Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Anyone wanna play some Trials later? I wanna try go 7-3 (Really more like 5-4) so I can get the Scout Rifle. Kept getting to 4 wins and kind of messing it up. Wish I was good at sniping. My Jade Rabbit is doing the business but I'm only managing about a 0.88 KDR

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The Trials Scout rifle is pretty fun. Crazy fire rate and mine dropped with full auto (not sure if the perks drop differently)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Here are some gifs (different speeds) with the jumps needed for Hive Ship jumping puzzle.

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZQa8c/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Mick how was TOO after ? I didn't get on at all over the weekend to play bar an hour Saturday morning to do two nightfalls and help Merry with his sword quest.

Trials was a ball ache. Horrible connection issues and blink shotgun is still 'a thing'.

On the positive side thorn still works provided you're around 312/313 before equipping it (and your 'usual' primary isn't too high light). Drops me to around 288 but still works as it did in y1 apparently. I'll test the theory tonight.

Itchy was able to one shot people with icebreaker last night.

Would have loved to hear the reaction of folk getting killed from Itchy's icebreaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

V9 wrote: »
    Anyone wanna give a hand with the spindle daily? I've yet to finish it.

If you're on xb1, I'll give ya a hand... I have yet to do it myself.

Is there anything that needs to be done prior in order to get it?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,211 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mick how was TOO after ? I didn't get on at all over the weekend to play bar an hour Saturday morning to do two nightfalls and help Merry with his sword quest.

I wasn't on until last night. Only had two proper runs at it to get two characters to the Gold Tier bounty, think the best we managed was 5-0 before losing. Ended up doing a raid for most of the evening instead. Ger and b8tin got to the lighthouse Friday I think. Can't say I like the new boon system much but the bounties make it worthwhile even if you do crap at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Is there anything that needs to be done prior in order to get it?

No just run the daily and on the way out run up the right as if you are going to do the Tanicks strike. You have to get to the room where you fight the boss on that strike, killing everything as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

gimli2112 wrote: »
    No just run the daily and on the way out run up the right as if you are going to do the Tanicks strike. You have to get to the room where you fight the boss on that strike, killing everything as you go.

Perfect! I'll see if I can find a video just to ensure I don't miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I don't think I got blink shotgunned once in Trials all weekend. Matchmaking makes it a completely different challenge, for our games 7,8,9 last night we were playing teams who had already been flawless this weekend. A lot more enjoyable imo. Similarly your first few games are at a lot lower standard. Rewards are meh though, not even sure you can get armour above 310.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,211 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    I don't think I got blink shotgunned once in Trials all weekend. Matchmaking makes it a completely different challenge, for our games 7,8,9 last night we were playing teams who had already been flawless this weekend. A lot more enjoyable imo. Similarly your first few games are at a lot lower standard. Rewards are meh though, not even sure you can get armour above 310.

You can get exotics above 310 from silver and gold packages but trials legendary gear seems to be sub 310. Got the helmet from the gold tier and it was only 304.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Cheers Dave, you have me on the Xbox anyways, it's Vialli :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Do you have any Kings Fall weapons ?

At 293 you more than likely won't be able to solo the end part of that mission. I'd say you'd be best to get two others to help you out.

Nope, i'm a bit hamstrung at the moment with my lack of a head set. I'm going to remedy that soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,958 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'll give trials a blast with your tonight if you want Milk and Merry.

I've my IB pulse up to 304 but can get it close to 310 if I need. My light level could be around 308 depending on armour.

What sort of light levels were ye coming up against?

I'll give trials a blast with your tonight if you want Milk and Merry.

I've my IB pulse up to 304 but can get it close to 310 if I need. My light level could be around 308 depending on armour.

What sort of light levels were ye coming up against?

I'd be up for that Emmet.

Light levels between 304 and 313 seemed to be the norm. I have to say though that I hate this bannerfall map. With connections proving to rule the roost going sniper on sniper against those with better connections is always going to get you killed.

Light levels between 304 and 313 seemed to be the norm. I have to say though that I hate this bannerfall map. With connections proving to rule the roost going sniper on sniper against those with better connections is always going to get you killed.

Not sure about that at all tbh, unless I'm the one getting connection advantage :pac:

Wouldn't worry about light level, doesn't seem to make a difference, we even dropped down levels to use certain gear and didn't notice.

I was thinking of running Nerwins Mercy, Chaperone, Suros RL with G&H. Or Red Death, Conspiracy Theory/Eirene with Luck in the chamber and the Suros RL.

Not sure about that at all tbh, unless I'm the one getting connection advantage :pac:

Wouldn't worry about light level, doesn't seem to make a difference, we even dropped down levels to use certain gear and didn't notice.

I thought the same damage drop off for IB was in place for TOO. You wouldn't see much difference up to 10 light but after that there was a bit of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Anybody needing the spindle and needing a hand I can give a dig out tonight if required.

I thought the same damage drop off for IB was in place for TOO. You wouldn't see much difference up to 10 light but after that there was a bit of a difference.

Yeah its the same I believe but I never saw anybody above 314 in 5 full runs and most were about 310 so once you're above 303/304 you'll be fine.

Itchy used Ice Breaker in a few matches with no issues.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Itchy used Ice Breaker in a few matches with no issues.

Yea I assume if your starting light is 310+ and you pick IB/Thorn it'll drop you to 290ish and aslong as you don't come up against anyone two high you'd be fine.

I'd say in a few weeks people will have better selection of armour and weapons and be around 315/317 and then we might start to see the damage curves.

I played a few games of Crucible last week for the first time properly since TTK and was clearing up with the Hunter. Double smoke is so handy to take a bit of health off someone and then get them with two pulls of Nerwins Mercy or one Chaperone shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Yeah I noticed that, our first 5-6 games were easy, then things started getting more difficult, I went 8-0 twice with a bunch of randoms only to be paired up against dtr skill 50s on the last 2 games with an average KD of 3.8-4.5... so pretty much the end for us.

Enjoyable but diffcult as these guys had already done trials and were only there to prevent people from going to the light house.

Not sure why you would do that since there is nothing in the lighthouse anymore except for the emblem if you care about it and that's about it.

but i do like the concept, although it will make it more difficult to get a group in LFG as they will require high DTR scores now if you want to join them IMO

When you get shot around a corner without a line of sight on your screen (having ducked out for a look then back into cover) then it's connection ... that's usually where you were shot a second earlier on their screen but the lag lets you think you're still alive and able to strafe into cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Anybody needing the spindle and needing a hand I can give a dig out tonight if required.

Are you on ps4 or xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I won't be around after half 7 til after 10. Anyone around before or after that?

I tried it twice with randomers and dropped the ultra but the adds stopped us from finishing it out with the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

V9 wrote: »
    I won't be around after half 7 til after 10. Anyone around before or after that?

I tried it twice with randomers and dropped the ultra but the adds stopped us from finishing it out with the win.

I'm on now, I'll jump in with you in 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'll be on for more torturous spindle hunting later after work. Each time around, my light is better. Have a shiney exotic sword now, wouldn't mind having a craic with that later. Last time around, we were downing the ultra and ran out of time on ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

PetKing wrote: »
    I'll be on for more torturous spindle hunting later after work. Each time around, my light is better. Have a shiney exotic sword now, wouldn't mind having a craic with that later. Last time around, we were downing the ultra and ran out of time on ads.

It is possible to get into the final room with at least 5:30 left on the timer.
    2 exotic swords milling head the ball can get his health below half. The third persons priority should be the blights and then adds.

It is still possible to fail from here...just control the adds and blights and then mill the boss again. If you can get him killed with 60 seconds or more you can clear the adds especially if you have controlled the blights up until this.

Bohrio wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed that, our first 5-6 games were easy, then things started getting more difficult, I went 8-0 twice with a bunch of randoms only to be paired up against dtr skill 50s on the last 2 games with an average KD of 3.8-4.5... so pretty much the end for us.

Enjoyable but diffcult as these guys had already done trials and were only there to prevent people from going to the light house.

Not sure why you would do that since there is nothing in the lighthouse anymore except for the emblem if you care about it and that's about it.

but i do like the concept, although it will make it more difficult to get a group in LFG as they will require high DTR scores now if you want to join them IMO
    If you're looking for competitive games, its best to stay in Trials with a full card. Personally I find tough, close games more enjoyable so did that for a while, not to stop people from getting there but to have better games as Destiny doesn't have private games so this is as close to competitive Destiny as you can get really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Played some trials with toaster and cdb over the weekend, most light levels high 290 to 310ish, I was playing about 302. I like the introduction of the bounties, I cracked open a silver tier and got Reflection Sum, not a great roll and the sights are a bit ****ty so hopefully nab a better roll next time. Nothing of interest from the gold tier but did get a titan towel as a drop, both weapon and mark dropped at 302.

Definitely a sniper map so we were up against it from the start, it was also very late so our reactions might have been a tad slow. We were also a little hasty at times and blew a round or 2 but all in all not that bad considering.

Connection wise I found it OK, got sniped in cover 2-3 times but no other major issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement