Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Any of the Xbox1 old gang are doing the raid tonight? Wouldnt mind giving it a go on hard but I am pretty low level so I might have to stick to normal for a while (I am only 306-307)

FFS I just realized I was off line on xbox live... must have been off line for months! that explains why nobody noticed me... well hopefully it was that! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

nocal wrote: »
    Just wondering if any PS4 players have:

Taken War Earth
    Taken War Mars
    Blighted Worlds

left to do?
    I have to finish them on my last alt. I have one of the Earth taken bosses done (The Divide). So if anyone is interested in getting these done from about 8 this evening, lettuce know.

Have taken earth and blighted worlds to do, will try and get online about 8/830 (PSN: Idea_Squirrel)

Ok so raid is done on xbox, ended up with a bunch of randoms from lfg. We were all 304-307s and none of them had done it before but hey... all I can say is that they did a great job

Rewards wise same thing as usual, except for a sniper rifle (312) everything I got was either 300 or 310 (new).

So in conclusion if I put the stuff I got in the raid today my level goes down 1 light... great stuff lol

Not much better luck on PS4 tbh... everything I get is either 311 or 312, everyone else seems to get 320.. I am yet to see someone 320 drop for me. Got a couple of 319 last week though but all armor bits

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

Gotta love them warlocks :D
    http://dai.ly/x3beg7i

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

A straighforward strategy for defeating Oryx on hard using 3 platformers, Defender Titan bubble with Blessing of Light, Bastion, and Illuminated and Touch of Malice.

Original post is here.

I've been a sherpa for quite a few HM Oryx groups in the past few days and every group I've been with has loved how easy my strategy is and they all comment how much easier it is than the no knight method so I thought I would share it so everyone can get the fight down easier.

First of all this strategy has two requirements. A defender titan with ToM and 1 other person with ToM. Have the titan use Blessing of Light, Bastion, and Illuminated.

Assign the defender titan and your highest light level with Touch of Malice as floaters. They will stay in the center the entire fight. Pick your runner and the other 3 people will be assigned a number 1-3 It is usually best to assign your lowest light level to 2 as they will always have help if they need it. 1 always goes where oryx is, 2 always goes to the platform counter-clockwise from oryx, 3 always goes to the platform diagonally from oryx.

Start the fight and kill the first adds. Send everyone to their assigned location. As soon as Oryx slams the titan will pop his bubble in the center between the two daughters platforms. Everyone goes up onto their platforms in order and the two people in the center focus and kill all the ogres with Touch of Malice using the Blessing of Light to maintain their over shield. Ogres should die very fast with 2 ToMs with 1 ammo shoot them. Everyone on the platform then kills the knight that their ogre spawns (Front left kill front right, back right kills back left, ect.).

As soon as the relic is grabbed everyone meets under the titan bubble. If their knight is not dead it will walk through the middle and they will be able to kill it there from the safety of the relic. The relic holder should jump through the titan bubble on his way so that he can safely get the aura without risk of dying. The last knight (from the one with no platform) should walk through the middle and the 2 from the center should kill it. Everyone else should focus the Vassal. If there are any other knights that didn't get killed now is the time to kill them. They are easily dispatched in 3-4 shots from a ToM.

By the time the last knight and Vassal die Oryx will be slamming. Everyone should then focus on Oryx to stagger him. After staggering him everyone stays in the middle and kills all of the adds that are up. Once all the adds are dead, everyone goes to the bomb of the platform they were on. One of the floating people in the middle goes to the last bomb. Give a countdown and everyone goes in at the same time. Go back to the middle and keep shooting oryx.
    After detonations do your favored running pattern. I use everyone going around the platforms they were assigned to that detonation, and the runner/last floater around the daughters platform.

On the next slam 1-3 readjust themselves on Oryx's new position and you repeat the killing until Oryx is dead.
    Some further tips are if you have a 2nd titan use a bubble when fighting the shade with Blessing of Light so people can use a 1 ammo Touch of Malice with the over shield.

Every group that I have used this strategy with much preferred it over the no knight strategy and found it much easier. It is much safer since there is nothing up to shoot at anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    A straighforward strategy for defeating Oryx on hard using 3 platformers, Defender Titan bubble with Blessing of Light, Bastion, and Illuminated and Touch of Malice.

Original post is here.

This is the way we've ran it from the start of HM.

You can also kill the Warpriest in one go with everyone jumping middle, having two Defenders with Weapons and Blessing popping both bubbles on top of each other and then everyone firing TOM to Burn him.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ToM absolutely melts the Echo too, does over double the damage per crit of the raid LMG.

We beat hard on monday using the new strategy where you go to the daughters platform but after a few runs last night doing the regular method posted above, the regular one is actually much easier even with the extra ads. There's way more that can go wrong with the new one.

CDBWhoop wrote: »

Original post is here.

Thats the strategy I have been using since day one, in fact, thats how we bit them on the Friday it was released. find it the best as you have full control over the adds, the problem is that requires more skilled players than the no knight strategy.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    ToM absolutely melts the Echo too, does over double the damage per crit of the raid LMG.

We beat hard on monday using the new strategy where you go to the daughters platform but after a few runs last night doing the regular method posted above, the regular one is actually much easier even with the extra ads. There's way more that can go wrong with the new one.

The only difference we make is to the platforms.

One middle man, one runner and four platform guys. The runner and middle guy never change. Everyone else sticks to their assigned platform and then the free platform guy becomes the second spare man in the middle. That way everyone learns how to do the middle and platforms.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The only difference we make is to the platforms.

One middle man, one runner and four platform guys. The runner and middle guy never change. Everyone else sticks to their assigned platform and then the free platform guy becomes the second spare man in the middle. That way everyone learns how to do the middle and platforms.

Yeah that's what we do too, everyone sticks to their own platform or moves mid if they're the spare prick rather than rotating

• Advertisement

Yeah that's what we do too, everyone sticks to their own platform or moves mid if they're the spare prick rather than rotating

Its not that bad now. I got some decent loot this week with the Titan.

Need to run Normal with the Warlock and kill Oryx with the Hunter to get the Artifacts because they are holding me back 3/4 light on each character.

Bohrio wrote: »
    Thats the strategy I have been using since day one, in fact, thats how we bit them on the Friday it was released. find it the best as you have full control over the adds, the problem is that requires more skilled players than the no knight strategy.

I'm baffled how people have convinced themselves the new strategy is easier, there's so much more that can go wrong compared to the regular method.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Its not that bad now. I got some decent loot this week with the Titan.

Need to run Normal with the Warlock and kill Oryx with the Hunter to get the Artifacts because they are holding me back 3/4 light on each character.

I need to do Oryx with the hunter, have him at the check point, I'm not running three characters through it any more for a while, too much Halo to be played at the moment and I'm hoping I'll be able to bump them up in trials instead. Pretty sure a fair few of us are only raiding to get our light high as possible for Trials at this stage anyway :D

I'm baffled how people have convinced themselves the new strategy is easier, there's so much more that can go wrong compared to the regular method.

ITs a trend, and, it makes the raid doable for those people will less experience and not very skilled/familiar with the raid.

Bear in mind that you only need 2 good players to pull that off (no knight strat) as the other 3/4 all they have to do is hide in the corner of the platform and jump on the corresponding sisters platform when the runner has the relic... after that there is very little for them to do apart from detonating the blights, most of the work is up to 2-3 people. In fact, mostly 1 (the support role normally assign to a titan).

I ran it yesterday with 5 people who have never done the raid, most of them started as 303-304, I was a 306, highest level was 307. I was the only one with hard raid experience, none of them had ever even try except 1 who couldnt do it.

I just wouldnt have trusted them taking down the knights, etc. Hey I kept telling him there is no need to shoot at oryx after you stagger him just focus on the knights so they wont eat your blight and EVERYTIME I would turn around they would be shooting at Oryx... so using the "normal" strategy would have been difficult as introduces more variables into the game...

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Well how did we manage to convince ourselves it was easier?

It took hours to get that drill down before the game started screwing us!

Well how did we manage to convince ourselves it was easier?

It took hours to get that drill down before the game started screwing us!

I'm only saying it in hindsight now after reverting back to the usual method last night, I think that good run we had at the start tricked us on Monday :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've always been a fan of more safe strategies (bringing a 4th in for Oracles on Atheon, Doing 3 Sisters Runs, Trying to get 6 people to the Bridge in the Abyss, 2 gaze holders on Golgoroth), this comes from Sherpaing PS Clan mates.

It's always better to do the more safe approach I've found.
    Doubt i'll be bothered with this 2 Titan method
    Every group I seem to get in for Hard Mode is like 4 Warlocks anyway :pac:

The minute you start trying these other strategies that put more individual responsibility on each player is where things start to fall apart and fingers start getting pointed imho.
    I'm a big fan of trying to bring 2-3 newbies in through Raids (well once i've learned the mechanics myself that is, which is about now) with 3-4 experiences players.

And a few weeks/months in, if you've all been doing the "Easier on paper, dangerous in practice" strategies, you'll be found out BIG time when trying to help newbies (not just the one Chimp who you throw on Thrash mobs duty, I'm talking multiple fresh heads) as there's a total Disconnect between new and experienced in terms of complication.

Also, I've never liked strategies that say "Need X amount of Y Class".
    As far as I'm concerned, always best to go with the most safe method, but again, that comes from doing a LOT of VoG and CE sherpaing for the PS4 clan.
    Still haven't killed Oryx, but ho-hum, I'll get to him when I'm good and ready.

TL:DR: Yeah I'm still pushing for 2-Gaze Holders so I don't spend another 6 months jumping in to Parties hearing silence when I ask "Who is running the sword?... anyone.... it's a good time to learn, we have 6 decent players here...... fine.... me again? 4th time this week!"

Big thanks to Redzer and Wondaboy for helping me get 2 of my Swords in 1 run last night, good thing I didn't go in with all 3 quests equipped (was missing the Void one cause F**K Mars and F**K Relic Iron, that's why) :pac:

There's only two strategies really at the moment, if you don't have the defenders they become a lot less safe, it just means the ogres can be downed a lot quicker using ToM. (You only need one defender in mid at any one time though).

One Gaze holder on Golgoroth is also a lot safer than two, and easier particularly for hard mode and you'll probably kill him quicker as there's 5 people shooting him instead of 3.

There's only two strategies really at the moment, if you don't have the defenders they become a lot less safe, it just means the ogres can be downed a lot quicker using ToM. (You only need one defender in mid at any one time though).

Need 2 Titans
    Need ToM

Yeah, thats already too many requirements for the PS side of the clan given how much more diluted we are :pac:
    One Gaze holder on Golgoroth is also a lot safer than two, and easier particularly for hard mode and you'll probably kill him quicker as there's 5 people shooting him instead of 3.

Duuno, I've done 2 gaze with any combination of Hot-Saucepan, Culchannon or CDB and we absolutely RINSED Golgoroth in the 1st run (getting him down to about 40% health in 1-run of 4-orbs) then just reverting back to 1-gaze for the taken. Kind of a combination of both methods. he doesn't seem to get near Enrage then (which we've had an issue with this far)

I'm probably aware I'm wrong, but cest-la-vie

Anyway, now back to sherpaing more newbies now once I've done with Real-Life commitments this evening :)
    Anyone on PS4 need a hand with Normal or Hard mode this weekend?
    Must have Chimp_Ahoy

Cormac... wrote: »
    Duuno, I've done 2 gaze with any combination of Hot-Saucepan, Culchannon or CDB and we absolutely RINSED Golgoroth in the 1st run (getting him down to about 40% health in 1-run of 4-orbs) then just reverting back to 1-gaze for the taken. Kind of a combination of both methods. he doesn't seem to get near Enrage then (which we've had an issue with this far)

I'm probably aware I'm wrong, but cest-la-vie

Is this on hard? I saw some of your stream on friday and it didn't look all that smooth :P Using a combination isn't a bad idea though, but I think you're leaving yourself open to a lot more potential for wipes by doing two gaze holders. And I say that as someone who swore by two gaze holders in normal mode.

Think he went down in 4 or 5 orbs last night for us using one gaze. There's really no pressure on anyone with this method and I don't think we've had him anywhere near enrage unless a few of us died early on and we decided to keep at it with only 4 people up.

• Advertisement

Is this on hard? I saw some of your stream on friday and it didn't look all that smooth :P Using a combination isn't a bad idea though, but I think you're leaving yourself open to a lot more potential for wipes by doing two gaze holders. And I say that as someone who swore by two gaze holders in normal mode.

It really depends on how competent the 2nd Gaze holder is honestly.
    I'm fairly handy at the Gaze since I've been doing it all the time (don't think I've ever fully been down in the pit myself)

The 3 lads I mentioned above are fairly decent (When sober)
    Eire and Sniper are grand too but they are always pushing for 1-Gaze holder so we're not friends now anymore :p

Also, to be fair, we'd spent sooooooo long on the Warpriest on Friday we were all a bit tired and sh!tty, the concentration was long gone, think only 2 of us wanted to keep going, the Warpriest pretty much f**king broke me.... proper head-in-my-hands moments.... I even got a bit ratty at being left stand like a pleb on the right platform while the Warpriest killed me multiple times :pac:

Me and Saucepan nearly killed him in 2 runs of 4 orbs on Hard I think.
    We didn't intend to, but we had done it like that on Normal (4, 4 and 6 or 4, 4 and a couple of 1's) and when we did a run on Hard it was like "Right get out there lads, oh look, the Taken are spawning.... wait what.... he's almost dead" :pac: (that being said, think we had 4 very good players down below with Black Spindle etc)

But f**k it, I still make people run the bridge legit on Crota so people probably hate me regardless :D

I agree

We brought Golgo down to 20% in 1 single bubble with 5 black spindles, less risk more dps no need to worry about adds. My favorite strategy for Golgo.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

We do the one gaze method on Golgoroth - mainly because by the time you lose his gaze you are out of black spindle ammo. Sure, you could shoot him with other guns but....meh.

Admittedly he does get close to enrage doing this, but once you put one person on mobs when the taken spawn you can always finish him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I've downed everyone bar Oryx at this stage. Never been done in one clean run mind, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

Titan is now 297/298 depending on 300 Sniper / 310 Raid Fusion. Only Raid armour is 300 Boots. Need moar...

Warlock sitting at 281 (Can be brought a little higher with weapon swap and infusion, but his blue 264 boots are really holding him back)

Poor Huntard is still only Lvl 36

^ You can always but some 280 boots for Marks in the Tower.... blashempy I know :P

Also, lemme know if you want a hand doing the Raid in full, even on normal mode or whatever, keeping my Hunter at normal mode level.... don't want him getting cocky above his station!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Finally broke to level 38 last night, tried the glass vault but nobody else seems to be doing it so I have to wait to do that one. I will leave Crotas end until I do the glass vault but I spent time doing bounties etc last night and getting some nice new armour so hopefully tonight I can get glass vault and Crota done.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Finally broke to level 38 last night, tried the glass vault but nobody else seems to be doing it so I have to wait to do that one. I will leave Crotas end until I do the glass vault but I spent time doing bounties etc last night and getting some nice new armour so hopefully tonight I can get glass vault and Crota done.

Are you on PS4 or X-Box One?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

jonny24ie wrote: »

PS4 or XB1?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cormac... wrote: »
    Are you on PS4 or X-Box One?
    ibFoxer wrote: »
    PS4 or XB1?

On the PS4 lads :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Lads- this is the third thread, isn't it about time destiny had it's own sub-forum? I know there's already a thread on it in the request forum but no harm to mention it again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement