Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Xúr's selling Zhalo Supercell... fill your boots

The Taikonaut (Titan helmet)
    Graviton Forefeit (Hunter helmet)
    Alchemists Rainment (Warlock chest)

All the Xur stuff is very low light - is there any point buying exotics in TTK?

All the exotics he sells are 280 light, which means you need a higher light exotic item to drop in order to infuse it...
    You can't even use blue items to infuse exotics. So you're dependant on new, TTK, exotics dropping from NF or Raids.

Am I missing something here?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

All the exotics he sells are 280 light, which means you need a higher light exotic item to drop in order to infuse it...
    You can't even use blue items to infuse exotics. So you're dependant on new, TTK, exotics dropping from NF or Raids.

you can infuse blues into exotics but you'll need an exotic shard, dismantle some of your year one exotics that you're not using. you can always but them back from the kiosk.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,181 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just buy 3 of coins and use those as you play throughout the week. There sweet feck all exotics in the game at the moment so you'll likely get what you want eventually and at higher light than Xur is selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I thought Xur sold 290 exotics?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

As Stone said, you can infuse higher blues and useless purples, as long as you have Exotic Shards. I dismantled most all my Year 1 Exotic armour and have 22 shards waiting to be used. I'll be buying all of Xur's inventory this week bar the Taikonaut which I have at 290.

• Advertisement

ibFoxer wrote: »

Nope, 280, so we can tell who earned and who xurned. :cool:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,181 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ibFoxer wrote: »

Only 280, same as the kiosk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

V9 wrote: »
    That quest for the first curse part 5 is absolute ****. Driving me mad.

I'm on the same part myself , I just can't bring myself to abandon the quest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

syboit wrote: »

I tried it legit and got to 5/6 head shots a few times - but never got the 7th. I got fed up with it and ended up cheesing it.
    As has been previously said, go into rumble with someone else, preferably 2 others. Agree on a spot in the map, make a beeline for that spot and shoot the others repeatedly in the face.
    If you need a designated target - msg me if I am online!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Wait for the next IB and when Trials is up go into regular crucible. All the PvP players should be absent.
    That's my theory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I buy the supercell this morning... Very happy. I find an exotic engram on the dreadnought. Primary. Very happy. Decrypt it... A supercell. 21 coins wasted.

I buy the supercell this morning... Very happy. I find an exotic engram on the dreadnought. Primary. Very happy. Decrypt it... A supercell. 21 coins wasted.

destiny is cruel that way, been doing as much 3oC's to try to get this gun and now Xur has it and I don't have enough strange coins, spent the week collecting paper masks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Wonda-Boy wrote:
    Handy if you have 2 others in the middle of the jumps to keep them lit up so you can just keep jumping without stopping to judge the jump. Other person closet to the chest then runs on ahead keeping platforms lit.

Thanks to Optimus and madmadra for that last night. Felt like F1, I was half a second off the pass every time reaching the chest. Tried the left strategy bit I wasn't anywhere near the speed of guys in YouTube videos. My floaty warlock was moving at a canter along the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

This has happened to me several times in the past, and I've heard many similar stories from the other Xbox guys. RNG loves to mess with us!

This has happened to me several times in the past, and I've heard many similar stories from the other Xbox guys. RNG loves to mess with us!

1 hour in and thanks to decrypting a ton of engrams and faction rep increase got the strange coins needed for the supercell. Think I've finally found the auto-rifle I will keep (just have to get the suros regime now).

As Stone said, you can infuse higher blues and useless purples, as long as you have Exotic Shards. I dismantled most all my Year 1 Exotic armour and have 22 shards waiting to be used. I'll be buying all of Xur's inventory this week bar the Taikonaut which I have at 290.

Do the purples have to be higher light? Or just any legendary item of the same type?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Wait for the next IB and when Trials is up go into regular crucible. All the PvP players should be absent.
    That's my theory.

I carefully second that motion. I completed the Thorn bounty in regular crucible during an IB week.

I carefully second that motion. I completed the Thorn bounty in regular crucible during an IB week.

#ScrubLobby

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Whats the deal with the Prototype weapons?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

1 hour in and thanks to decrypting a ton of engrams and faction rep increase got the strange coins needed for the supercell. Think I've finally found the auto-rifle I will keep (just have to get the suros regime now).

It's a beast from what I've heard. I think I have nearly all of the RNG Exotic weapons drop expect the Supercell. Can't wait to give it a run out on my Hunter later. I've a 298 blue primary in my vault ready for infusion.

I'm hoping to get a run through Vault of Glass this weekend. If there's any Xbox One guys interested, drop me a message and we'll try to organise a time.

• Advertisement

It's a beast from what I've heard. I think I have nearly all of the RNG Exotic weapons drop expect the Supercell. Can't wait to give it a run out on my Hunter later. I've a 298 blue primary in my vault ready for infusion.

I'm hoping to get a run through Vault of Glass this weekend. If there's any Xbox One guys interested, drop me a message and we'll try to organise a time.

yup, with the double kill perk ammo gets refilled, so really good in clearing out a group, plus add the lightning bolts. Its also one of the few primary guns I've seen with a damage ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Supercell is a monster, i've had 3 drop. RNG smart loot my ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

#ScrubLobby

Nope Hobby Lobby.

Well I think that's funny.

Do the purples have to be higher light? Or just any legendary item of the same type?

Anything your using in infusion has to be a higher light level than what you want to upgrade, so a blue or purple primary that is above 280 will work.

Anything you have that's level 286 or lower, the exotic will level up to that level, so a 280 Supercell infused with a 286 will become a 286 Supercell, sorry, it will become a 284 Supercell. Exotics upgrade 80% of the way regardless. For Legendary's, the 6 level rule applies, and anything over the 6 level threshold will get you 80% of the way there, roughly.

This site will calculate it for you if your curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Anything your using in infusion has to be a higher light level than what you want to upgrade, so a blue or purple primary that is above 280 will work.

Anything you have that's level 286 or lower, the exotic will level up to that level, so a 280 Supercell infused with a 286 will become a 286 Supercell. Anything over the 6 level threshold will get you 80% of the way there, roughly.

This site will calculate it for you if your curious.

Destiny Item Manager also has an infusion calculator if you are using it.

Destiny Item Manager also has an infusion calculator if you are using it.

True, just thought the infusion calculator site was a quick "proof of concept"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Likewise, what's your GT and I'll add you later?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Fitzafrenic

Anyone on PS4 up for some kings fall and classic raids. Im stuck doing heroic strikes and they kind of loose their fun after doing the same ones over and over again for 256lvl weapons and noted of light. PSN is Fitzafrenic lvl294 hunter :)

Anyone on PS4 up for some kings fall and classic raids. Im stuck doing heroic strikes and they kind of loose their fun after doing the same ones over and over again for 256lvl weapons and noted of light. PSN is Fitzafrenic lvl294 hunter :)

You in the clan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Likewise, what's your GT and I'll add you later?

Same as his username

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement