Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Looking to get a few things done later tonight if anyone is on. Promethean Code Heroic (Exotic Sword Quest), Paradox in the Venus Wars, Fallen S.A.B.E.R. and Shield Brothers to be done.

Cheers

You on Xbox ?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

Mcsirl wrote: »
    You on Xbox ?

PS4 - sorry, should have said that..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I have enough Strange Coins for 2 of the Warlock armour, the Zhalo supercell, or the exotic engram.

What's the best way to go? I'm 220 light, have no exotic stuff until this.

Supercell is a must, buy 3 of coins with the rest imo. Don't think the lock armour is very awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

On monday night when we spent the full day taking down Oryx someone said "in a week or two this will be a piece of p*ss when we level up a bit".

Used the standard method tonight and did it in four runs. 30 mins max.

Last week's stress and hardship already rendered pointless through a different method and going up to 312.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

anyone still on from the xbone, doing a raid or trials ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Playing more Destiny lately. Definitely going to have to pick up Taken King...missing out on too much :P the Zalos thing looks op af

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Playing more Destiny lately. Definitely going to have to pick up Taken King...missing out on too much :P the Zalos thing looks op af

Might be a good idea to pick up a disc copy and sell your vanilla copy atm. thegamecollection.co.uk are currently selling the disc version for around €42 due to a Halloween sale.

Might be a good idea to pick up a disc copy and sell your vanilla copy atm. thegamecollection.co.uk are currently selling the disc version for around €42 due to a Halloween sale.

ah, vanilla copies are useless now? Thanks for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ah, vanilla copies are useless now? Thanks for the link.

Not if you already have TDB and HoW, then its a €40 digital upgrade for Taken King. Buying the Legendary edition is definitely the way to go if you don't have the previous two expansions.

Ah, I don't have any of the previous expansions. Might as well get the legendary edition. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Have a bunch of stuff to complete and need help if anyone also needs them?

Need to run Undying Mind for Hunger Pangs. Also require 2 fragments from KF to reach 45.

Need to run Sunless Cell for my sword (cough cough Wes??? You made offers of help?? )

Also VIPs on Venus... Please... Anyone... Tell me what to do here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That's the First confirmation of 310+ exotics dropping I've seen anywhere.

I got a 316 exotic helm from the silver package in Trials. My character was 309 as well, so you don't have to be over 310 or whatever to get it.

Also got the Trials shotgun. If Bungie wanted us to move away from the OHK high impact shotguns, they shouldn't be giving us this. It's really good and looks really cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

PetKing wrote: »
    Have a bunch of stuff to complete and need help if anyone also needs them?

Need to run Undying Mind for Hunger Pangs. Also require 2 fragments from KF to reach 45.

Need to run Sunless Cell for my sword (cough cough Wes??? You made offers of help?? )

Also VIPs on Venus... Please... Anyone... Tell me what to do here!!

You need to do the original VIP patrol missions on Venus.
    They don't always appear so you might have to go to orbit and return.
    The beacon your looking for is a star inside a circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,522 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got a new fave primary for PVP

Suro scout with auto fire and very high range and stability, still at 280 but will upgrade as I go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

You need to do the original VIP patrol missions on Venus.
    They don't always appear so you might have to go to orbit and return.
    The beacon your looking for is a star inside a circle.

The VIP mission is a pain in the hoop. Spent ages doing quests waiting the beacons to appear .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Hated trials first time not too bothered by it this time round. Was playing with 2 pretty good players and got carried a lot. We'd go 5 or so ahead and then the game would turn to muck. Got the Scout and Rocket Launcher out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

3 trips to orbit and 3 laps of Venus and I got them done. Had never paid attention to to the icons, looks like a steering wheel!! Delighted to get rid of that quest. Got a 200 rocket launcher... Score!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

The black spindle daily is up again today for anyone that doesn't have it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This Time....

The black spindle daily is up again today for anyone that doesn't have it yet.

Up again where? I need a good sniper rifle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,958 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Up again where? I need a good sniper rifle!

It's the daily mission. You have to get to the room where you put in 3 orbs and open the door without wiping.

Head over to the right in that room as is you were heading up to the Taniks strike.

Once up the teleporter you have 10 minutes to kill every single enenmy in this area all the way to the boss room.

What light level are you ?

Was in the Raid using a 310 1000 yard stare and was doing more damage than the lads using 310 black spindles. That said if you're accurate with it y'er laughing.
    Now I think of it the gun was 310

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Handy stuff

8SpdZQH.jpg

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It's the daily mission. You have to get to the room where you put in 3 orbs and open the door without wiping.

Head over to the right in that room as is you were heading up to the Taniks strike.

Once up the teleporter you have 10 minutes to kill every single enenmy in this area all the way to the boss room.

What light level are you ?

I've been floundering around 293 for the last few days.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,211 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Was in the Raid using a 310 1000 yard stare and was doing more damage than the lads using 310 black spindles. That said if you're accurate with it y'er laughing.
    Now I think of it the gun was 310

I haven't really used it since I got the vendor 1000YS, exotic slot is usually taken up by ToM.

I haven't really used it since I got the vendor 1000YS, exotic slot is usually taken up by ToM.

ToM confuses the hell out me. I keep dying when using it.
    Got a 310 Thunderlord from a legendary engram over the weekend was beyond happy. The three exotics I use on my characters are mainly Hawkmoon, Tlaloc and Invective

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,211 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gimli2112 wrote: »
    ToM confuses the hell out me. I keep dying when using it.
    Got a 310 Thunderlord from a legendary engram over the weekend was beyond happy. The three exotics I use on my characters are mainly Hawkmoon, Tlaloc and Invective

ToM useless outside of the raid pretty much, the last round kills you so you only use it when you're in an aura (Sisters & oryx) or a blessing of light bubble (Oryx & warpriest).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Anyone wanna give a hand with the spindle daily? I've yet to finish it.

Or a round of ToO? Haven't done it all weekend

I've been floundering around 293 for the last few days.

Do you have any Kings Fall weapons ?

At 293 you more than likely won't be able to solo the end part of that mission. I'd say you'd be best to get two others to help you out.

• Advertisement

ToM useless outside of the raid pretty much, the last round kills you so you only use it when you're in an aura (Sisters & oryx) or a blessing of light bubble (Oryx & warpriest).

Mick how was TOO after ? I didn't get on at all over the weekend to play bar an hour Saturday morning to do two nightfalls and help Merry with his sword quest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement