a team that have just conceded 10 goals in 2 games.

Advertisement