Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Snap. I took Sagna in for Zabaleta.

Decided on Van Dijk for Gomez in the end. I'll hold onto Zabaleta until he returns if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

lougal88 wrote: »
    Yeah never considered the suspension tightrope.

Thing is if VVD keeps a clean sheet then the -4 is covered as FHFC pioneers :P

Here's a thought, may make no difference but Bournemouth have not blanked since GW2.
    Maybe wait til next week?

They have to blank sometime! :)

Boruc could be out injured this week with Federici coming into the already injury ravaged Bournemouth team.

I think I'll be getting VVD for a hit to take me to 3 Soton players.

I'm still finding Sterling oddly irresistible too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Dempsey wrote: »
    Yea, when he is when fully fit and not an injury in sight. Neither of those were as injury prone as Aguero and Aguero usually goes through a good few niggles when returning from injury which limits his gametime and points. He wont be playing 2 games a week over xmas

I still think it is very dangerous not having him when he is available to play. He is well capable of double scores with very limited game time which he showed a number of times last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »

Boruc could be out injured this week with Federici coming into the already injury ravaged Bournemouth team.

a hit with who going the other way ?
    he is rising tonight and I want to go to sleep :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Absolutely and very high chance it's this weekend but I'm now hoping for a high scoring game. Come on Buib :)

Murray/Ritchie might get a goal so im gonna wait on VVD for now.

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    a hit with who going the other way ?
    he is rising tonight and I want to go to sleep :D

Martin.

My current defensive options are awful this week.

Naughton home to Arsenal.
    Martin away to City
    Moreno away to Chelsea
    Souaré injured and home to United.

Bellerin the only one i even slightly fancy for points.

Almost certainly playing AOA as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Martin.

My current defensive options are awful this week.

Naughton home to Arsenal.
    Martin away to City
    Moreno away to Chelsea
    Souaré injured and home to United.

Bellerin the only one i even slightly fancy for points.
    I really don't think I can justify it for darmian.......

km79 wrote: »
    I really don't think I can justify it for darmian.......

Probably not with Valencia out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

jpboard1 wrote: »
    I still think it is very dangerous not having him when he is available to play. He is well capable of double scores with very limited game time which he showed a number of times last year.

And he's shown this season that he's capable of blanking several GW's in a row. His returns this season are Nani-esque.

I wont be in a rush to get him since the difference can get serious bang for buck elsewhere. He is capable, everyone knows that, but the trend this season has made me more cautious, the Newcastle return masks a very poor FPL season so far for him

And he's shown this season that he's capable of blanking several GW's in a row. His returns this season are Nani-esque.

I wont be in a rush to get him since the difference can get serious bang for buck elsewhere. He is capable, everyone knows that, but the trend this season has made me more cautious, the Newcastle return masks a very poor FPL season so far for him

And yet despite his really poor start to the season, he is still in the top 5 strikers.

• Advertisement

I've rolled the dice following my gut.

Now have the flakiest team ever. Lukaku. BUIB. Sterling. It will either be glorious or season ending.

Go hard or go home as the Cavan man says.

I've rolled the dice following my gut.

Now have the flakiest team ever. Lukaku. BUIB. Sterling. It will either be glorious or season ending.

Go hard or go home as the Cavan man says.

Playing AoA also?

What's your new 11?

Playing AoA also?

What's your new 11?

See GW thread....

And yet despite his really poor start to the season, he is still in the top 5 strikers.

The perception that its really poor is based on previous seasons which skewed people's thinking. He's older and been through more injuries and they seem to be happening more regularly. Without the Newcastle score, he'd be nowhere. I prefer consistency from players over large hauls and long barren spells.

The perception that its really poor is based on previous seasons which skewed people's thinking. He's older and been through more injuries and they seem to be happening more regularly. Without the Newcastle score, he'd be nowhere. I prefer consistency from players over large hauls and long barren spells.

He is only 27, should be coming into his prime unless he has a major injury. And there is no doubting his class when fit. His output has been poor by his standards.

He's had less injuries of late. Very injury free season last year. Apart from the kick on the knee this year was going ok till Pellegrini jinxed him too!

He is only 27, should be coming into his prime unless he has a major injury. And there is no doubting his class when fit. His output has been poor by his standards.

He should be but injuries will take their toll on him, there is no doubt about that. As I said, nobody argues when he is proper fit but the window where he is fit is getting narrower and narrower whilst his price gets harder and harder to justify especially considering the alternatives

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

So is Costa likely to make it?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

So is Costa likely to make it?

Who is BUIB?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Who is BUIB?

Big Ugly Italian Bastard = Pelle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Who is BUIB?

Pelle big useless Italian b. Hopefully he is getting called that a lot after the game Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Big Ugly Italian Bastard = Pelle

now now - we're not all about appearance here in FSA!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Lads, need a little advice if someone would oblige me...
    ... currently languishing in the 1m+ club.

Need to pick 3 from 4 below

Alder - home to villa
    Dier - as above
    Kolorov - home to Norwich
    Darmian - away to Palace

... Darmian is the one to drop right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I think I would bench alder, spread the risk

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lads, need a little advice if someone would oblige me...
    ... currently languishing in the 1m+ club.

Need to pick 3 from 4 below

Alder - home to villa
    Dier - as above
    Kolorov - home to Norwich
    Darmian - away to Palace

... Darmian is the one to drop right?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 37,769 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Rikand wrote: »
    now now - we're not all about appearance here in FSA!
    Beautiful is scoring the most points of any player in the Premier league with your Captain's armband on him. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Martial to either Lukaku or Kane for -4. Worth it or not?

Neoulous wrote: »
    Martial to either Lukaku or Kane for -4. Worth it or not?

I think I'd go for Kane but maybe think about captaining him also to cover the hit. He really should do something against Villa

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

I think I'd go for Kane but maybe think about captaining him also to cover the hit. He really should do something against Villa
    Have captaincy on KDB at the minute. Think I'm gonna stick with it but can't decide between Lukaku & Kane. Lukaku has form and fixtures, Kane impressed in his last game and has decent fixtures too.

About captaining Kane, yeah looks great this week but was more looking at the next 6 for choosing between him & Lukaku...

Think I'm definitely ditching Martial anyway. He's gonna drop tonight and he plays out left. It hopefully will be a transfer I won't have to do next week ;).

--

Went with Lukaku in the end. I'll be sweating on Monday night (especially that I think MNF (C) worked great so far but Kane only had 1 great game and is away to Arsenal next plus WH & Chelsea at home. Not the best of runs...) but let's hope on the mid-term run I'm not too much wrong... Also, have my eye on Eriksen who I fancy more than Barkley.

• Advertisement

I see that about 1,200 people transferred Hazard out before the end of the Liverpool game.

Advertisement